The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian involved in early morning car wreck...

the girls in the truck probably work for the company that owns the truck so not to far fetched that one of them was driving. Look at the picture of the truck with the two girls in bikinis I assume they come with the truck and not just two random girls off the street.

My guess is they were at a sponsorship event and Kass was there then they probably went out after to a party but who knows.

that's pretty close to what I think as well, I can't imagine him having that truck as an everyday driver

the team can do whatever they want, they'll probably just have to pay him

and waiving him to send him to the minors isn't outside the realm of possibility either

That is benching a player. My point was you cannot suspend a player just because he was in the passenger seat of a car.

Is it possible they waive him? Sure, but I doubt it happens.

That is benching a player. My point was you cannot suspend a player just because he was in the passenger seat of a car.

Is it possible they waive him? Sure, but I doubt it happens.

If Kassian gets waived, I see him clearing. Guy has no value. That's why we had to literally give him away to the only team that would try him. He had an underwhelming camp too, and this stunt is going to make a few people in management pretty angry.

I think the problem is that he's now been traded twice in a young and promising career and the 2nd time was definitely due to party issues.

Yes its a day off but with that kind of reputation and being given a 3rd chance on a new team, do you really have to chase tail til 6 in the morning?

When he was out with a bad back with the Canucks there were multiple reports of him partying it up at clubs.

He's a pro athlete that lacks the commitment to become an actual pro.

Despite not knowing the full context, it appears as hr was partying Saturday night until the wee hours of the morning and ended up getting involved in an accident.

Sorry no sympathy here. He's a pro with God given talents that's just pissing it away.

straight up. I'm no mathematician but if you add the numbers up it's obvious the reason he was benched so frequently last season was his lack of commitment to bettering himself as a hockey player and was way deep into partying. Immaturity coupled with irresponsibility, fame and fortune. It's a damn shame because he could be so good.

straight up. I'm no mathematician but if you add the numbers up it's obvious the reason he was benched so frequently last season was his lack of commitment to bettering himself as a hockey player and was way deep into partying. Immaturity coupled with irresponsibility, fame and fortune. It's a damn shame because he could be so good.

Unfortunately that's how it goes. Guy reminds me of Fedor Federov. Skilled guy, completely immature and full of himself. Fedor never made it to the NHL, but easily could have if his ego/partying had stayed in check.

You cannot get suspended for pissing your employer off.

And waiving him is stupid as he still has value. People are making more out of this than they should. This probably ranks very low on any organization's 'give a crap' meter.

I'm thinking you may be wrong...

@651066285841780736

Marc Bergevin is just shredding Zack Kassian.

@651065725319311360

"I'm a firm believer in character and that's a lack of character and judgment in his part" - Marc Bergevin on Zack Kassian.

Kass has a broken nose and a broken foot - Habs presser

Archived