The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Impark is literally ridiculous

yawn.3x

This is what happens when you give a tiny bit of power to a human being that can't handle it, and really wants way more! I am not going to sit here and crap on them. They are a business, they have screwed me, and I dislike their service... Screw them, tell them you'll pay the 15, if they minus the 10$ you spent already off of that.

Power corrupts...

And...

TAKE THE BLOODY BUS!!! Problem solved.

PRO TIP:

When parking in a paid parking garage, always park on the top floor. Sure you gotta walk a bit more, but no tow-truck is gonna get past that low clearance! :ph34r:

(If your tickets are from the city, government, etc. PLEASE pay those!!)

Wow...that's ingenious my man. tyvm.

PRO TIP:

When parking in a paid parking garage, always park on the top floor. Sure you gotta walk a bit more, but no tow-truck is gonna get past that low clearance! :ph34r:

(If your tickets are from the city, government, etc. PLEASE pay those!!)

Wow...that's ingenious my man. tyvm. :towel:

Just checked. Impark gets paid access to provincial driving records. Name ad address only. This information is only available/usable for following up on outstanding payment notices and for initiating lawsuits.

So, when a Impark employee enters your plate number in their little device they cant get any information about you beyond the plate number. If you change your plate numbers your good to go as far as getting towed goes.

Yes, that will work! No meter maid is going to notice some poor sap bent over the boot, with his trunk full of tools, busily prying away at the nasty lock. Plus, most people can't put together an ikea lamp stand. Are these same people going to be able to remove a boot?

Take the bus children! It's the only way. The Loser Cruiser. The 20 ton taxi. It's the way. We already live in beehives. Give up your last hold on individuality; give up your cars. Join us completely. You'll feel safer with us, than against us:)

Yes, that will work! No meter maid is going to notice some poor sap bent over the boot, with his trunk full of tools, busily prying away at the nasty lock. Plus, most people can't put together an ikea lamp stand. Are these same people going to be able to remove a boot?

Take the bus children! It's the only way. The Loser Cruiser. The 20 ton taxi. It's the way. We already live in beehives. Give up your last hold on individuality; give up your cars. Join us completely. You'll feel safer with us, than against us:)

:lol:

I don't disagree with you, I just like your responses.

Sounds like my uni. Don't pay. F them. One time, the parking dick at my campus was waiting right on the dot to ticket a bunch of us in the same class. From the time it took us to walk from class to our cars the parking pass expired and he ticketed us literally a minute after expiration. If you think I'm paying that you got another thing coming :lol:. T'was cancelled. Now I park a bit further away from the school in an entirely different lot that Impark doesn't have control over and I don't pay them a dime of my money.

And why the hell do uni's employ Impark? They don't get a dime from those twits issuing tickets. In fact, it costs them to have them there.

Lol........ Is it UFV? I dunno. Like I said. I wouldn't care if the parking lot was FULL and I didn't pay, but when the parking lot is 75% empty its just totally ridiculous. As if a $1800 tuition isn't enough. Let's throw some parking tickets in their to!

Kinda sucks. I paid. Such is life. Movin on. Still upset, but whatever. Not much I can do. Maybe next time i'll try not paying it but I don't wanna come back to the parking lot to find my car missing and having noway home, and paying $100 for a taxi.

Don't you have any other place that you can park? And then walk like 5 to 10 minutes to your university? I go to KPU in Surrey and have never parked in the pay parking area, and don't plan too. There's a residential area literally 2-3 mins away and I park there. Totally legal as I am not breaking any laws. Just have to obey all the signs.

Just another way to get your money. My opinion, don't pay it. Change your plate, and never park there again.

I've never actually changed my plates before. Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but do I just go to ICBC and ask them to change my plates? Or do I go to my insurance place? Lol I've actually never done it before.

Any insurance place. They charge you 18$ for new plates.

On a side note, I get called in to work on crap all over the place and have to park in and out of a ton of impark lots all the time. Regularly end up getting stuck working on something for an extra 10 min to 2 hours over the 2 hour max on the spots around here. Never pay the tickets ever. It's not worth it for them to collect 15-30 dollars. If they go after you for that, it will cost way more than they are collecting and they are a business not a government. Only suckers pay impark tickets.

Lol........ Is it UFV? I dunno. Like I said. I wouldn't care if the parking lot was FULL and I didn't pay, but when the parking lot is 75% empty its just totally ridiculous. As if a $1800 tuition isn't enough. Let's throw some parking tickets in their to!

Kinda sucks. I paid. Such is life. Movin on. Still upset, but whatever. Not much I can do. Maybe next time i'll try not paying it but I don't wanna come back to the parking lot to find my car missing and having noway home, and paying $100 for a taxi.

So your argument is you don't feel like you should have to pay for a goods/services because there isn't a line up and no one else was using it?

A criminal entity in my books. Just like parking at a hospital anywhere in Canada. You need a brief case of cash just to park for a few hours.

Yeah i know, most big hospitals are right in the middle or close to downtown where there is no available parking only pay parking. They just friggin gouge.

So your argument is you don't feel like you should have to pay for a goods/services because there isn't a line up and no one else was using it?

Ehhh I think you're missing the point. I did pay for the goods and service. I only missed a 40 minute window which I thought was unfair. i paid for parking the whole day technically considering I left early, and the stall was empty. But life doesn't work that way.

Archived