The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian involved in early morning car wreck...

Yeah, it's possible. Dunno how likely, but possible.

I only say that cuz the French version of the interview the guy who apparently found Kassian - and let him "crash" on his couch (while awaiting emerg crews?? weird) - suggests that he found Kassian outside of the truck, dazed and bloodied. Not a big stretch to imagine he was in the driver's seat before leaving the truck. That said, if Kassian was so dazed, etc. it'd be hard to imagine he had the thinking skills in play to enter negotiations with anyone.

All in, there's more the story which will unravel in coming days/weeks, and whatever happens Kassian will be on a very very very very short bottom 6 leash in Montreal - and that's the best he can hope for.

What did you just write? Pretty sure you're over-thinking this.

"He probably wasn't driving, because he was bloodied and dazed....too much to pretend he wasn't driving"?

The company is a sponsor of his, apparently Kass wore a baseball cap and t-shirt after a practice. And someone on the HF boards says those are dealer plates. Maybe he's driving a demo, sponsored by the company?

This is it's website.

http://www.leroiducamion.com/en-CA/home.aspx

The busted up truck has a giant logo on the hood, stenciling on the windshield and probably the same crap on the side and back.

I've never seen or heard of a professional athlete driving a billboard every day as part of a straight up sponsorship deal, usually they just have to plug the dealership on the radio and mention them on Twitter.

However, Zack is a little unpredictable so who knows? Apparently, he was wearing shorts and a t shirt at 6 am in October.

The Habs should be getting in front of a microphone today. Storm clouds brewing, he might get a suspension, he might get waived, he could even be injured.

The busted up truck has a giant logo on the hood, stenciling on the windshield and probably the same crap on the side and back.

I've never seen or heard of a professional athlete driving a billboard every day as part of a straight up sponsorship deal, usually they just have to plug the dealership on the radio and mention them on Twitter.

What are you getting at?

This isn't about partying somehow?

Is it like the plot of a caper movie? Just a series of misunderstandings?

However, Zack is a little unpredictable so who knows? Apparently, he was wearing shorts and a t shirt.

The Habs should be getting in front of a microphone today. Storm clouds brewing, he might get a suspension, he might get waived, he could even be injured.

Waived or suspended? For what exactly.

What conclusions should we jump to? I seriously doubt it's his truck with all the advertising for 'Le Roi Du Camion' on it.

CQeAaNEXAAALMMF.jpg

same truck? minus the sun visor...which could be up a tree somewhere

roiducamion.jpg

gee I wonder why you, of all people, would know something like that

Thats gotta be the same truck....How many giant-ass smog belching billboard trucks would one auto lease company have to lend out to celebrities?

for pissing off his employers

You cannot get suspended for pissing your employer off.

And waiving him is stupid as he still has value. People are making more out of this than they should. This probably ranks very low on any organization's 'give a crap' meter.

Is it wrong that he is partying like a young 20's year old millionaire? Obviously not. What everyone is saying and what Brunet is saying is this:

Kassian hasn't done enough to prove himself in the NHL so far, he also has had an history of injuries. For the sake of his career and with his disappointing camp, he should be expected to lay low, spent 3-5 hours a day in the gym/practicing his game/rehabbing his back and following his diet 100%. Live a boring life for a few months, get on track and prove yourself and then you can party like an animal and not be judged.
vCash: 500

This was a good post in my opinion. Young ladies and booze and money are a strong draw at that age, ( I think I remember, it was so long ago), it's hard to make proper decisions with all the distractions. He doesn't seem capable of taking a step back and having a look at the whole picture. Hopefully someone can get into his head and make him take a good look at what is going on and what could possibly be. He doesn't seem to be able to do it by himself.

Beaudet

Is it wrong that he is partying like a young 20's year old millionaire? Obviously not. What everyone is saying and what Brunet is saying is this:

Kassian hasn't done enough to prove himself in the NHL so far, he also has had an history of injuries. For the sake of his career and with his disappointing camp, he should be expected to lay low, spent 3-5 hours a day in the gym/practicing his game/rehabbing his back and following his diet 100%. Live a boring life for a few months, get on track and prove yourself and then you can party like an animal and not be judged.

This was a good post in my opinion. Young ladies and booze and money are a strong draw at that age, ( I think I remember, it was so long ago), it's hard to make proper decisions with all the distractions. He doesn't seem capable of taking a step back and having a look at the whole picture. Hopefully someone can get into his head and make him take a good look at what is going on and what could possibly be. He doesn't seem to be able to do it by himself.

Is that yellow and extremely hard to read on your end?

Beaudet

Disappointing camp? The way he played is the way he has always played. You should only be disappointed if you expected to see a different player on the ice than you saw the last few years of his career. He is what he is at this point. I never understood why so much was made out of that trade. Kassian is a 4th liner who occasionally puts together a hot streak once in a while to make you think he is better than he actually is then subsequently disappears.

However, Zack is a little unpredictable so who knows? Apparently, he was wearing shorts and a t shirt at 6 am in October.

the girls in the truck probably work for the company that owns the truck so not to far fetched that one of them was driving. Look at the picture of the truck with the two girls in bikinis I assume they come with the truck and not just two random girls off the street.

My guess is they were at a sponsorship event and Kass was there then they probably went out after to a party but who knows.

You cannot get suspended for pissing your employer off.

And waiving him is stupid as he still has value. People are making more out of this than they should. This probably ranks very low on any organization's 'give a crap' meter.

the team can do whatever they want, they'll probably just have to pay him

and waiving him to send him to the minors isn't outside the realm of possibility either

Archived