The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of December/January (28-01) 2015/2016

6 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Marchand up to his dirty antics again. WWE style low bridge on sens player Bietzky who didnt have the puck. Seriously could've been more hurt.

Should have been a 5 minute major for clipping.

But of course the refs conveniently "missed" it. Never seen refs more afraid to make calls than when they ref in Boston. It's pretty sad.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Should have been a 5 minute major for clipping.

But of course the refs conveniently "missed" it. Never seen refs more afraid to make calls than when they ref in Boston. It's pretty sad.

Yup. At the very least an interference call. It wasn't far off from what he did to Salo in the playoffs which got him 5 games I believe. That's why Boston is so hated. The thing's they get away with.

These Panthers are the real deal. This is how you rebuild - none of this rebuilding on the fly nonesense.

Suck for 2 or 3 years, get top picks but more importantly - build the best young core you can with them. They have arguably the single best young defenceman in the world in Ekblad, and one very good strong top line center in Barkov. #1 and #2 picks to go with a few other high picks. The Panthers complement the young guys with some of the best veterans in the NHL in Jagr and Mitchell and what do you get - perfect mentors for perfect young kids. They'll be a contender for a few years now provided they can fill those veteran holes with UFAs when they retire.

The Canucks should really consider going down that route, but unfortunately our veterans are useless now (Higgins, Burrows) and our young guys are nowhere near as talented/high picks as those guys. We're smack bang in the worst time period of everyone's primes.

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

These Panthers are the real deal. This is how you rebuild - none of this rebuilding on the fly nonesense.

Suck for 2 or 3 years, get top picks but more importantly - build the best young core you can with them. They have arguably the single best young defenceman in the world in Ekblad, and one very good strong top line center in Barkov. #1 and #2 picks to go with a few other high picks. The Panthers complement the young guys with some of the best veterans in the NHL in Jagr and Mitchell and what do you get - perfect mentors for perfect young kids. They'll be a contender for a few years now provided they can fill those veteran holes with UFAs when they retire.

The Canucks should really consider going down that route, but unfortunately our veterans are useless now (Higgins, Burrows) and our young guys are nowhere near as talented/high picks as those guys. We're smack bang in the worst time period of everyone's primes.

Oh I agree 110%  We need to draft top three, and get ELITE offencive talent.  What do you think of Pulviarvi and Laine?  How awesome would it be to get lucky (and creative too) and get both?

I see Eddie Lack had a big game against Washington tonight.

Flames and Oilers lose, well I guess bit by bit, order is being restored to the Pacific. The Cali teams are starting to float to the top and the Canadian ones are filtering to the bottom.

10 hours ago, Mustapha said:

I see Eddie Lack had a big game against Washington tonight.

Flames and Oilers lose, well I guess bit by bit, order is being restored to the Pacific. The Cali teams are starting to float to the top and the Canadian ones are filtering to the bottom.

GREAT TO SEE EDDIE DOING WELL!!! :rolleyes:

With goalie Eddie Lack battling hard in net, especially in the final minutes with the Caps pressing

Alex Ovechkin, The relentless winger scored his 21st of the season late in the game, pulling the Caps within 3-2, and nearly scored again a few minutes later, forcing Lack into a tough save, the puck hitting the goalie in the chest.

Lack had 35 saves Sunday in a 2-1 road win over the Chicago Blackhawks, and the Swede backed it up Thursday by beating the Caps.

“It was important for me to get that first home win,” Lack said. “It’s been a while and I’ve been battling for it. My dad is in town, and it was fun getting it in front of him, too. Now, we’re going to celebrate the New Year.”

CANESWASH17-SP-123115-CCS

Archived