The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hamhuis out with a facial fracture, will undergo surgery tomorrow.

Coconuts

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

Corrado would have played by now with all of our injuries on D. You're assuming that because Toronto hasn't played him that we wouldn't have. Not only that, but had we assigned Hutton to Utica instead of waiving Corrado, Hutton would also have been called up by now. Management caved in to fan and media pressure and now we are paying the price.

Without Sutter and Hamhuis we may have a tough go on the extended road trip. Our lack of depth is starting to show.

Nope. 

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Yup.

As I already started earlier in the thread, Weber and Biega would have played before him on the right. Pedan on the left. If injuries got to the point of him playing after that (worse than now fyi)...one, it wouldn't matter who was playing as we'd be decimated. Two, Benning would probably make a trade or sign a depth guy playing in Europe etc as fill in. 

Corrado doesn't particularly matter. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

As I already started earlier in the thread, Weber and Biega would have played before him on the right. Pedan on the left. If injuries got to the point of him playing after that (worse than now fyi)...one, it wouldn't matter who was playing as we'd be decimated. Two, Benning would probably make a trade or sign a depth guy playing in Europe etc as fill in. 

Corrado doesn't particularly matter. Sorry. 

You stating it doesn't automatically make it true. With all the players called up and sent down, Corrado definitely would have been given a look. Assuming that Benning would have traded assets rather than play Corrado really shows your bias.

Obviously, now that Benning lost him on the waiver wire, he no longer matters to us. Unless Benning is a bald-faced liar, he truly hoped Corrado would slip through waivers. That means he saw value in him whether you do or not..

Depth means developing a pool of competent players that will push each other, compete for positions, and create an environment where players can develop. It also means having a reservoir of talent to draw on for times like these. This isn't about Corrado, it's about giving away a young dman for nothing when he could be pushing for a position and improving the teams pool of talent to allow for trades, injuries and yes, even playoff runs.

37 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

You stating it doesn't automatically make it true. With all the players called up and sent down, Corrado definitely would have been given a look. Assuming that Benning would have traded assets rather than play Corrado really shows your bias.

Obviously, now that Benning lost him on the waiver wire, he no longer matters to us. Unless Benning is a bald-faced liar, he truly hoped Corrado would slip through waivers. That means he saw value in him whether you do or not..

It's not a matter of not having value, it's that he's so replaceable and his development stalled. 

Big fat meh. 

17 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

2 months without a top-4 defenceman. We only really had 3 in the lineup anyway, now we're down to 2 in Edler and Tanev. Sbisa is going to have to really step up when he comes back, as is Bartkowski, and I suppose Biega and Pedan are going to get some full-time minutes.

If this isn't a stern enough sign I don't know what is - Benning HAS to trade for a top-4 defenceman now, and now he has to do it without trading Hamhuis.

What do you propose we give up right now to acquire a top-4 defence man...?

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

It's not a matter of not having value, it's that he's so replaceable and his development stalled. 

Big fat meh. 

Your obvious bias aside, it is a matter of him having value. We lost a possible depth d-man for no return. We have a history of going through many d-men every season. Having NHL ready d-men in the system is a positive benefit for inevitable injuries. Losing them for nothing is not.

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

IfYour obvious bias aside, it is a matter of him having value. We lost a possible depth d-man for no return. We have a history of going through many d-men every season. Having NHL ready d-men in the system is a positive benefit for inevitable injuries. Losing them for nothing is not.

If FC did clear waivers and was in Utica, would he even be called up now?  Lynden Vey has not been recalled.  I don't see Frankie getting the call either, even with the injuries.  He's been passed by Biega, Pedan, and Fedun on the call up list.  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If FC did clear waivers and was in Utica, would he even be called up now?  Lynden Vey has not been recalled.  I don't see Frankie getting the call either, even with the injuries.  He's been passed by Biega, Pedan, and Fedun on the call up list.  

That part doesn't even make sense. We have no idea how he would have performed in Utica. Assuming he would have performed badly is merely projection based on your viewpoint. I won't go so far as to assume that he would have done better. The fact is that we don't know.

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

That part doesn't even make sense. We have no idea how he would have performed in Utica. Assuming he would have performed badly is merely projection based on your viewpoint. I won't go so far as to assume that he would have done better. The fact is that we don't know.

Yes we do know.  If wasn't passed by those guys, and most likely others too, he would not have been put on waivers.  JB knew he would get claimed, and was okay with losing him.  

3 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Without Sutter and Hamhuis we may have a tough go on the extended road trip. Our lack of depth is starting to show.

This is the understatement of the season. I'm betting we win one game on this upcoming trip. Hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yes we do know.  If wasn't passed by those guys, and most likely others too, he would not have been put on waivers.  JB knew he would get claimed, and was okay with losing him.  

Benning admitted to thinking that he would clear. The reason the others were sent down ahead of Corrado isn't only because they were waiver exempt. I believe that Biega actually cleared waivers. Your reasoning is flawed.

15 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Benning admitted to thinking that he would clear. The reason the others were sent down ahead of Corrado isn't only because they were waiver exempt. I believe that Biega actually cleared waivers. Your reasoning is flawed.

JB says things publicly, because his GM job is a political position too.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB says things publicly, because his GM job is a political position too.

So therefore your assumptions have more merit than Benning's multiple public statements to the contrary? I think your credibility is far less than Benning's. I will take Benning's word over yours every time.

19 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

So therefore your assumptions have more merit than Benning's multiple public statements to the contrary? I think your credibility is far less than Benning's. I will take Benning's word over yours every time.

I can't disagree with that at all.  I'm posting in a hockey chat room, and JB is managing an NHL hockey team.  I will point out that he is more than simply responsible for the roster.  He is also answering to the owner about revenues.  I think the guy seems like an honest fellow too.  However, I do accept he may spin the truth, or omit information to appease ownership.  

On 12/12/2015 at 2:50 PM, RWMc1 said:

Your obvious bias aside, it is a matter of him having value. We lost a possible depth d-man for no return. We have a history of going through many d-men every season. Having NHL ready d-men in the system is a positive benefit for inevitable injuries. Losing them for nothing is not.

If anybody is being biased, it's you. Being all butthurt about a guy that's about 9th/10 D quality at best. Call me coldly analytical about it sure but definitely not biased lol. 

He's imminently replaceable. Guys like him are available on waivers, via trade for a song or playing in Europe if you want them.

Nobody in Canucks management is losing sleep over Corrado. Neither should you. 

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

If anybody is being biased, it's you. Being all butthurt about a guy that's about 9th/10 D quality at best. Call me coldly analytical about it sure but definitely not biased lol. 

He's imminently replaceable. Guys like him are available on waivers, via trade for a song or playing in Europe if you want them.

Nobody in Canucks management is losing sleep over Corrado. Neither should you. 

You're the one who seems fixated on Corrado. You keep thinking that just saying things makes them true.

Benning has said that he thought he could sneak him through waivers. If he was just dumping him, why is there another thread in Canucks talk where Benning admits to be watching Corrado and hoping we can get him back? That's totally contrary to your little viewpoint.

On ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12 at 2:56 PM, Alflives said:

Fedun and Biega are both 27 and career AHLers. They're both decent defenseman but at 22 Id say Corrado has a higher  ceiling.

Archived