The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

slow down a bit

bushdog

every move a gm makes is a gamble and it would be a Fresh breath of air here on the coast if a LOT of you guys sat back and tried to Understand the realities.  most draftees aren't going to be regulars. for a lot of years now I've thought that this whole fan base needs a reboot. I've seen over 50 years of nhl and I have yet to see any gm who Always makes the perfect trades or drafts.  nor have I EVER heard a fan make all of the right calls.  a lot of posts are just yapping for the sake of yapping and have zero value, but a few folks seem to be thoughtful, understanding of the game and Mature.  I wish I could filter out some of you guys. now let the name-calling begin!!!

12 minutes ago, bushdog said:

every move a gm makes is a gamble and it would be a Fresh breath of air here on the coast if a LOT of you guys sat back and tried to Understand the realities.  most draftees aren't going to be regulars. for a lot of years now I've thought that this whole fan base needs a reboot. I've seen over 50 years of nhl and I have yet to see any gm who Always makes the perfect trades or drafts.  nor have I EVER heard a fan make all of the right calls.  a lot of posts are just yapping for the sake of yapping and have zero value, but a few folks seem to be thoughtful, understanding of the game and Mature.  I wish I could filter out some of you guys. now let the name-calling begin!!!

This is CDC welcome, we debate, question, offer opinions and insight on various topics.

In terms of Vancouver's fanbase, it is a quite strong one with many smart hockey people. It is unfortunate this is no reflected ona nightly basis at home games but a lot of these " true fans " are priced out of actually attending games.

It is natural to analyze deals and as a fan base using a forum such as CDC it is a great opportunity for people to vent, question, discuss, and learn if not understand certain things.

You raise some good points bushdog. Some posts continue to be nothing other than cheerleaders. The effect that has is it will back fire when fans stop bothering to come to the forum for genuine well thought out posts. What I particular take exception to is people passing comments through rose coloured galsses about player many have never seen play. It becomes boring and tends to make me take some time out from forum visits ( which may please some :) ) In short we should be thoughtful before letting fly with trivial IMO

59 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

You raise some good points bushdog. Some posts continue to be nothing other than cheerleaders. The effect that has is it will back fire when fans stop bothering to come to the forum for genuine well thought out posts. What I particular take exception to is people passing comments through rose coloured galsses about player many have never seen play. It becomes boring and tends to make me take some time out from forum visits ( which may please some :) ) In short we should be thoughtful before letting fly with trivial IMO

And a lot of people take exception to your often, overly critical posts.  its funny to me how opposed to positivity you seem to be.

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Darn it!  I hit that stupid Submit Reply button without thinking first again!  :frantic::lol:  Where's my cave?

1 hour ago, wshdrvvn said:

And a lot of people take exception to your often, overly critical posts.  its funny to me how opposed to positivity you seem to be.

God forbid people try and have measured, intelligent opinions... Instead by reaction we get someone creating a thread to complain about other fans' opinions and posting styles.

Archived