The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Bruins 4, Canucks nil

TheRussianRocket.

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

I enjoy anything that happens to the rat face... I wish he'd get done good and proper but nobody seems to be into that. He gets away with anything. Too bad it didn't do more damage to him, but can always hope for next time.

How about your self? Do you enjoy, this little ring kissing puke do, as he likes, because he always turtles out, when the bills has to be paid. What do you suggest. Take the high ground?

I suggest that Canucks fans not be taken for fools by Marchand any more . If all it takes for Canucks fans to be happy is for Marchand to pretend he is hurt, that is sad. In my opinion we should be outraged by his act last night, not in any way pleased by it. The guy plays us for fools time and time again and now Canucks fans are saying thanks Mr Marchand for acting hurt, it's the best we can hope for so thanks for givign us that.

1 minute ago, nom_de_plume said:

I agree.  This season is already in the toilet.  Waste the game in Boston by going after Marchand every shift he's on the ice.  Take whatever penalties, who cares.  Just take the dude out.  Play the whole game shorthanded, whatever it takes...

and do you think there is any chnace of that really happening? seriously?

1 hour ago, Buckeye Fruit said:

I have NO problem with Prust's actions. Not a classy move, but Marchand is not a classy guy and he routinely runs rampant over this team cheap shot wise. You know these 2 know each other well from all the heated games between the Habs and Bruins. Prust took a harmless little cheap shot to a cheap player. No big deal.  Its not like a head shot or knee on knee. I bet Marchand probably found it funny once the throbbing nard pain went away. 

How can you possibly have no problem with that? I mean, I dislike Marchand as much as the next guy, but in the nuts? Give me a break, that's too far

Here's how... Off the faceoff, Sbisa goes right after him and chases him down BOOM, a haymaker to the chin.  Sbisa in the box.

PK #1: Dorsett on the ice.  Faceoff, Marchand gets pummelled, doesn't see it coming.  Dorsett in the box.

PK 2: Prust on the ice.  Faceoff, Marchand gets pummelled, doesn't see it coming.  Prust in the box

Lather, rinse, repeat...

10 minutes ago, grumpworsley said:

So hitting someone with a "clean" big hit with intent to injure is better then a spear to the Balls?

A clean big hit is part of the game. A good body check isn't really intent to injure unless he's aiming for head or doing a knee on knee. It'll knock the wind out of him but that's about it.  Spearing is not part of the game.

2 minutes ago, Tech N9ne said:

How can you possibly have no problem with that? I mean, I dislike Marchand as much as the next guy, but in the nuts? Give me a break, that's too far

He's a rat and therefore has balls the size of a rat.  He likely felt nada

21 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Yes but just because a player is dirty, cheap,a cheat then why stoop to his level and take a cheap shot on him? How much more satisfying would it have been if Prust landed a clean, big hit on ratboy? Watching him stumble around on skates after a successful hit would've been better.

because Prust can't hit

2 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

I suggest that Canucks fans not be taken for fools by Marchand any more . If all it takes for Canucks fans to be happy is for Marchand to pretend he is hurt, that is sad. In my opinion we should be outraged by his act last night, not in any way pleased by it. The guy plays us for fools time and time again and now Canucks fans are saying thanks Mr Marchand for acting hurt, it's the best we can hope for so thanks for givign us that.

It was the fact that he got speared in the nuts that made me happy... Outraged??? When did we play Bruins without being outraged about rat faces antics? But its the same over and over again. So yes a lot of fans say thank you to anyone doing anything to Rat face... Would prefer him getting a pounding, but if you can't get what you want, you take what you can get... have waited since 2011 for someone make that POS pay but fat chance, so here we are celebrating a cheap shot.

Just now, Shaft said:

A clean big hit is part of the game. A good body check isn't really intent to injure unless he's aiming for head or doing a knee on knee. It'll knock the wind out of him but that's about it.  Spearing is not part of the game.

There are so many things that go on in the game today that "aren't part of the game" that are part of the game

1 hour ago, CanadianRugby said:

People are complaining about a nut shot?  Really?  It's men playing sports.  Guys punch each other in the balls, that's what guys do.  I have a feeling most of the whiners are keyboard warriors that haven't played a physical sport before. 

oh Rugby how many times you gonna play that "I played a tough sport card"?

We heard you last time and the time before, who cares you are as much an internet warrior as the rest of us.

We know it happens, we also know that the good players are the ones that get away with it while the bums get caught.

Kaletta and Gillies got caught and are out of the league.

You played rugby? Great, nobody runs around the field kicking guys in the nuts. It happens in scrums where everyone but the ref knows what happened.  If Prust was smarter than he is he could have taken his shot in a scrum and not got caught.  What he did is what I expected after last years playoff melt down, ( by Prust), cause the Canucks to be on the wrong side of the refs for another 1/2 decade.

21 minutes ago, spook007 said:

It was the fact that he got speared in the nuts that made me happy... Outraged??? When did we play Bruins without being outraged about rat faces antics? But its the same over and over again. So yes a lot of fans say thank you to anyone doing anything to Rat face... Would prefer him getting a pounding, but if you can't get what you want, you take what you can get... have waited since 2011 for someone make that POS pay but fat chance, so here we are celebrating a cheap shot.

"It was the fact that he got speared in the nuts that made me happy."

Let's make it clear, what you mean to say is: it is the fact that Marchand pretended to be speared in the nuts and be hurt that made me happy. A player that is truly speared in the nuts does not sit on the bench after it as if nothing had happened and then go and play the next shift. I am surprised that no one is furstrated that this guy has made Prust and the Canucks fall for his acting and look like fools once again.

"if you can't get what you want, you take what you can get."

and yes you got some good acting from Marchand. I suppose, yes, that's all you will get so might as well be happy with it. I understand.

2 hours ago, alfstonker said:

No apollo, Gillis wasted the Sedin peak years. Gillis sat on his hands and threw crap at a SC finalist when what he should have been throwing was quality. It wasn't just the Sedin golden years he wasted either. All the way up to AV and Lu.

They were the winningest team in the nhl for the better part of 4 years dude... 

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Hey Homer - I don't see why you're blaming the coach for youth in the lineup - that's what virtually everyone wanted - and with a handful of injuries, inevitable regardless.

If guys like Miller, Vrbata, Prust were performing, perhaps you'd have a case - but regardless, suggesting that the youth play like garbage is nonsense imo - they're doing what they can under the circumstances and are in a bit over their head - as the vast majority around here, ironically, wanted it.

If you're looking to lay blame, look no further than your buddy Ryan Milller - the team was rolling along at a decent clip until he introduced the first crack in the room, chirping Sedin publicly.   Perhaps just a coincidence, but the team has lacked cohesion since - and ironically, Miller himself has sucked since that point....

Unfortunately with Jones playing well in San Jose there's probably no market to dump him on.

Maybe with Gibson seizing the starting role in Anaheim we could dump him there for one of there current backups if they want another me-first ex-Canuck to provide some veteran depth in the crease.

Prust to Arizona for Chipchura.

Those two things would make me happy.   I'm not in the tank crowd but I'm always game for a move or two.   That's where I'd start.

Arg, I'm just so choked. Woke up in a bad mood and had to blame someone hahaha 

You're right but regardless, there's too many rookies in at once. The vets other than the twins have been garbage too.

Miller hasn't been good but it's the teams garbage play that's causing us loses. How many games are we going to shoot 15 times only? 

Also when did he chirp the sedins? I must have been snoozing for that. 

Not surprised tho, he sometimes loses his cool in interviews. 

Archived