The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistic 2016/2017 Opening day line-up

joecarp12

I Think it's time we start looking ahead to what it will realistically be next year. I hope, just like the rest of us we get a top pick that can play next year, but just being realistic that we will draft 7-11. If we draft in that range, hopefully we take Juolevi/Sergachyov, but I have a weird feeling Mcleod is Bennings guy. This isn't the line-up I want, but what I assume realistically it will be based on the management

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Suter-Hansen

Burrows-Horvat-Virtanen

Etem-Granlund-Dorsett

Gaunce,Vey,Rodin

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Hammer/Try

Signing/trade/Try-Sbisa

Pedan/Larsen

*Edit Try wasn't signed when I made this so yes I believe he will be on the team now next year. Also sounds like Rodin is definitely in next year plans

Mark

Miller

I Have a feeling they will bring Vey back, send McCann to AHL. IS he eligible?

I honestly think they are going to move on with the younger forwards forwards

so

sedin-sedin-sutter

baert-horvat-virt

hansen-mcann- rodin/vey

etem-granlund-vey/rodin

dorsett

only way gernier, gaunce or kenins make the team is if they can beat out rodin or vey

burrows is traded at the Draft

Edler- Larsen

Hutton-Tanev

Hamhuis-sbisa

pedan/begia/tryamkin

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Baertschi - Sutter - Okposo

Granlund - Horvat - Etem

Dorsett - Gaunce - Virtanen

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Sbisa

Hamhuis - Biega

Miller

Markstrom

Second line RW needs to be addressed. Burrows, Vrbata, Higgins have not done enough to warrant a top 6 position. Baertschi-Sutter-Okposo might be a dynamic, gritty, skilled line.

I think Gaunce is at his best at center and fits the role of 4C much better than McCann. Let Gaunce and Virtanen develop the nasty part of their game in tandem. Future dominant 3rd line right there. 

Sedin-Sedin-Lucic

Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen

Etem-Granlund-Vey

Burrows-Sutter-Virtanen 

Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Demers 

Hammer-Sbias 

Biega

Miller/Marky split 

Lucic and Demers are FA signings 

Realistically that's where I see the team next year. McCann is first line Utica. Pedan and the Russian bear are down and used for callups. Rodin and Larson play in Utica to get used to NA ice. Gaunce and Grenier are major call ups for injury and I could even see either of the two forcing Virt down to play top line minutes with McCann. 

Disclaimer, I personally would rather get Okposo over Lucic. 

26 minutes ago, joecarp12 said:

I Think it's time we start looking ahead to what it will realistically be next year. I hope, just like the rest of us we get a top pick that can play next year, but just being realistic that we will draft 7-11. If we draft in that range, hopefully we take Juolevi/Sergachyov, but I have a weird feeling Mcleod is Bennings guy. This isn't the line-up I want, but what I assume realistically it will be based on the management

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Suter-Hansen

Burrows-Horvat-Virtanen

Etem-Granlund-Dorsett

Gaunce,Vey

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Hammer

Signing/trade-Sbisa

Biega/Pedan/Larsen

Mark

Miller

lol our lineup looks softer and softer every year imo

Don't forget Rodin and Tryamkin potentially coming over, Grenier and Pedan being waiver eligible, etc. etc. etc.

So yeah, it's not really that easy to make an opening lineup for next season at this point and I don't know why we'd try before free agency.

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Etem - Sutter - Rodin

Gaunce - Granlund - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Hamhuis

Sbisa - Biega

Pedan

Miller - Markstrom

I would like to trade Hansen and Burrows at the draft in order to potentially move up to draft a much needed dman 

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

Don't forget Rodin and Tryamkin potentially coming over, Grenier and Pedan being waiver eligible, etc. etc. etc.

So yeah, it's not really that easy to make an opening lineup for next season at this point and I don't know why we'd try before free agency.

I don't see either of Rodin/Tryamkin making the team next year. 

5 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

The four players I see making the team if we get to draft them are Matthews, the two finns, and maybe Chychrun. 

43 minutes ago, joecarp12 said:

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Suter-Hansen

Burrows-Horvat-Virtanen

Etem-Granlund-Dorsett

Gaunce,Vey

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Hammer

Signing/trade-Sbisa

Biega/Pedan/Larsen

Mark

Miller

Thats great, that lineup should be enough to keep us just in the middle of the pack for years....oh yeah... I'm excited

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

Thats great, that lineup should be enough to keep us just in the middle of the pack for years....oh yeah... I'm excited

Oh I totally agree, would love to see it differently. I hope i'm wrong and we see some trades and more of the younger players. I just don't think it will happen under Aquillin/Benning

5 minutes ago, joecarp12 said:

The four players I see making the team if we get to draft them are Matthews, the two finns, and maybe Chychrun. 

This team is willing to play McCann and Virt at 19, so I think you are right: if we draft in the top 8, that player will see serious ice time next yr. 

Therefore, this team could really look different from what is today, depending on whether Matthews or Dubois is chosen vs. Chychrun or Sergachev.  If we choose Dubois, we have a lot of centres, but light at the end of the tunnel for quality improvement.  If Matthews, well, enough said -- like Dubois but with a parade.  If we get Chychrun, less ambitious parade, but still a parade.  If Sergachev, then similar to Chychrun but Russian, in a good way.

Also, a lot depends on whether a D is found in Free Agency, who is in the 26 to 30 yr old range to help the mentoring of the future D core.  I also see a 2nd round D that starts next year at some point: bigger or better offense, take your pick -- Logan Stanley? Or Pedan from previous years.   What if Juolevi sinks to second round?  Is Jake Bean workable, or too small?  This draft makes this team for the foreseeable future. The Virtanen/McCann draft was terrific, but this one is even more important imo. 

As long as the 2 key draft pieces for this summer are physically robust enough to play (McCann almost didn't qualify, McDavid didn't), they may very well play -- this team is into development, dramatically committed to real development, in fact.  Best thing about Linden and Benning.

Realistic:

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic

Baertschi - Horvat - McCann

Gaunce - Sutter - Virtanen

Etem - Granlund - Hansen

Grenier

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Hutton

Sbisa - Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

Dream: