The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Schultz(edm) healthy scratch

86Viking

Just now, HKSR said:

Bo Horvat:

-27 this season so far

-8 last season

The question is... Horvat, do we really want him?

Yes but Horvat has been moved about and is still a rookie.

He was placed from 4th line C to 2nd in a transition team racked with injury, after one season 

i think most edm D would have a poor plus minus rating. He is a liability in his own end,, I know this is a lot of ifs but resign hammer, move edler to dallas for honka and ritchie.

hutton tanev

hammer schultz

bart sbisa

biega

Honka in Utica

Ritchie with Baer and Bo after vrbata gets moved

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Bo Horvat:

-27 this season so far

-8 last season

The question is... Horvat, do we really want him?

Hmmm one is a stud center and a difference maker hampered by questionable linemates who give up on plays and make shoddy changes one is a supposed top 4 dman who did nothing to earn his contract

The question is, why make this comparison?

Wanna know another stud center who finished a season at -28?  Quick hint, Horvat has been compared to him and he hoisted a cup in OUR barn 

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Exactly right.

I dont see anything coming through the pipeline except for maybe Pedan and Subban who isnt going to strike fear into many...and even drafting a studD means he wont be ready for a few years...we need that solid standup D with offensive upside...they arent usually found on the waiver wire or projectville.

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

i think most edm D would have a poor plus minus rating. He is a liability in his own end,, I know this is a lot of ifs but resign hammer, move edler to dallas for honka and ritchie.

hutton tanev

hammer schultz

bart sbisa

biega

Honka in Utica

Ritchie with Baer and Bo after vrbata gets moved

Hutton Tanev as a 1st line? Are you tripping?

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Yes but Horvat has been moved about and is still a rookie.

He was placed from 4th line C to 2nd in a transition team racked with injury, after one season 

The same argument could be made for Schultz who has only 1 season more than Horvat in terms of experience.  When he was brought into Edmonton, he was supposed to be the difference maker and put into roles he wasn't ready for. 

From the outside looking in, one could look quickly at stats and say Horvat is the Canucks worst defensive forward lol.

2 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Hutton Tanev as a 1st line? Are you tripping?

no im not "tripping. Tanev is top pair, and Hutton has been a 20min d man. i couldnt post this instead...

hammer tanev

hutton schultz

that would get more bashing would it not

Just remember, as the old saying goes.  You can defence.  You can't teach offence.

This kid does put up 30+ points as a defenceman.  So no, he's a definite upgrade to Weber.

In his first season, had he played 82 games, and kept up his pace, he would have had 46 points. 

35 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Hearing that #oilers Justin Schultz being scratch tonight vs #devilsmight be trade related. #tvasports

i would offer higgins and one of weber/bart sbisa.

low risk for us, yes higher cap hit but we send out $ also. Could help out PP? That is his specialty, poor in D end

lol why would we want this useless turd unless of course you want to tank even aster ?

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hmmm one is a stud center and a difference maker hampered by questionable linemates who give up on plays and make shoddy changes one is a supposed top 4 dman who did nothing to earn his contract

The question is, why make this comparison?

Wanna know another stud center who finished a season at -28?  Quick hint, Horvat has been compared to him and he hoisted a cup in OUR barn 

Lol, I'm not knocking Horvat.  I know what he brings.  What I'm saying is, let's not be so quick to judge Schultz based on the fact he plays on a terrible Edmonton defence group. 

Archived