The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

On 11/29/2018 at 5:28 AM, Toews said:

Doncic is ridiculous and will make a whole bunch of GMs look like absolute fools. 

MVP Candidate as early as next year. Insane that he was playing in the 2nd best league in the world at 16 and was that league's MVP at 17. My roommate first year and a basketball guy that I trust, was on him being the best player in the draft for a while. Dude is sick.

21 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

So the team with the best record in the league got taken by the prohibitive favorites in the league, minus half its all-star roster, to the wire.  Wonder if we'd see a blowout if Steph and Draymond were in the game, but even with Klay and KD they're already pretty potent.

Hope we're not in for a yawner of a Finals, and that Toronto or Boston really brings it. 

Its 1 game, chill. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2018 at 2:12 AM, Phil_314 said:

So the team with the best record in the league got taken by the prohibitive favorites in the league, minus half its all-star roster, to the wire.  Wonder if we'd see a blowout if Steph and Draymond were in the game, but even with Klay and KD they're already pretty potent.

Hope we're not in for a yawner of a Finals, and that Toronto or Boston really brings it. 

Not a Raps or Warriors fan but if they had Steph and Dray back then that'd be a lot less shots for Durant who was unstoppable that night. 

25 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Lebron has had the longest prime in the history of sports, what is it now 10-12 years? Mans the GOAT 

42 points, 5 rebs, 6 assists, 2 steals, and running and jumping like a 26 year old 

But Lebron just signed in LA to do movies.

Lakers are 15-9 and sitting 5th in the tougher/stronger conference

But Lebron is old now and he's not that good. 

Lakers are on a 4 game win streak

But Lebron is taking the year off, he doesn't care about winning. 

The new angle I hear is how the Western Conference is weak now :lol:

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Missed tonight’s game. I see Kawhi didn’t play while the Warriors had their guys. Got s breakdown for the game?

Raps basically executed everything better than the Warriors did and outhustled them. Raps size and length gave GS fits. Curry got picked on defense. Raps worked him repeatedly and I guess it threw his offense off, only 10 points (3/12). Lowry and Green were awesome on both ends. 

• Thanks 1

Danny Green said after the game that they caught the Warriors on an off night, but the fact is, it's not "how", it's "how many". A win is a win and beating the Dubs on their turf, without Kawhi, is huge for the Raps, especially on the heels of disappointing losses to the Bucks and Nets.

That being said, Green has a point: Any time Klay goes 0-fer from behind the arc, you've gotten a bit lucky. (Still can't believe there was no foul call when Draymond hacked JV under the basket, though...:blink:)

If they can somehow come up similar performances in Portland and Denver, they'll be looking fantastic.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:43 PM, Van40 said:

42 points, 5 rebs, 6 assists, 2 steals, and running and jumping like a 26 year old 

But Lebron just signed in LA to do movies.

Lakers are 15-9 and sitting 5th in the tougher/stronger conference

But Lebron is old now and he's not that good. 

Lakers are on a 4 game win streak

But Lebron is taking the year off, he doesn't care about winning. 

The new angle I hear is how the Western Conference is weak now :lol:

Yeah all those haters who said he would never come over to the West, because he was afraid of G-State, OKC, and the Spurs, along with how deep the conference was, with the Rockets and Trailblazers and Pelicans and Clippers.

• Upvote 1

Also it's disgraceful how the NBA  doesn't include the Raptors in the Christmas day games ever... they are so scared  of the American tv audience not caring enough to watch.

They are a marquee team this year and deserve to be in there, especially now that they have a top 5 bonafide superstar in "The Claw" and have the best record currently in the NBA.

• Cheers 2

On 7/15/2018 at 1:19 AM, Toews said:

Parker thinks Lebron's goal in coming to LA is to try and be a 6'8 Kevin Hart. I think its fairly compelling, I mean why come to LA if you have championship aspirations. How long before Lavar is on CNN criticizing Lebron for not letting Lonzo get enough touches? It will be a circus that will generate ratings but won't result in any titles.

What do you guys think? Has Lebron given up and decided that chasing Michael B. Jordan is a more achievable target than the GOAT?

18-11, good for 4th in the West

And doing it without Rondo and Ingram. Just :goat: tings!

26 minutes ago, Van40 said:

18-11, good for 4th in the West

And doing it without Rondo and Ingram. Just :goat: tings!

Meh, not like Ingram was tearing it up either way. I still don't see a championship in this squad's future. Maybe if LeBron can recruit that second superstar but I think it will be difficult. In many ways KD is right, its hard for the egos of superstars to deal with all the media fluffing that LeBron gets. AD? KD? Kawhi? More like Kemba or Bradley Beal.

Basically they will be good but not great. Lebron will put up gaudy stats but there will be no hardware to follow. Meanwhile them boys in the Bay area will be stacking chip on top of chip. To the point where they can go...

PS: Forgot, Lebron should beat out Michael B. Jordan and win his first Oscar, so we can add that to his trophy case. :P

• Cheers 1

571641729_Failurecummunicate.gif.6b441b3f5700025107db5ca9bb5993ff.gif

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nba/grizzlies-gm-upset-with-trade-fiasco-im-not-happy-about-what-happened/ar-BBR0F0v?ocid=spartandhp

"

It took Memphis Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace less than a day to comment on his frustration with how Friday night's three-team trade debacle ended.

This Week's Circulars

"I don't carry grudges, but I'm not happy about what happened," Wallace said, according to Houston Chronicle's Jonathan Feigen.

The Grizzlies were prepared to ship Wayne Selden and MarShon Brooks to the Phoenix Suns in a deal that centered around forward Trevor Ariza heading to the Washington Wizards. Unfortunately, Phoenix thought it was receiving up-and-coming forward Dillon Brooks instead. Wallace was adamant that he had absolutely no interest in dealing the Canadian sophomore.

"We were very clear about who was in the trade," Wallace added. "Contrary to reports, it was not Dillon Brooks, which put us in a very difficult situation with our players. Individuals from one or both of those teams leaked the deal, while we were playing last night. That forced me to do something I've never done in 30-plus years working in this league for seven teams, which was to drag two players out of the locker room and tell them they have been traded and eventually have to come back in and tell them, 'no you haven't been traded.'"

The Wizards and Suns continued negotiations without the inclusion of a third team and agreed to swap Ariza for Austin Rivers and Kelly Oubre on Saturday. Despite being left out, Wallace remains certain the Grizzlies communicated Chronicle's.

"What happened last night was unfathomable," Wallace said. "I've never experienced this before. We were very clear with who was in this deal. Dillon Brooks never was intended to be a part of this. From our standpoint, we made it very clear it was not Dillon Brooks.

"We were very clear on what we communicated. We don't have any issues with how we conducted this. It was not our problem."

Dillon Brooks started 74 games for the Grizzlies last season, averaging 11 points and 3.1 rebounds in 82 appearances.

Murray, is a stud. I've been following him since high school and he's been solid on the Nuggets. Playing like a true PG. Jokic and him, have been killing it. I watched their game against OKC, and Jokic dominated. This guy can do it all, he's a great playmaker and can knock it down from deep. 

Also happy to see Stauskas doing well. Looks like he has found a home in Portland. He's been in their rotation from what I've seen. Love seeing the Canadian kids make it. Used to watch Stauskas shooting videos, kid has range.

Wiggins has been rather disappointing. Expected him to be a superstar. He puts up good numbers, but I saw way more potential in him. Not enough heart.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J-23 said:

Also wanted to say, an underrated player in the league right now is Lavine. His numbers are really &^@#ing good. If Chicago wasn't trash, he would get more recognition. Same goes for Kemba.

Lavine is entertaining but he puts up empty numbers. He may score 25 but he'll give up 30. He's perfect for tanking teams lol. 

Kemba is way better but it's sorta the same theme. Hard to build winning teams around small guards. Fun to watch though!

• Upvote 2