The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Canadian Clothing Brands

EmmersonCha

wow , im surprised no one has mentioned Dsquared ..   its one of the dopest high end brands in the world ..   hasn't really broke america yet but is massive in the rest of the world ..   check it out .  they do some incredible stuff 

On 23/10/2015 at 3:53 PM, BI3KSA- said:

Oh, I totally agree with you on all points. But thats not what I said, I said calling someone a douche just for wearing expensive clothes is massively douchy. If some clown is wearing a shirt with a gigantic shiny gold GUCCI on it they are a douche, I totally agree. Honestly, I think having brand labels showing in any significant way is really tacky. Unless its like a tiny, tiny crest on the breast or something like that. The funniest thing is when people do it with overpriced low quality garbage like Armani Exchange etc, that are no better than like Gap quality yet they still have labels/logos all over the shirt and just look both tacky and dumb. 

Clothes filled with logos like that are basically made for poor/middle class people who wish to pretend they are rich.  Clothes worn by actual rich people have tiny logos or none at all.  But you can still feel an aura of wealth around them because of the fit and quality of the clothes.

Of course, most of us can't afford really nice clothes, but we can still put together tasteful outfits that look good but don't scream "I SPENT A WEEKS WORTH OF MY LANDSCAPING MONEY ON THIS TAPOUT SHIRT"

5 hours ago, Lulover88 said:

wow , im surprised no one has mentioned Dsquared ..   its one of the dopest high end brands in the world ..   hasn't really broke america yet but is massive in the rest of the world ..   check it out .  they do some incredible stuff 

Not really "Canadian". Yes, the brothers who started it were born in Canada. However, they are based out of London now. The manufacturing doesn't take place in Canada. Neither does any of the corporate stuff. Not really sure what makes the company a "Canadian" clothing brand.

3 hours ago, taxi said:

Not really "Canadian". Yes, the brothers who started it were born in Canada. However, they are based out of London now. The manufacturing doesn't take place in Canada. Neither does any of the corporate stuff. Not really sure what makes the company a "Canadian" clothing brand.

perhaps the maple leaf imprinted on every single thing they make ?   and i mean that literally 

Never really bothered with 'brands' just avoided anything sold at the gap lol.  Exhaust, Point Zero and Southpole are the only brands I can think of besides Levi's that I wore.

There are quite a few mid to high end clothing manufacturers located right in Vancouver, Arc'teryx has already been mentioned but there are others like like Westcomb, Stormtech, Taiga and a few others I can't recall at the moment.

For dress clothing one that comes to mind is Blair Shapera, going to order me a fitted suit soon.

6 hours ago, Electro Rock said:

There are quite a few mid to high end clothing manufacturers located right in Vancouver, Arc'teryx has already been mentioned but there are others like like Westcomb, Stormtech, Taiga and a few others I can't recall at the moment.

For dress clothing one that comes to mind is Blair Shapera, going to order me a fitted suit soon.

Made-to-Measure or Bespoke?

Mind if I ask for the price range?  I wouldn't mind getting a nicely fitted suit... but being a poor smuck, I'll just be shopping whenever I'm overseas, lol. 

13 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Made-to-Measure or Bespoke?

Mind if I ask for the price range?  I wouldn't mind getting a nicely fitted suit... but being a poor smuck, I'll just be shopping whenever I'm overseas, lol. 

I believe its roughly $750 for made to measure to $1500 for bespoke.

4 minutes ago, Electro Rock said:

I believe its roughly $750 for made to measure to $1500 for bespoke.

Yikes.

Fly to Saigon, take the bus up to Hoi-An, and you could get a kashmere hand made bespoken suit with some custom made dress shoes to match for cheaper than that.

23 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Yikes.

Fly to Saigon, take the bus up to Hoi-An, and you could get a kashmere hand made bespoken suit with some custom made dress shoes to match for cheaper than that.

Bought locally and in SE Asia. The quality of the SE Asia stuff just isn't as good. You're looking at about $400 for what they consider a decent suit there. However, if you want daily wear, it won't last.

Not a huge fan of Shapera either. It's too expensive. You're paying for their North American labour and store front.

I typically buy suits from Himark or Martin Tailors. They are services that measure you here and then build the suits in Asia. Basically the best of both worlds. You get good quality and reasonable prices. You're looking at about $800 for one of their suits. More if you want to pay for higher end fabrics.

21 hours ago, Lulover88 said:

perhaps the maple leaf imprinted on every single thing they make ?   and i mean that literally 

Branding doesn't make something Canadian. It's good to see Canadians doing well on the global scene, however, nothing when we talk about Canadian clothing, we typically mean the company or the production has to be based in Canada.

33 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Yikes.

Numbah 10! You boocoo dinky dau!!

If I was going to do knockoffs I'd rather hit up my Italian friends for items made by the same people to the same specs as the official stuff.

1 hour ago, Electro Rock said:

Numbah 10! You boocoo dinky dau!!

If I was going to do knockoffs I'd rather hit up my Italian friends for items made by the same people to the same specs as the official stuff.

Just because it's from Vietnam doesn't mean it's a knock-off.  Far from it actually.  A number of my friends have gotten suits there and they are not lacking in quality.

I actually got mine done in a shop in Bangkok though.  Joe Sakic orders a number of his suits from the same place.

http://dgeigsinsingapore.com/2013/05/12/bangkok-joe-sakics-love-of-thai-suits/

They keep the picture of him in the window of their shop.  Something you wouldn't expect to see walking in Bangkok.

On Wednesday, March 02, 2016 at 3:10 AM, Lulover88 said:

I love Dsquared.

They were very huge on the whole lumberjack look a couple of seasons back. Red+black plaid, mufflers etc.

Archived