The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

I personally think the Pistons gave up too much, but Griffin is a beast. Griffin and Drummond going to be REAL GOOD.

Eh. Harris was good offensively, but Bradley would have been let go. Made the best out of some assets we would have otherwise lost or lost value on.

• Cheers 1

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/nba-trade-deadline-live-blog-will-cavaliers-make-bold-move/

Isaiah Thomas is a Los Angeles Laker

Well, that escalated quickly.

Turns out that Cleveland will be sending Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye to the Lakers for Clarkson and Nance Jr.

Thomas has been flat out awful on the court since returning from his hip injury, which has limited his ability to do what he does best and fearlessly attack the basket to create opportunities.

Normally his elite scoring ability offsets the fact that he is an F-minus defender, but if he can’t knock down shots— Thomas is shooting 36 per cent from the floor and 25 per cent from deep— his value is extremely limited. And this trade is proof.

To make matters worse, Thomas has been extremely vocal calling out his Cavs teammates and coaches when talking to the media, which likely plays a part in Cleveland deciding to move on from him after just 15 games.

It’s hard to recall a player’s worth dropping as quickly as Thomas’ has.

Cleveland will also send their own 1st round pick (…not the more-valuable Nets pick) to L.A. as part of the deal.

Once again Cleveland now has a major hole at point guard— they will likely try to fill it using Clarkson (or a veteran acquired on the buyout market), but the former Laker is more of a combo guard. LeBron James’ presence as a facilitator obviously takes some pressure off a player like Clarkson having to conduct the Cavs’ offense.

So, in essence the Cavs traded all-world point guard Kyrie Irving for Larry Nance Jr., Jordan Clarkson, and the Brooklyn pick.

Wild.

God the cavs are stupid. You have Kyrie. You turn him into Isaiah. You turn him in Jordan Clarkson. Lebron is gonna jump ship (Just like he always does when the going gets tough), and then what are you left with? And y'all get pissed over Benning about asset management...

Celtics are coming out of the East

• Like 2

On 1/30/2018 at 11:33 PM, Xbox said:

Would love for the Celtics to get AD, but not at the expense of Tatum and/or Brown. I don't think that roster could win 4/7 against Golden State.

I love watching the Celtics play because they are one of the only teams that play real team basketball (Utah and SA are the other ones). I am fairly confident that they can challenge GS

13 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I love watching the Celtics play because they are one of the only teams that play real team basketball (Utah and SA are the other ones). I am fairly confident that they can challenge GS

In perspective 

In to Cleveland:

Jordan Clarkson 

Larry Nance Jr

Ante Zizic 

Nets 1st

Heats 2nd - 2020

Out of Cleveland:

Kyrie Irving

Isaiah Thomas

Channing Frye

1st round pick 

In this story for Cleveland.com published just moments ago, Isaiah Thomas’ agent spoke candidly about the poor fit alongside LeBron James:

“He’s worked too hard to get back, and he’s a ball dominant player,” said Thomas’ agent, Aaron Goodwin. “It’s LeBron’s ball, and this clearly wasn’t working. Koby (Altman) and I have had enough conversations where it was clear, with the way the system was going, it wasn’t beneficial for either party. This is a good opportunity for Isaiah.”

21 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

God the cavs are stupid. You have Kyrie. You turn him into Isaiah. You turn him in Jordan Clarkson. Lebron is gonna jump ship (Just like he always does when the going gets tough), and then what are you left with? And y'all get pissed over Benning about asset management...

Celtics are coming out of the East

I can't even blame Lebron for leaving this time. This is like when Oren Koules and Len Barrie took over the Lightning and started playing fantasy GM, that's what Gilbert is doing. The organization is being run like its a circus. Kyrie--->Isaiah--->Jordan Clarkson is &^@#ing ridiculous. Its also ridiculous how Danny Ainge continues to literally destroy other organizations by just being an opportunist. The Cavs were finished the instant they traded Kyrie for pieces. Ainge not only got the Cavs second best player but the trade indirectly caused them to lose the best player the organization will ever know. 

Edited by Toews
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

To me, and I base my opinion on basketball played from a time where it was mostly under the rim play, GS is another team that plays a solid team game.  They win, because they play that way, and have more top notch players than the other teams.  I think GS wins, unless they have an injury to a key player.