The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

7 hours ago, cookieeater55 said:

Bruh

he has three rings and has been to the finals how many times?? 

Cant be top 2 if he’s only won three times out of 8 appearances :huh:

How many times was he favoured to win those finals. The only real blemish is the no show he has against the Mavs. 

Jordan was getting swept in the first round until pippen came. Is losing in the first round better then losing in the finals. Obviously losing in the finals stings because you’re so close, but I’d rather be number 2 vs number 9-16. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I know basketball brother. Im versatile. More of a college guy though. 

So can we bet on this series since you sounded so confident in writing off Team Lebron!? 

After the Lebrons win you gotta change that USC pic to whatever I choose?

And if I lose, vice versa. 

16 hours ago, J-23 said:

1. Wilt Chamberlin

2. Michael Jordan

3. Bill Russel

4. Lebron James/Kobe Bryant

5. Lebron James/Kobe Bryant

I think pretty highly of Wilt but 1st? He was a perennial loser and his averages drop drastically adjusted to todays era. 

Wilt also stunk at shooting fts and his playoff averages compared to regular season are night and day. 

1. MJ

2. Magic

3. Kareem

4. Lebron (and climbing 4-7 yrs left) 

5. Bird

6. Wilt

16 hours ago, cookieeater55 said:

Bruh

he has three rings and has been to the finals how many times?? 

Cant be top 2 if he’s only won three times out of 8 appearances :huh:

Would you rather he be 1-0 or 2-0?? So losing in the finals is a blemish?? 

Out of the 8 times Lebron has been to the finals, he's been favoured twice I believe. 

It's ridiculous how much hate LBJ gets. You have people defending the KD move cause they hate Lebron so much lmao. 

Btw Jerry West went 1-8 in the finals and he's the NBA logo, also known as Mr Clutch.

All about narratives. 

Edited by Van40
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, lethunder said:

I don't understand this argument. So let's say he lebron only got to 3 finals and won all 3 but lost in the east finals 5 times would you say that's better? 

Because Jordan's Bulls couldn't make it out of the east more than a few times. 

10 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

How many times was he favoured to win those finals. The only real blemish is the no show he has against the Mavs. 

Jordan was getting swept in the first round until pippen came. Is losing in the first round better then losing in the finals. Obviously losing in the finals stings because you’re so close, but I’d rather be number 2 vs number 9-16. 

He choked. If you're a top 2 YOU CANNOT CHOKE IN THE BIGGEST STAGE OF THE GAME. FACTS.

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Would you rather he be 1-0 or 2-0?? So losing in the finals is a blemish?? 

Out of the 8 times Lebron has been to the finals, he's been favoured twice I believe. 

It's ridiculous how much hate LBJ gets. You have people defending the KD move cause they hate Lebron so much lmao. 

Btw Jerry West went 1-8 in the finals and he's the NBA logo, also known as Mr Clutch.

All about narratives. 

Jerry West "clutch" has to do with his shooting, not his rings. Plus if Lebron had games like Jerry  where he comes out cold and drops dagger after dagger, he would have 2 more titles. I would go back and watch his performances before bringing up :)

Lebron passes up on the moments. Jordan and Kobe never did, they took the moments and if you don't have Kobe in your top 5 list you can't have lebron there. 

1. Lebron doesnt have a goto move

2. Lebron cant close out games

3. Two - Three of the best shots of his finals career were made by other players. If he's top 2 he should've hit those shots and drained them

4. His defence is overrated  

He's marching through the east cuz its a weak conference but in the finals he gets his head knocked. 

I seriously don't care how good a player plays in the regular season if they can't get it done in June. You play in the NBA to win championships. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

He choked. If you're a top 2 YOU CANNOT CHOKE IN THE BIGGEST STAGE OF THE GAME. FACTS.

Jerry West "clutch" has to do with his shooting, not his rings. Plus if Lebron had games like Jerry  where he comes out cold and drops dagger after dagger, he would have 2 more titles. I would go back and watch his performances before bringing up :)

Lebron passes up on the moments. Jordan and Kobe never did, they took the moments and if you don't have Kobe in your top 5 list you can't have lebron there. 

3. Two - Three of the best shots of his finals career were made by other players. If he's top 2 he should've hit those shots and drained them

He's marching through the east cuz its a weak conference but in the finals he gets his head knocked. 

I seriously don't care how good a player plays in the regular season if they can't get it done in June. You play in the NBA to win championships. 

I mean why is Kobe in your top 5 when he was playing second fiddle to Shaq for 3 of his championships. Lebron has never had the luxury of having someone else on the team who can put up 30+ a game.

Based on your response it seems like you would have Horry higher then Jordan or Kobe since he has 7, or do you regard Bill Russell the GOAT because he has double digit championships. Lebron has been closing out games, its the average fan that doesn't realize his fg pct in crunch time in the playoffs is higher then Kobes. 

- He was the one hitting big shots when the Heat beat the celtics. 

- He was the one hitting big shots when the Heat beat the spurs in game 7. He was the one that led them to the comeback in game 6 with Jesus Shuttleworth hitting the 3 to tie the game.

- He was the one + Kyrie who was able to get them to game 7 against the warriors and ultimately win.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/11/8584749/lebron-james-michael-jordan-game-winning-shots Read that if you want more.

Lebron not being clutch is nonsense spewed out by the likes of Skip Bayless and its soaked up by all his haters.

Edited by Sikhguy23
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cookieeater55 said:

What have you been watching all year? Lebron's been the most clutch player in the league this year. Not even close. 

Lebron in the clutch usually tries to make the best play. If he gets doubled he passes to the open man. It is afterall a team game. 

Goto move? He can do it all. He doesn't rely on JUST midrange fadeaways. 

Paxson and Kerr have hit game winners for MJ. 

Ron Artest hit a game winner in game 7 for Kobe in the finals. 

For Ray Allen's shot to even matter in GAME 6 Lebron had to drop 16 points in the 4th quarter to bring the Heat back in the game. Yet he gets no credit. 

In the 3-1 comeback during the 16' finals LBJ dropped 41 in games 5+6 and had a triple double during game 7. Did you forget the BLOCK on Iggy? Lebron led in all 5 major categories for the series too (1st time ever).

As for defense, Lebron was pretty great up until 2015. Since then he's stopped playing defense to rest himself for the long playoff runs. 

7 straight years in the finals takes it toll. Warriors have only been to 3 straight and all their main guys have dealt with major injuries. It's crazy how Lebron has stayed healthy but everyone overlooks that part too. 

If Kobe was really that much of a killer why was he 6-16 against Lebron in his career. Lebron came into the league in 03 and Kobe was in his prime years, yet could barely beat Bron??? 

Kobe also shot 6-24 in game 7 of the finals. His career finals fg% is 42. He really elevated his play in the finals alright...

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

GOAT was “Wilt the Stilt” followed closely by Bill Russel.  Then comes MJ, Magic, Bird, and the Big O.  Then Kobe.  Lebron is definitely top 10 though. 

Wilt always lost to Bill though. Why is he rated higher the Russell?? 2-4 finals record. Can't put him #1 according to hater/clueless logic

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Van40 said:

So can we bet on this series since you sounded so confident in writing off Team Lebron!? 

After the Lebrons win you gotta change that USC pic to whatever I choose?

And if I lose, vice versa. 

No way. Reggie is part of my persona.

29 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

cavs winning big today. Expecting 40 plus from Lbj 

No one is stopping the warriors though, even without curry they are the favourite. Plus they will get him back, complete juggernauts.

LBJ gets all the calls going his way tonight, and for the rest of the series.  Watching him last game, he looked like a shell of his former greatness.  I say he shoots 20 plus free-throws tonight.  

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

LBJ gets all the calls going his way tonight, and for the rest of the series.  Watching him last game, he looked like a shell of his former greatness.  I say he shoots 20 plus free-throws tonight.  

The thing was Alf he was still getting his drives and in passing the ball out to his team for open shots . They shot terribly and that’s why they lost. I don’t see them shooting that poor again.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

He had 14 free throw attempts in game 1...

Cavs just have to hit 3s and play better defense. 

4 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

cavs winning big today. Expecting 40 plus from Lbj 

No one is stopping the warriors though, even without curry they are the favourite. Plus they will get him back, complete juggernauts.

16 straight points!! :goat: tings

Bron showing why he is one of the greatest ( if not the greatest). When he needs to score he does, when he needs to be a playmaker he is.

Man has never been regarded as a scorer in his career, yet he is the one breaking all the records, Kobe came out of high school too so don't give me that nonsense. 

ps. He just hit a clutch shot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Bron showing why he is one of the greatest ( if not the greatest). When he needs to score he does, when he needs to be a playmaker he is.

Man has never been regarded as a scorer in his career, yet he is the one breaking all the records, Kobe came out of high school too so don't give me that nonsense. 

ps. He just hit a clutch shot.

Lebron had a fantastic game. He will never ever be the scorer that Kobe was or as clutch a player as Kobe. He just simply won't. And for your point regarding Scoring records, Kobe had Shaq as the #1 option early in his career. Lebron has always been the go to guy. 

• Upvote 1