The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Warning...Rumour {Eklund} Fowler on the move to Boston?

The first guy moved on that blueline will likely be Vatanen. Can't see them moving Fowler under any scenario, huge piece for them back there.

yeah I agree, thought it was bizarre anaheim would do that and that eklund would be so specific about it.Boston looks pretty good after Hamilton signed huge money and is tanking in CGY but the young kids they drafted - boy did they go off the board - Barzal and Kyle Conner would have been sweet pick ups for them

ouch!!!

Sorry buddy! But Eklund rumours, especially when the rumour mill is quiet, dont add up much merit.

I mean, even if it wasm't Eklund, I'd still be skeptical because the Bruins dont have logic. Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if I woke up tomorrow to see Rask was traded for peanuts.

Sorry buddy! But Eklund rumours, especially when the rumour mill is quiet, dont add up much merit.

I mean, even if it wasm't Eklund, I'd still be skeptical because the Bruins dont have logic. Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if I woke up tomorrow to see Rask was traded for peanuts.

agree, but part of the reason I started this thread was that if JB and the aquilinis have their hearts set on retooling while staying competitive then Fowler would be the type of guy to go after. And the trade I proposed I think is reasonable but would appreciate what others think

agree, but part of the reason I started this thread was that if JB and the aquilinis have their hearts set on retooling while staying competitive then Fowler would be the type of guy to go after. And the trade I proposed I think is reasonable but would appreciate what others think

I'd be exstatic if we aquired Fowler, however I can't see a trade for him not involving one of our top prospects. Would you do it? I don't think Anaheim would want Hamhuis...

I'd be exstatic if we aquired Fowler, however I can't see a trade for him not involving one of our top prospects. Would you do it? I don't think Anaheim would want Hamhuis...

every team wants a top prospect but look at kesler, kessel, spezza - no top prospects exchanged in those trades. I think ANA has a lot of good young d men - vatanen, theadore, lindholm, despres, manson and that they were hoping bieksa would be their new beauchemin altyhough their NHL scouts clearly did not see him play enough last year. I think they would take Hamhuis - one year contract, gives them time to grow theadore. I think they need some complementary vets and I think Beartschi - if played with kess and slverberg would be a great fit for them. I think adding the first and getting ritchie makes the deal fair.

Kesler: we got McCann with the pick

Kessel: Kaspari Kapanen, Scott Harington, more picks which will be prospects

Spezza: Nick Paul, 2nd round pick

what are you talking about?

Unless we move our 1st rounder plus more, we are giving up one of our top prospects. They picked up Bieksa cause they needed a right hand shot.

Kesler: we got McCann with the pick

Kessel: Kaspari Kapanen, Scott Harington, more picks which will be prospects

Spezza: Nick Paul, 2nd round pick

what are you talking about?

Unless we move our 1st rounder plus more, we are giving up one of our top prospects. They picked up Bieksa cause they needed a right hand shot.

yeah I know who was involved in the trade, but these were not the teams top prospects, there like B+ prospects - I mean, we wont be looking at giving up a Horvat/Virtannen/Mccann/Hutton because you can get a trade done with B+ prospects and later 1st round picks (I imagine with fowler, we make the playoffs)

Archived