The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looks like Markstrom is

Trancer

:picard:

Name 1.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahaha

Did you honestly just do that? LA had a good team, but quick elevates his game every year in the playoffs and rolls as mvp. There is also no way Boston even makes it to the finals, let alone win with out Thomas completely standing on his head. Carolina has a cup in the last decade. Want to know how? 2 words. Cam. Ward. That was a a average team on all acounts and Ward won that cup. Now should I start on New Jersey, or are we all good here? Also, this is just in last decade or so. Good try bud.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahaha

Did you honestly just do that? LA had a good team, but quick elevates his game every year in the playoffs and rolls as mvp. There is also no way Boston even makes it to the finals, let alone win with out Thomas completely standing on his head. Carolina has a cup in the last decade. Want to know how? 2 words. Cam. Ward. That was a a average team on all acounts and Ward won that cup. Now should I start on New Jersey, or are we all good here? Also, this is just in last decade or so. Good try bud.

Sigh....Yes, I'll give you the Hurricanes - but the rest were NOT "average" teams.

So that's once every 10 years - not "every" year.

Markstrom has always had the potential and tears it up at every level he's played so he's got the talent but he was never mentally ready. I'm just hoping Miller or someone can calm him down so he won't get rattled again when he gets another shot.

Totally agree Butters :) Marky Mark will absorb a ton from Miller and be a better goalie for it.

Sigh....Yes, I'll give you the Hurricanes - but the rest were NOT "average" teams.

So that's once every 10 years - not "every" year.

also playoffs, I said that once a year a team is piggy backed by good goaltending, ie the Nashvilles a few years ago and NJ still.

the point is, a good goalie can make all the difference, so saying it doesnt matter who we have, because we will fail is silly

also playoffs, I said that once a year a team is piggy backed by good goaltending, ie the Nashvilles a few years ago and NJ still.

the point is, a good goalie can make all the difference, so saying it doesnt matter who we have, because we will fail is silly

Did the Canucks succeed the last 10 years with all the good goalies we've had? How about the last 40?

Sorry, they have failed to win a cup - didn't matter who was in net nor how good they are/were.

So no - it isn't silly.

Did the Canucks succeed the last 10 years with all the good goalies we've had? How about the last 40?

Sorry, they have failed to win a cup - didn't matter who was in net nor how good they are/were.

So no - it isn't silly.

Ohhhh I get it now.

I thought we were talking hockey, not painting our nails black and calling for doomsday. For a second I was actually thinking we were having a sports debate, didn't realize that your sky must have already fallen years ago. Carry on.

What a complete idiotic thing to say. At least once a year a average team is completely piggy backed by superb goaltending. Teams win Stanley Cups regularly because of this.

I wouldn't say regularly. If true, we would have won the cup by now with Luongo in net.

In today's NHL, a Stanley Cup team is a mix of:

-At least an above average goaltender

-One of the best top 4 D's in the league

-High scoring/defensive top 6

-And a bottom 6 that can be a top 6 for some other teams (in other words, lots of depth)

NHL ready. You can see he is tracking the puck very good. Hes squared to the puck and absorbs the puck. Also his laterall movement seems to be improving as well. If Markstrom keeps playing the way he has so far he could be forcing lot of pressure on Miller. Do you think Miller is in trouble because of Markstrom becoming a strong option for number 1 goaltender?

I agree, a bit early to judge but it appears like Benning / coaching staff have made the right choice.

Quick has the best checking team in front of him that turns on beast mode during the playoffs.

Relying on stellar goaltending won't get you far in the playoffs if you can't score or defend at high levels which teams like LA and CHI do during the playoffs.

Goaltending definitely helps but being able to score and defend at high levels is much more important if you wanted to do damage in the playoffs.

Quick has the best checking team in front of him that turns on beast mode during the playoffs.

Relying on stellar goaltending won't get you far in the playoffs if you can't score or defend at high levels which teams like LA and CHI do during the playoffs.

Goaltending definitely helps but being able to score and defend at high levels is much more important if you wanted to do damage in the playoffs.

Agreed on the LA structure helping the goalie. The evidence is in the guys, who did well in LA and are crap on other teams: Scrivens and Bernier come to mind.

Markstrom looks good... he's bigger and more solid than Lack.

Miller is basically a $6M human shield against media scrutiny. Maybe it was better that Lack moved on because I could see the fans slowly turning on him like how WWE fans turned on John Cena once it was revealed he had limited ability.

Man I laughed at this, so good!.

11-12 LA Kings;

05-06 Carolina Hurricances;

02-03 Anaheim Mighty Ducks.....

Should I continue?

No, you really shouldn't...Hurricanes I'll give you, those other two...one, Ducks didn't win in 02-03, two, Kings had a lot of talent with their win.

11-12 Kings Roster

Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Brown, Penner, Williams, Stoll, Doughty, Voynov, Scuderi, Mitchell, Martinez, Quick

Btw, if you wanted to make a better argument, could have included the NJ Devils wins in 2000, and 2003, although that was at height of dead puck era...

Again though, teams don't win Stanley Cups with elite goalies and a crappy team in front, they can win, the odd time, with one of if not the best goalie in the entire world at the time and a questionable team in front of said goalie.

Archived