The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music in 2017

GLASSJAW

impatiently waiting for a few releases. Slowdive, The Black Lips, Fleet Foxes, Woods, Kevin Morby are all on my radar

curious about new Kendrick, Gorillaz, Willie Nelson, Feist, etc. but I just can't imagine loving any of them at this point

17 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

impatiently waiting for a few releases. Slowdive, The Black Lips, Fleet Foxes, Woods, Kevin Morby are all on my radar

curious about new Kendrick, Gorillaz, Willie Nelson, Feist, etc. but I just can't imagine loving any of them at this point

The Slowdive singles have been sooo good. Can't wait for that album.

What I'm most excited for right now is the new Grizzly Bear. I'm pretty sure they're close to being done and I just have a feeling it's gonna be something amazing.

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

The Slowdive singles have been sooo good. Can't wait for that album.

What I'm most excited for right now is the new Grizzly Bear. I'm pretty sure they're close to being done and I just have a feeling it's gonna be something amazing.

yeah, they're definitely on a hot streak. I really loved Shields, Veckatemest (sp?) and Yellow House

I'm just sorta nervous they are gonna change directions on this album though. I hope they don't pull a Bon Iver or something

18 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

yeah, they're definitely on a hot streak. I really loved Shields, Veckatemest (sp?) and Yellow House

I'm just sorta nervous they are gonna change directions on this album though. I hope they don't pull a Bon Iver or something

Hey I liked 22, a million so you can get out. :P

But yeah, it probably will be a bit experimental so we'll see what happens. 

22 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Feist is a guilty pleasure of mine. I've really enjoyed just about everything she's ever released.

recently The War on Drugs changed a bunch of images in their social media/webpage stuff, so I was really hoping they have a new album lined up. But it may just be a new single being released on record store day.

either way, I re-discovered that band this year. can't believe how good they are -- Slave Ambient and Wagonwheel Blues are near perfect to me. Lost in the Dream is great too, but just drags a little for my taste. great band either way.

6 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

recently The War on Drugs changed a bunch of images in their social media/webpage stuff, so I was really hoping they have a new album lined up. But it may just be a new single being released on record store day.

either way, I re-discovered that band this year. can't believe how good they are -- Slave Ambient and Wagonwheel Blues are near perfect to me. Lost in the Dream is great too, but just drags a little for my taste. great band either way.

Was at a friends place and this fella owns a really nice full sized home stereo.

ran through LITD at high volume and wow - quite the enjoyable experience.  An album I regularly go to from start to finish since it's release.

On 2017-04-10 at 3:49 PM, GLASSJAW said:

17 hours ago, D-Money said:

Feist is a guilty pleasure of mine. I've really enjoyed just about everything she's ever released.

Sorry guys.

but,

Feist?

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Ha ha ha

maybe I'm confusing feist with dido.

feido.

feist is only a slightly cooler version of dido. not really a big fan, myself, but she often works with a lot of good/interesting musicians, and she's been gone for like 8 years, so i'm curious about what she's going to come out with. not expecting to enjoy it all that much, as her new single was super boring to me. but after being gone that long, i'm still kinda curious

Just now, GLASSJAW said:

feist is only a slightly cooler version of dido. not really a big fan, myself, but she often works with a lot of good/interesting musicians, and she's been gone for like 8 years, so i'm curious about what she's going to come out with. not expecting to enjoy it all that much, as her new single was super boring to me. but after being gone that long, i'm still kinda curious

Agreed that collaborative efforts can be interesting.

18 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

morrissey sick again. cancelling tour/shows. morbid exaggeration: i wonder if his cancer has returned? would be a devastating loss to a lot of fans, even if he hasn't released good music in forver

Morrissey in a coma. I know, I know. it's serrrrriouuuuss.

Archived