The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matt Sekeres said there will be a coaching change at years end.

MaxVerstappen33

i hope not...i think willie is a very good coach...doing his best with what he has to work with....sekares is just trying to stir up contraversy....i'm sure he has never coached in the nhl and a team in transistion...he is just like us with his opinions...

I bet there have been talks about Green's succession plan and whether or not they're at risk of having him poached.

What he's done in Utica is nothing short of impressive. Making it to the finals in his second season, juggling a lineup with players coming in and out all this season, all while developing our young prospects.

He deserves a promotion next year. I don't know if they wanna risk letting him walk if they think they have another Vigneault or Carlyle caliber coach right under their nose.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I bet there have been talks about Green's succession plan and whether or not they're at risk of having him poached.

What he's done in Utica is nothing short of impressive. Making it to the finals in his second season, juggling a lineup with players coming in and out all this season, all while developing our young prospects.

He deserves a promotion next year. I don't know if they wanna risk letting him walk if they think they have another Vigneault or Carlyle caliber coach right under their nose.

He would be an NHL rookie though eh ? Im not a fan of replacing rookies with rookies

TL and JB wanna see the kids play more, WD refuses to listen and continues to go with vets. He's interested in winning now because he knows his time's limited. Average tenure of NHL coach in Canada is 2.6 years, he'll be in year 3 next year. 

This situation where Prust was able to play after crying about it today and how Miller did same thing before is bothersome. WD needs to be mind full of who to sit and when before he sits them. THis seems bush league, didn't WD know Prust is ex Ranger and it would be better to sit him next game? And once he made up his mind he shouldn't be changing it. Doesn't bode well for his future.

Sekeres is a really emotional guy and I think he sometimes says things that he should have thought about before saying them. Willie has actually been doing a good job lately. With the lineup he has they shouldn't be where they are right now (basically 1 point out of a playoff spot right now). I think we should wait and see what happens when he has a full lineup to work with, a lineup that includes Sutter, Hamhuis, a healthy Henrik Sedin.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

TL and JB wanna see the kids play more, WD refuses to listen and continues to go with vets. He's interested in winning now because he knows his time's limited. Average tenure of NHL coach in Canada is 2.6 years, he'll be in year 3 next year. 

This situation where Prust was able to play after crying about it today and how Miller did same thing before is bothersome. WD needs to be mind full of who to sit and when before he sits them. THis seems bush league, didn't WD know Prust is ex Ranger and it would be better to sit him next game? And once he made up his mind he shouldn't be changing it. Doesn't bode well for his future.

I think this is more along the lines of why WD may get fired.....not his coaching ability but that he and mgmt aren't on the same page ????

5 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

He would be an NHL rookie though eh ? Im not a fan of replacing rookies with rookies

He's been in Canucks system and knows all the kids and their game. He's on the same page as mgmt in that department and that's huge for a rebuilding team. 

Green's the best choice imo, and if it doesn't happen in the summer it'll happen at some point next season if this team struggles. Most likely it's done in the summer though.

3 minutes ago, CanuckianOne said:

We're not winning a championship under WD. So show him the door either at the end of this season or next when his contract is up

I agree with you on we are not winning a cup with WD.  Let him finish he contract and he can retire. Bring Green in as an assistant next year and then head coach.  WD is 66 and bad hips probably won.t mind retiring.

Archived