The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Schultz(edm) healthy scratch

86Viking

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

And we don't?  Trading Sbisa for him takes our Charmin back end down to cotton candy softness.  Without the stick.

And that's a problem, alright.

Schultz + Edler (ulp)
Schultz + Sbisa (double ulp)
Schultz + Hutton (how much more can a rookie handle?)

call up Pedan if you want size and grit, he is gonna be on our roster next year regardless unless we risk waivers

. If we got Schultz maybe we dont end up moving Hammer regardless as he may not waive, or may walk into Bennings office and say I will sign for a cheap amount to stay hear and mentor the youth keep he here, you know this offer on paper is too good for you to not lock me up.

Then he can move Edler possibly for greater return

4 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Yup Benning call up your old buddy and make a deal happen, but only if its you buying low like Sven. Except we dont wanna move a 2nd rounder for him we wanna send salary back to edmonton

agreed, higgy might be a good fit for the Oil, or even weber to fill that vacant d spot

3 hours ago, Yotes said:

i agree he is, but if its contract that has to be similar for similar age player, sbisa is the only choice.

Maybe they take depth leadership in higgins? weber could just stay on their ahl team

if they want to dump him, maybe we can dump a contract of ours their way

You don't trade a much better player for a piece of garbage just because cap hits match up. 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  

The last couple days, people on here seem to be getting dumber and dumber.    Use your damn head people. 

8 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

You don't trade a much better player for a piece of garbage just because cap hits match up. 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  

The last couple days, people on here seem to be getting dumber and dumber.    Use your damn head people. 

We lack rhd, especially one with who can help the PP. Schultz is that sbisa is a lefty who can slot on the right side. Thats only if benning wants to move a d with similar cap sbisa is the only option for that.

Edmonton has 8 nhl d, so not sure they want one coming back, maybe they take weber as he is already in ahl. If we make a move like vrbata for a 2nd, would benning trade a pick for him? That is what he did for Vey and Sven, i hope it wouldnt be a 2nd tho

Shultz has declined this season. Well below his past few years production. Higgins may be a decent vet for Edmonton and he might enjoy playing with them? 

There is a chance that Hamhuis would pair well enough with him to put up a few more points?  Only if all other PMD options would be off the table. (Still would like to see hamhuis moved for pick/prospect) and then re-signed in the off season if he wanted back at a reduced salary

Why do some of you guys want this guy?  The Sedins love it when he is on the ice because they can bounce him around like a rag doll.

Lets connect the dots here:  what do all of these guys have in common

Hamhuis
Tanev
Bartkowski
Hutton
Edler (on at least half the nights)

They are pillowy soft.  The softest D crew in the NHL and some of you want to add King Charmin Soft Justin Schultz to that roster?

We need big, mean, you know...a guy that can knock other guys off of the puck, or maul someone for doing something stupid like running the goalie or a rookie.  Schultz = opposite of what we need.  Please NO!

NO!  someone close this thread...

3 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Why do some of you guys want this guy?  The Sedins love it when he is on the ice because they can bounce him around like a rag doll.

Lets connect the dots here:  what do all of these guys have in common

Hamhuis
Tanev
Bartkowski
Hutton
Edler (on at least half the nights)

They are pillowy soft.  The softest D crew in the NHL and some of you want to add King Charmin Soft Justin Schultz to that roster?

We need big, mean, you know...a guy that can knock other guys off of the puck, or maul someone for doing something stupid like running the goalie or a rookie.  Schultz = opposite of what we need.  Please NO!

NO!  someone close this thread...

Sure. Sure. But big tough D can be acquired through other opportunities. We don't have a good PMD/PPQ. Schultz can be one piece of the puzzle. Put him in the mix with Pedan and potentially Tryamkin we ain't so bad.

And you forgot Biega.

6 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

IMO anyone picking up Schultz is just stupid, he is currently set to become a RFA and will need to be qualified at 3.9 Mil which is absolutely terrible for what he brings to the table bottom pairing dman with 1 to 2 line PP he is essentially Marc Andre Bergeron. 

If he fails, simply don't resign him.  Result is the same as letting Weber and Prust go at the end of the season (cap space), except we get someone we can try to salvage as a short-term project.  Even better if Higgins goes as we lose his salary a year early.  Tanknation would rejoice, as he would likely add some lead ballast to the bow.

18 minutes ago, Yotes said:

We lack rhd, especially one with who can help the PP. Schultz is that sbisa is a lefty who can slot on the right side. Thats only if benning wants to move a d with similar cap sbisa is the only option for that.

Edmonton has 8 nhl d, so not sure they want one coming back, maybe they take weber as he is already in ahl. If we make a move like vrbata for a 2nd, would benning trade a pick for him? That is what he did for Vey and Sven, i hope it wouldnt be a 2nd tho

Again no.   What is up with you people?  You don't downgrade for cap. You don't downgrade because some trash player is right handed.  Listen to yourself.  

Our D sucks.  And if people would actually watch the game,  sbisa is what we need right now.  Our d is soft as butter. He is the only one not scared to actually hit. 

We need to improve.  We can add Shultz. I'd be down for that.  But her is just plain piss poor at everything but offence. Give them Higgins and a 4th at most. 

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

If he fails, simply don't resign him.  Result is the same as letting Weber and Prust go at the end of the season (cap space), except we get someone we can try to salvage as a short-term project.  Even better if Higgins goes as we lose his salary a year early.  Tanknation would rejoice, as he would likely add some lead ballast to the bow.

Honestly i think the Oilers will just not sign him at the end of the season and then you could essentially sign him for 1-2 mil if you really wanted him for a project. There is rumors here (Edm) that he might just call it quits on hockey as he doesn't really like it and just did it to get paid.  

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

Again no.   What is up with you people?  You don't downgrade for cap. You don't downgrade because some trash player is right handed.  Listen to yourself.  

Our D sucks.  And if people would actually watch the game,  sbisa is what we need right now.  Our d is soft as butter. He is the only one not scared to actually hit. 

We need to improve.  We can add Shultz. I'd be down for that.  But her is just plain piss poor at everything but offence. Give them Higgins and a 4th at most. 

ok then, im only suggesting trade for him for the right price, not over pay or trade a good asset for him. The oilers may want grit and ask for sbisa.

And yes our D sucks, there is 0 offence back their, hence why Schultz while being soft atleast addresses the ability to provide some help to our pp and he happens to be a rhd.

If he plays horrible walk away, so what you honestly think Schultz will hinder us making the playoffs or something, look where we stand as it is.

2 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Honestly i think the Oilers will just not sign him at the end of the season and then you could essentially sign him for 1-2 mil if you really wanted him for a project. There is rumors here (Edm) that he might just call it quits on hockey as he doesn't really like it and just did it to get paid.  

he has made enough to retire comfortably as long as he wasnt  a young rich athlete who blew a ton of $

6 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Sure, but at that point he's still an Oilers-infused bust.  We are dumping Weber, Prust, and Higgins anyway, so why not bring him in early to audition?  Then after watching him for 25-30 games we can decide whether to offer him anything at all.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  What is there to lose, especially if we cannot do anything else with the waiver boys than let them play out the string in Utica?

The key here is, do NOT offer anything more than what we're already trying to dispose of.  Suggesting Sbisa or draft picks is indeed silliness.  Oilers want to dump their junk, so do we.  Fair swap.

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

link to this so called edm radio stirring the pot of Schultz going to Van?

I didn't say the thing about the radio report, but seriously......

If you want a link go find one yourself,

I find it hard to believe the original poster is sitting around his house all day plotting to BS CDC

If he says he heard it, I'll take him at his word till I smell BS,

It was nice of him to give us some "Out of the bubble" news and he gets "LINK! LINK!" like it isn't appreciated.

Believe it or not: if a tree falls in the Forrest, and no one is there to post a pic of it to a site......

The F@$king tree still fell

Archived