The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Palestinian Flag Raised at UN for First Time Ever - Canada was one of the 8 countries out of 172 to say no

TOMapleLaughs

isreals were given land after world war 2 but they deny the arabs that lived in palestine which is very morally wrong until both sides learn to share their lands and live in peace the same bs will keep happening it makes me ashamed that canada wouldnt support this at u n its morally wrong and a huge reason why the workds so messed up

You guys all need to brush up on your history.

bmand.gif

I find it hypocritical that everyone goes after Israel and says nothing about Jordan.

Jordan, is really Palestine.

"In 1923, the British divided the "Palestine" portion of the Ottoman Empire into two administrative districts.

The Great Britain made a deal with Hashemite Kingdom, Egypt and France in order to obtain control over Suez canal and oil reserves in Kerkut, as well as accommodate Bedouin refugees from the Saudi Peninsula, who were allowed to settle, ‘temporally’, in 1922 on the Eastern side of the Palestinian Mandate: The trans-Jordan (77% of the Palestinian Mandate) was given to the Saudi Arabian king's brother The Sinai, which was given to Egypt. Golan Heights (5% of the Palestinian Mandate) was ceded to the French controlled Syrian Mandate.

in 1946 Trans-Jordan was renamed to "Jordan". In other words, the eastern 3/4 of Palestine would be renamed TWICE, in effect, erasing all connection to the name "Palestine!" However, the bottom line is that the Palestinian Arabs had THEIR "Arab Palestinian" homeland."

You guys all need to brush up on your history.

bmand.gif

I find it hypocritical that everyone goes after Israel and says nothing about Jordan.

Jordan, is really Palestine.

"In 1923, the British divided the "Palestine" portion of the Ottoman Empire into two administrative districts.

The Great Britain made a deal with Hashemite Kingdom, Egypt and France in order to obtain control over Suez canal and oil reserves in Kerkut, as well as accommodate Bedouin refugees from the Saudi Peninsula, who were allowed to settle, ‘temporally’, in 1922 on the Eastern side of the Palestinian Mandate: The trans-Jordan (77% of the Palestinian Mandate) was given to the Saudi Arabian king's brother The Sinai, which was given to Egypt. Golan Heights (5% of the Palestinian Mandate) was ceded to the French controlled Syrian Mandate.

in 1946 Trans-Jordan was renamed to "Jordan". In other words, the eastern 3/4 of Palestine would be renamed TWICE, in effect, erasing all connection to the name "Palestine!" However, the bottom line is that the Palestinian Arabs had THEIR "Arab Palestinian" homeland."

Here's the link:

http://www.shamrak.com/Masada2000-HistoryofPalestine.htm

It's strange to me that they do such a serious history piece and yet they source nothing.

You need to reread your Bible, never has it been silver plattered to them.

I think you misunderstand me. I don't mean that it was easy and there was a clear path, but I do mean that he always had a plan for them, and always opened the way for them to get to the promised land. He parted water for them, broke down walls for them, and brought them to the promised land. He told them to cleanse the land (sounds brutal, I know, but it's the OT), and they didn't. They intermingled with the people living there, and have been living those consequences ever since.

I've read my Bible, thanks very much. We may have different opinions, but snide remarks aren't necessary.

The Bible should be in the fiction section and isn't a source to quote history from.

Well, apparently you and the Smithsonian Institute are at odds.

"...much of the bible, in particular the historical books of the Old Testament, are as accurate historical documents as any that we have from antiquity and in fact more accurate than many of the Egyptian, Mesopotamian or Greeek histories."

I'm going to go with the Smithsonian on this one.

Well, apparently you and the Smithsonian Institute are at odds.

"...much of the bible, in particular the historical books of the Old Testament, are as accurate historical documents as any that we have from antiquity and in fact more accurate than many of the Egyptian, Mesopotamian or Greeek histories."

I'm going to go with the Smithsonian on this one.

LOL this is such horse crap. I would love the Smithsonian's resident Egyptologist to tell the public with a straight face that the Old Testament is more historically accurate than their findings.

Which 'historical' books are accurate in the Old Testament? Genesis has two creation myths that contradict each other.

Exodus is basically a work of fiction, as I will explain below.

The Book of Numbers denotes the adventures involving a talking donkey (I am assuming Eddie Murphy doesn't voice this one)

1st Samuel mentions how Saul wants David to collect 100 foreskins for him in order to marry his daughter...even if this happened, how could a story like this be 'verified'?

In contrast, Egyptian history is very well documented by the Egyptians themselves, and there are numerous relics, writings and even mummies of pharaohs as far back as Ahmose I, who died 3500 years ago.

The Egyptian account of history lines up with the evidence. As for the 'historically accurate' story of Exodus in the Bible, well there is virtually no evidence to support that it ever actually happened.

Despite decades of supposed slavery in Egypt, there are no ancient Hebrew artifacts. There are, however, tons of ancient Egyptian scribble on pottery fragments.

The evidence is so extensive regarding ancient pottery fragments that Egyptologists even know intimate details of the everyday life of average Egyptian people, and guess what: None of them had any Hebrew slaves.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus

http://mashable.com/2015/09/30/palestinian-flag-at-un/#gb2_UlNovPq0

UK abstained.

While this was mainly symbolic, it does open the door for Palestine.

Was our government on the right side of history with this?

The majority of Canadians don't think so.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/08/harper-palestine-israel-united-nations_n_3232151.html

Why is this country so owned by Israel?

Canada is just a sheep country that follows whatever Israel says. Makes Canada look bad, so much for the peace keeping reputation.

I'm not sure why you're embarrassed, but you must be glad you're not an American then.

We are actually worst than Americans when it comes to kissing Israel's feet. Remember that US was part of the Nuclear deal with Iran while Israel and Canada weren't all because Israel was condemning the deal.

We are actually worst than Americans when it comes to kissing Israel's feet. Remember that US was part of the Nuclear deal with Iran while Israel and Canada weren't all because Israel was condemning the deal.

To be fair, choosing between signing the deal or not is choosing the lesser of two evils.

So question... what happens if and when Iran breaks the deal? Sanctions go back up?

It's election time and the conservatives need to keep the jewish base that gives them such strong support, I guess. Between this and not getting a seat on the security council, Canada's not looking too great in terms of our image in the world.

It's election time and the conservatives need to keep the jewish base that gives them such strong support, I guess. Between this and not getting a seat on the security council, Canada's not looking too great in terms of our image in the world.

We've supported Israel since 2006.

Harper's base is actually in rural communities, which have extremely low Jewish populations.

Archived