The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Bruins 4, Canucks nil

TheRussianRocket.

5 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

To those of you who have taken the so called high road against Prust's action vs Marchand, I think that you miss the real point that was the application of the spear. It was not a play, and therefore not a 'dirty play'. Get your head out of the high horse's ass!

It was not to inflict injury, and I don't believe that it did, it was to make a statement. The kind of statement (not necessarily spearing) that has been disappearing from the League as player policing is systematically removed to be replaced by ineffective officiating, only to satisfy the US market and dollar.

Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred an on ice rhinoplasty to have been performed on that rat, but his type will never man up for their actions. Prust's statement would never have had to be made against a Toews or a Hossa for example.
In the context of the sport, the rat's history, his antics, and coupled with the fact that he will never man up, I find Prust's deliberate statement (yes, where it was placed) to be both understandable and justified. I'd sooner have Prust as a teammate than Marchand.

This isn't minor hockey, so as you laud each other with rep points while upon your high horse, maybe you would be better suited to another sport, like lawn tennis, because you don't truly understand hockey as played by men and teammates.

Jeez maybe you're right because for the life of me I can't see exactly what terrible thing Marchand did in this game to deserve getting speared in the groolies. Was it because he scored a beautiful goal that ended up being a game winner? Maybe it's because he's something like 7th in league scoring despite being one of the least popular players in hockey?

13 hours ago, HK Phooey said:

So riddle me this one...why is it the Canucks are among the tops in the league in PP chances? 

This is too easy.  It is because the Canucks are not a good team anymore and not a threat to steal cups from the American market.

The mask came off the charade immediately after the Rome hit when the Bruins gave up hope and started hacking and wacking the Canucks  at will and found out....  NO PENALTIES!  And not only that, they were cheered on by the good old Canadian media.

That was a turning point. The league never did go back to the no touchy rules that aided the Canucks that year.

5 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

This is too easy.  It is because the Canucks are not a good team anymore and not a threat to steal cups from the American market.

The mask came off the charade immediately after the Rome hit when the Bruins gave up hope and started hacking and wacking the Canucks  at will and found out....  NO PENALTIES!  And not only that, they were cheered on by the good old Canadian media.

That was a turning point. The league never did go back to the no touchy rules that aided the Canucks that year.

So according to this guy^^^^, tops in the league in PP chances for the Canucks means there are no penalties called against the other team.  Try again...we'll give you a mulligan.

56 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

So according to this guy^^^^, tops in the league in PP chances for the Canucks means there are no penalties called against the other team.  Try again...we'll give you a mulligan.

No, it means refs give the Canucks plenty of chances because they are usually losing, can't score, and wont win regardless...lol. It is called game management. 

17 hours ago, apollo said:

They were the winningest team in the nhl for the better part of 4 years dude... 

We all know "winning" means jack in this league. 

What matters is getting a team together that WINS in the playoffs. Any team has to win a set number of games in the league in order to qualify for the playoffs but that is only the means to buy a ticket and open the door.

We needed that big physical D and we needed that big gritty sniping 2nd/1st line winger and you know what, we are still waiting. 

I do suspect this though. If JB had been the GM in 2011 we would not have had to wait on these players and a Cup would surely have followed.

For years CDC virtually with one voice echoed the above, the whole City realised it, everyone except Gillis.

7 hours ago, cabinessence said:

I would wager there will be a lot of hype about the next game in Boston. Will the Canucks and Marchand come to blows? Nah, like usual, the league will have a word, then nothing will happen. Another bully will get away with kicking sand in the Canucks face and laugh on about it.

Whahhhhhh!

really.

people need to get over 2011....you know, nearly five frikken years ago?.

....and Marchand. It's not like the guy is in our division.  If the Canucks can't deal with a guy like Marchand and "we" are waiting for the league to take care of our problems, then this team truly, is weak.

our leadership core has chosen to take the "high road" (translation: do nothing) on players like Marchand.  It's a culture that needs to change.  It's pretty obvious no real success has come as result of the method to date.

23 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Well.... he IS a foundational player of sorts.  He's a cementhead!  I mean... why spear Marchand when the game is way out of hand?  Why not set the tone early and give Marchand the aforementioned 'beatdown'?  That would've also fired up the crowd.  Now he'll get suspended and make the lineup thinner than it already is!

There's no way Marchand would drop the gloves with Prust, so the "beat down" is a non-starter. And you don't do something like that early, because a 5 minute major is a good way to dig a hole that your team can't get out of.

When the game is out of reach (one way or another) is the ideal time to send a message.

21 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Ok but why did he not just grab him and pummel the cr-p out of him. The punishment would have been no worse and at least it would have taught him a lesson - no more ring cr-p.

I doubt that Prust gave it a lot of thought beforehand. I'd say he likely saw the Rat skating by and instinct took over....

12 hours ago, thema said:

Jeez maybe you're right because for the life of me I can't see exactly what terrible thing Marchand did in this game to deserve getting speared in the groolies. Was it because he scored a beautiful goal that ended up being a game winner? Maybe it's because he's something like 7th in league scoring despite being one of the least popular players in hockey?

It doesn't surprise me that you can't figure it out, so here's a little help:

It has little to do with that game in particular. It's an entire career of cheap shots, including the punching of Daniel in the Cup finals, the submarining of Salo and pretending to kiss the ring....twice in consecutive visits to Vancity and who knows what in the multiple Habs-Bruins matchups that the two have been part of.

I'm chuckling a bit at all of the Mahatma's on CDC lately. Maybe Rugby was right and you should all start watching tennis instead of hockey. Oh, and Shadowgoon? Change the username dude. The word "goon" doesn't fit. Maybe try Shadowgandhi....

More dump and chase hockey! Apart from the Sedin line it would seem that the other lines are all being coached to dump and fore check which in most cases turns out to be dump and retreat. Boston's D was playing deep in their own zone and were all over the puck most times on the dump. Outlet tip and dump outlet tip and dump ....argggggg. It has to be discouraging for the players to have possession only to give it away once they reach the blue line

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It has little to do with that game in particular. It's an entire career of cheap shots, including the punching of Daniel in the Cup finals, the submarining of Salo and pretending to kiss the ring....twice in consecutive visits to Vancity and who knows what in the multiple Habs-Bruins matchups that the two have been part of.

You prove a point that I'm making on another thread. We are the easiest team in the world to troll. We are so busy worrying about stuff that happened 5 years ago that we can't focus on the present. Until we can prioritize the present over the past we will be easy to beat. In the dying moments of a blowout we are so busy getting "revenge" for past events that we can't prepare for the future. Until we change this philosophy we will be perennial losers IMHO. P.S. Prust had better keep his nose clean from here on out; any future bad behavior will almost certainly be rewarded with a goodly suspension.

Marchand this and Marchand that... the guy is the ultimate troll/rat to any Canucks fan.

The fact we'd even bother considering to stoop to his level to retaliate, is only really a victory for him and his ability to get under the skin of every Canuck fan.

Want to piss him off? How about we outplay and beat these guys, like we know we can.

He can't mock half as well after a loss.

Marchand needs to start losing like the loser he is, and the Canucks should do their part to make it happen, since it's what fans want to see.

9 minutes ago, Mcfly said:

Marchand this and Marchand that... the guy is the ultimate troll/rat to any Canucks fan.

The fact we'd even bother considering to stoop to his level to retaliate, is only really a victory for him and his ability to get under the skin of every Canuck fan.

Want to piss him off? How about we outplay and beat these guys, like we know we can.

He can't mock half as well after a loss.

Marchand needs to start losing like the loser he is, and the Canucks should do their part to make it happen, since it's what fans want to see.

Meh. We play him twice a year.

If taking one in the nards is a "victory" for him, I'll hope for the season sweep every year.

On 12/7/2015, 6:53:56, RUPERTKBD said:

There's no way Marchand would drop the gloves with Prust, so the "beat down" is a non-starter. And you don't do something like that early, because a 5 minute major is a good way to dig a hole that your team can't get out of.

When the game is out of reach (one way or another) is the ideal time to send a message.

I still think it would've been more effective for Prust to confront Marchard earlier in the game.  By 'early' I don't necessarily mean at the start of the game.  But when it looked like the team as a whole was going to sleepwalk through this game, he could've lit a fire to the team and the crowd by goading Marchard into a fight... even if he wouldn't drop the gloves.  By then it wouldn't matter if he took a 5 min major because the returns would've been greater.  Plus there's the fact that Prust took some heat for being too passive against Anaheim when the Ducks were taking liberties with our young players.  I thought he would've tried to set the tone earlier in this game.

Archived