The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Schultz(edm) healthy scratch

86Viking

2 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I was driving and heard it, they said it was from 2 reputable sources within the organization,  it was TSN1260 (which the guys they have are 1000x better then Vancouver's, sucks to hear oilers crap but they do a great job of covering the league)

Did they indicate or speculate on the return?

10 minutes ago, Yotes said:

ok then, im only suggesting trade for him for the right price, not over pay or trade a good asset for him. The oilers may want grit and ask for sbisa.

And yes our D sucks, there is 0 offence back their, hence why Schultz while being soft atleast addresses the ability to provide some help to our pp and he happens to be a rhd.

If he plays horrible walk away, so what you honestly think Schultz will hinder us making the playoffs or something, look where we stand as it is.

We don't need to make the playoffs. If anything, we should miss it by a lot.  

Sbisa is better than people give him credit for. And he has a great mean streak. 

Get him if you can.  But do it smart. He is garbage.  Give them garbage.  Why make a trade that hurts your team?

11 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

I didn't say the thing about the radio report, but seriously......

If you want a link go find one yourself,

I find it hard to believe the original poster is sitting around his house all day plotting to BS CDC

If he says he heard it, I'll take him at his word till I smell BS,

It was nice of him to give us some "Out of the bubble" news and he gets "LINK! LINK!" like it isn't appreciated.

Believe it or not: if a tree falls in the Forrest, and no one is there to post a pic of it to a site......

The F@$king tree still fell

Wow settle down, I was just interested to see if there was a link thats all. A link would make this more concrete that is all. Did you have a rough day at work today?

6 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

We don't need to make the playoffs. If anything, we should miss it by a lot.  

Sbisa is better than people give him credit for. And he has a great mean streak. 

Get him if you can.  But do it smart. He is garbage.  Give them garbage.  Why make a trade that hurts your team?

so miss the playoffs and your scoffing at maybe adding schultz to our D core at a low cost. Stop with the sbisa it was a pure suggestion, I would rather move out higgins prust or weber in a move hor him, maybe edm would add a pick to him if they wanted sbisa?

45 minutes ago, Yotes said:

We lack rhd, especially one with who can help the PP. Schultz is that sbisa is a lefty who can slot on the right side. Thats only if benning wants to move a d with similar cap sbisa is the only option for that.

Edmonton has 8 nhl d, so not sure they want one coming back, maybe they take weber as he is already in ahl. If we make a move like vrbata for a 2nd, would benning trade a pick for him? That is what he did for Vey and Sven, i hope it wouldnt be a 2nd tho

22 minutes ago, Yotes said:

ok then, im only suggesting trade for him for the right price, not over pay or trade a good asset for him. The oilers may want grit and ask for sbisa.

Are you an OIlers fan or something?

;)

8 minutes ago, Yotes said:

so miss the playoffs and your scoffing at maybe adding schultz to our D core at a low cost. Stop with the sbisa it was a pure suggestion, I would rather move out higgins prust or weber in a move hor him, maybe edm would add a pick to him if they wanted sbisa?

Re read my posts.  I am all for getting Shultz.  As long as it is Higgins and a 4+ pick.   If they want to add to get Sbisa, sure.  But it better a decent pick.  

4 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Re read my posts.  I am all for getting Shultz.  As long as it is Higgins and a 4+ pick.   If they want to add to get Sbisa, sure.  But it better a decent pick.  

yes i realize that, oilers have lots of D so unless they send us 2 or make another move I dont see them going after sbisa. Depends tho they need help back their but is sbisa the answer?

It might be to them if they get to move schultz but would they add a 3rd round pick to get it done? is that enough?

29 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Sbisa is NOT getting traded (let alone for a pick) until we minimally have Pedan, Tryamkin, or some other physical D-men on the roster.  Both TL and JB have commented many times about the lack of physicality on the back end and how sorely it was missed when he was out.

Further, I highly doubt we would send any pick for Schultz.  If anything, they should send us something to take him.  The Canuck priority is to be rid of three NHL contracts sitting in the AHL, not to bail out a divisional rival by taking an overpriced bust off their hands and helping them with their future.  Some valuations and expectations are really off here.

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sbisa is NOT getting traded (let alone for a pick) until we minimally have Pedan, Tryamkin, or some other physical D-men on the roster.  Both TL and JB have commented many times about the lack of physicality on the back end and how sorely it was missed when he was out.

Further, I highly doubt we would send any pick for Schultz.  If anything, they should send us something to take him.  The Canuck priority is to be rid of three NHL contracts sitting in the AHL, not to bail out a divisional rival by taking an overpriced bust off their hands and helping them with their future.  Some valuations and expectations are really off here.

I agree with you. I dont want him to be traded.   Our d sucks like a bunch of little girls.  We might as well put on a skirt and call it a season.  Give them Higgins and Prust. 

I never said give them a pick.  I said we need picks. 

I want a full out rebuild. I've been watching the same old crap for way too long.   

We aren't winning any time soon.  The least we can do is beat some people up.    

Keep Sbisa.  Get draft picks.  Get bigger and tougher.

i would be all for moving bartkowski and having pedan up for the rest of the year. I mean we need to see what this guy can do, if he is unimpressive we may move him or try to sneak him through waivers next september.

Im all for adding size or grit to our D, we got rid of weber, biega plays a game with an edge but he is undersized. Sbisa is our only physical d as of now.

Be interesting to see what benning does with hammer and bartkowski. both lefties that are in the way of pedan being up here

12 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Schultz is Weber-lite. Stay away. 

weber is a schultz light. schultz has 2 30 pt season before age 25. weber has 1 20 plus season that being last year. they have far different levels on potential imo.

Change of scenary may help schultz, it may do nothing. but for a cheap price its worth the risk imo. We just waived our rhd pp qb afterall, so need a replacement 

He's so bad defensively that oilers fans have come up with the term "Jultzing" to refer to the times where he's been on the ice and was responsible for a goal against. 

It's actually kind of funny consisting how they thought they won the lottery with him signing there. The next Paul coffee he was!

Archived