The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Boston shopping Chara + Marchand

The way he was acting there they could have risked having him spiral out of control a la Kassian, as well as risk his trade value plummet was kind of a lose-lose situation for them.

They could have gotten a better deal then what they got for Seguin though

They could have gotten a better deal then what they got for Seguin though

And if they did I think they'd have taken it, this isn't NHL 16, news travels fast within the NHL especially about a troubled player.

Remember how many people said we could have got so much more for Kassian? Look how wrong people were about that...

If Bruins have really decided to go full-rebuild, they should trade Rask...and soon.

You'd have to think that the Blues would be falling over themselves to get that done. Jake Allen + Ty Rattie + ???. Bruins go forward with Allen and Subban.

I am of the belief that Allen will be taking over the starter's role in St.Louis and his potential to me is that of a better goaltender then Rask.

I am of the belief that Allen will be taking over the starter's role in St.Louis and his potential to me is that of a better goaltender then Rask.

Maybe Allen will pan out to be good...but better than Rask?

Rask has the best career regular season save percentage of all time. And the 5th best in the playoffs. Boston's team and style may help those a bit, but even still, he's definitely a top-5 starter in this league.

Similarly, the team and style of the Blues have boosted Elliot's and Halak's stats over their career averages. Whereas Allen's numbers so far have been decidedly below average. What makes you think that Allen will become a "better goaltender" than one of the best in the league?

Benning is showing to be a loyal GM, bringing in players with connections to staff and himself (Dorsett, Vey, Bachman, Bartkowski, Miller, Baertschi, etc)—but please please stay away from Chara as tempting as it could be, Benning. Unless it's a total steal with a lot of cap retention for Chara, which won't happen, don't let either of them gobble up the cap space.

Boston would have to retain a bunch of Chara's contract. No one is going to want a 7 mil defenseman who is prone to injury, and barely produces half of what he use to point-wise. Definitley on his last legs, not worth the trouble at this point in his career.

the leafs would want them

A team wanting leadership and a defenseman who can change the speed of the game, but also has a ton of cap space would trade for Chara.

Edmonton is desperate for playoff contention and a good defenseman, Chara could bring that, and the Oil could probably swallow his cap hit for the next two years. They have the depth up front to make a move obviously. Plus, like someone mentioned, their GM knows him pretty well.

Hamilton wanted out of Boston

Even injured Marchand and Chara carry decent value.

Haven't you heard? Butthurt posters on CDC have declared them as having next to no value they'd be lucky to trade them both straight up for Dorsett even if they retained 50% salary on both...

Archived