The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Pit

48 minutes ago, Nessnuck27 said:

Pittsburgh is reportedly looking for a top 4 defensman and a depth forward.. so here is my proposal.

Pittsburgh gets:

Hamhuis, Prust (both 50% retained)

Vancouver gets:

Pouliot, Dumoulin, 2nd 2016 

Luongo says no

18 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Luongo says no

you can retain 3 players salaries  not one so your wrong. id rather retain half of vrbatas contract and hamhuis because they expire this yr. Then they can retain half  of burrows and higgins contract before the draft and possibly get   few draft picks for them.

Leaves us with a ton of underachieving vets that are gone so the youngsters actually have more spots and gives us a ton of cap space to buy some decent dmen at free agency

Just now, canuktravella said:

you can retain 3 players salaries  not one so your wrong. id rather retain half of vrbatas contract and hamhuis because they expire this yr. Then they can retain half  of burrows and higgins contract before the draft and possibly get   few draft picks for them.

Leaves us with a ton of underachieving vets that are gone so the youngsters actually have more spots and gives us a ton of cap space to buy some decent dmen at free agency

You can retain two. 

13 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

You can retain two. 

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-retained-salary-trades/

you can retain 3 salaries until the contract is finished.

so luongo until 2021 counts as one

then  hamhuis and vrbata  until the end of this season counts as 3.

next yr we can either trade higgins and burrows retaining 1.25 on higs and 2.25 on burrows  trade em for picks or we could buy them out    where higgins cap hit for next two yrs would be about 825 k burrows would be 1.48 mill for two yrs.

5 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-retained-salary-trades/

you can retain 3 salaries until the contract is finished.

so luongo until 2021 counts as one

then  hamhuis and vrbata  until the end of this season counts as 3.

next yr we can either trade higgins and burrows retaining 1.25 on higs and 2.25 on burrows  trade em for picks or we could buy them out    where higgins cap hit for next two yrs would be about 825 k burrows would be 1.48 mill for two yrs.

Weird. I swear it was 2. 

2 hours ago, Nessnuck27 said:

Pittsburgh is reportedly looking for a top 4 defensman and a depth forward.. so here is my proposal.

Pittsburgh gets:

Vancouver gets:

Pit says no to that as they lose in the end I believe.

However, I like where you're going in the sense that I've been supportive of acquiring an asset like Pouliot for a LONG time now.  With Pit struggling along right now Rutherford might (might) be swayed into giving up Pouliot.  Problem is, Hammer is injured and they'd likely want a better contributor than Prust in the form of Hansen who, also unfortunately, just got himself on IR as well.

I'd still like to know how JB convinces Hammer to waive his NTC since it's common knowledge he took a hometown discount to play here and absolutely loves being in this community.  Calm down Smithers, we all know he's from there but you know what I mean. 

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

I'd still like to know how JB convinces Hammer to waive his NTC since it's common knowledge he took a hometown discount to play here and absolutely loves being in this community.  Calm down Smithers, we all know he's from there but you know what I mean. 

To my knowledge, through dozens of "trade Hammer for....." proposals, no one ever gives any motivating factors as to why Hammer would waive to go to another team.

About the only thing I can see that would motivate Hammer to waive his NTC would be if he was being offered a spot on a team with overwhelming odds to win, or go very deep - like Washington or Dallas right now.  Then, after establishing a place that would be a fit, you got to ask do they even want him and then the question is for what?

Imo the deal is weighted a bit too much in Vancouvers favour. 

Hammer can always sign back here next fall. If I were him wouldn't mind getting out of here for a few months and possibly having a go at the Cup...then coming back to a team, he helped to build by sacrificing a few months of his time. Yeah, a bit unrealistic, but hey one can dream...

20 hours ago, Nessnuck27 said:

Pittsburgh gets:

Vancouver gets:

That's a pretty ambitious proposal.

You might get Pouliot or Dumouin and the 2nd for those guys - whether they'd be interested in Hamhuis without knowing when he'll be healthy is questionable though.

Archived