The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Schultz(edm) healthy scratch

86Viking

16 minutes ago, riffraff said:

He just needs a change of scenery far away from here.

Not sure about that. Seems like a luke schenn sort of situation.  Wasn't developed well. I wouldn't touch anyone that has shown he can play that bad with a ten foot pole. U never know though I guess 

6 hours ago, billabong said:

He's a del zotto kinda guy...moves the puck and that's about it

god i hope he doesn't effect hammers trade possibilities in a negative way

Hammer will get  a good return.I'm not worried.By the way Billabong that video in your post makes me laugh every damn time.Love it

If we can trade Higgins and his extra year of cap hit and an expiring UFA like Weber and/or Prust for Shultz lets do it. 

If he sucks we just end up probably losing more games and getting a better pick. Plus we could maybe sign him cheaper or let him walk by not qualifying him. Either way we get more cap savings next year moving Higgins.

If we are paying an asset for him like anything other than a very late pick, then forget it.

37 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Not sure about that. Seems like a luke schenn sort of situation.  Wasn't developed well. I wouldn't touch anyone that has shown he can play that bad with a ten foot pole. U never know though I guess 

At least luke can make up for his suck with some hits.

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If we can trade Higgins and his extra year of cap hit and an expiring UFA like Weber and/or Prust for Shultz lets do it. 

If he sucks we just end up probably losing more games and getting a better pick. Plus we could maybe sign him cheaper or let him walk by not qualifying him. Either way we get more cap savings next year moving Higgins.

If we are paying an asset for him like anything other than a very late pick, then forget it.

You know, I wouldn't count out him at least learning some of the things he is doing wrong from the Sedins. They pick him apart pretty well. Sometimes it's just a silly little thing that he is not getting guidance on. It couldn't hurt to see. Edmonton obviously isn't great at developing their players.

I know this isn't baseball, but Jose Bautista was pretty much done before he got to the Blue Jays. They saw how he is swinging and told him to start swinging a little earlier than he was and boom! 150 or so home runs later, he's one of the best in the game.

4 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Wow you have no clue what your talking about, Higgins has a year left on his deal, that would be 2.5 million of the cap for next year, yea junk right? 

Tell me why Edmonton would want Higgins if you know it all.  Who does Higgins bump off that roster?

good try.

11 hours ago, Yotes said:

Hearing that #oilers Justin Schultz being scratch tonight vs #devilsmight be trade related. #tvasports

i would offer higgins and one of weber/bart sbisa.

low risk for us, yes higher cap hit but we send out $ also. Could help out PP? That is his specialty, poor in D end

That you equate Weber, Bart and Sbisa is....well, it's not....

forget it.

Shultz is still young no? he would be a reclamation project type of player. can't see other teams wanting to give up too much for him. not sure what we would give up for Shultz. but if we did get him. maybe he could benefit from the Sedins and their leadership. mentoring the young man. who must be quite fragile mentally. a change of scenery may help as well. it was a bad decision initially to go to Edmonton. they basically ruined his career. 

17 hours ago, HKSR said:

The same argument could be made for Schultz who has only 1 season more than Horvat in terms of experience.  When he was brought into Edmonton, he was supposed to be the difference maker and put into roles he wasn't ready for. 

From the outside looking in, one could look quickly at stats and say Horvat is the Canucks worst defensive forward lol.

So you are equating Schulz's 242 NHL games to Horvat's 121 as just one season more. Really?

And even if you are, one season is a hell of a lot of hockey not to mention experience. I think you've lost this one.

i think a team around the league will pay more than what us canuck fans are willing to pay. I cant see them moving an rfa pp qb d man for a salary dump with a year left on his deal. That would be great, but I just dont see it happening. They may take a salary player back but likely want a prospect or draft pick on top of that

Archived