The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hamhuis out with a facial fracture, will undergo surgery tomorrow.

Coconuts

15 hours ago, VenitoHammer said:

The paycut he took or as you said (room) to play here wasn't enough.  Have you seen the Dan Hamhuis of the last 2.5 years play...   I wish him all the best,  and horrible to see happen to anyone.  That turn over tho.... hahahahaha  

Grow up

When someone breaks their jaw there is NOTHING funny about the situation. How about if U were jogging down the street & trip, fall & crack your head open & in a coma. Would U be alright with us posting how funny U looked tripping over your own 2 feet falling face 1st.  Your ina coma but dang was that funny the way he tripped himself into a coma....???

2 hours ago, VenitoHammer said:

And I wouldn't cry about your opinion like half of cdc seems to about certain comments.  Try reading my original post again and tell me where I thought the puck to the face was a laughing matter...  I stated I laughed at the turn over 

You've probably been laughed at your whole life for being a half wit. do us all a favor and go post your comments somewhere else. If you call yourself a Canucks fan, that's the real joke, laugh at that.

Wow.  The lack of compassion and morale integrity of some people on these message boards is astounding.  You want to talk about his giveaway then go right ahead but to go into an injury thread to do it is just a lack of human compassion.  There are plenty of threads to talk about it but to choose this specific one to rag on how he's played lately makes me embarrassed that we actually have something in common which is the Canucks. 

His family must have been so scared.  Hopefully he recovers and get's well soon.

He isn't brutal he is completely on ball... the timing is terrible... and resign an aging dman who brings no offensive upside,  no physical presence,  gets walked around all the time now and coughs up constantly...  yea,  smart man..   True fans... lol,  arent you the same guy who was just throwing out threats to throw down with someone at a game cuz you guys disagreed on something on cdc... lol winning.

Guy challenged me to say what I said  to his face, I got no problem doing that, and would have no problem doing it to you if you challenged me to back up what I say to you. That's the difference between me and you, you hide behind a keyboard and talk tough, I'll back up my words. Classic comparison of a man vs a kitty.

The way he slid down to block really tugged at my heartstrings. As a guy who values defense highly and often plays as a defenseman, when I make a mistake, nothing else matters than making amends for that mistake, no matter the cost. Hammer knew the block might hurt and ended up paying with a huge sacrifice to save his team from the effects of his mistake. Bad mistake, but a hugely valiant block. What a warrior.

Get well soon, Hammer.

When Burrows broke his jaw a couple of years ago, he wasn't right for the rest of the season.  While injured, there were issues with eating and retaining weight and strength.  And then afterwards there were balance and vision issues because he had difficulty seeing the puck through the protective gear when it was at his feet.  So, I think that it's safe to say that for the remainder of the season Hammer won't be himself if he comes back at all.   It's a pretty rare injury and I'm not sure there is a recent one like it to give us a good timeline for recovery.  After this, he may decide to retire.  I wouldn't blame him.

I don't think that it has been said yet but it looked to me like Hamhuis' fracture is the upper mandible and not the jaw.  Contact looked like it was next to his nose.  Teeth (more than one) were lost.  They will have to be very careful to guard against infection.

I think that we need to be more concerned about his long term health. 

3 hours ago, hearditall said:

Grow up U heartless puke...

When someone breaks their jaw there is NOTHING funny about the situation. How about if U were jogging down the street & trip, fall & crack your head open & in a coma. Would U be alright with us posting how funny U looked tripping over your own 2 feet falling face 1st.  Your ina coma but dang was that funny the way he tripped himself into a coma....???

Heartless puke.... wow.  

Never said it was funny when he got hit by the shot and broke his jaw.  And that's quite a different situation someone being in a coma after a brain injury,  but the way he turned he made that turnover did look funny and there is nothing wrong or heartless about pointing that out.  I would be totally on your side IF myself or someone was saying "hahaha did you see him get hit in the face lol"  But again,  that was never my point,  I never made light of that at all

5 hours ago, VenitoHammer said:

Played all my life,  and still hit the ice,  taken a few pucks in the face,  and yea it is terrible (thank god no NHL equivalent shots) But saying I laughed hysterically at the cough up is disrespectful or disgusting how....  where did I say I laughed at the shot to the face genius...   

It's about your timing and placement.  Go to the bloody PGT as appropriate.  This is something different (and NOT about you).

And the fact that you're pushing it and haven't clued in yet?  I may have to help soon....

3 hours ago, RunningWild said:

Get better Hammertime, hopefully you're feeling some relief before Santa comes.

Luckily we have Corrado and Clendenning ..... big relief....

Thanks I felt a slight sniffle this morning.

Jokes aside this looked really serious I just hope he makes a full recovery even if he never plays hockey again. It's not a broken lower jaw its upper which is much more severe and I would be very surprised if he doesn't have a bad concussion.

I wish you and your family all the best Dan. 

6 hours ago, VenitoHammer said:

Played all my life,  and still hit the ice,  taken a few pucks in the face,  and yea it is terrible (thank god no NHL equivalent shots) But saying I laughed hysterically at the cough up is disrespectful or disgusting how....  where did I say I laughed at the shot to the face genius...   

Genius....a perfect word to describe your posts on this thread. You do not appear to be a troll, just incredibly stupid. 

Disrespectful - DH has done a huge amount for the community and the club in his prime. Laughing at a play which is going to end his season when he has done so much for the Canucks is disrespectful. That is the thing about paying your dues, you earn respect  

Disgusting - you do not ever laugh at a situation like this. 

I'm laughing at how you are still trying to argue with everyone in here, the writing is on the wall buddy. 

Heartless puke.... wow.  

Never said it was funny when he got hit by the shot and broke his jaw.  And that's quite a different situation someone being in a coma after a brain injury,  but the way he turned he made that turnover did look funny and there is nothing wrong or heartless about pointing that out.  I would be totally on your side IF myself or someone was saying "hahaha did you see him get hit in the face lol"  But again,  that was never my point,  I never made light of that at all

When a serious injury occurs then there is no light or anything funny about it any more. The same as someone in a coma or a broken jaw. Both serious injuries. Only a laughing matter if your truly sadistic...

Just to let U know, when a true fan of the team sees a player make a mistake your reaction isn't LOL or HA HA HA HA HA or say it was FUNNY (like a delinquent child). A true fan no matter if they're in a suite & tie or jeans, says something along the terms of "oh @#*t" or "oh @#*k".  never  lol/hahahaha......Good night, school in the morning.

If u can't understand that then u have no hope....

Archived