The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Coyotes vs Youth Movement 7 PM PST

Qwags

Win or Lose?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, nuckfan82 said:

We need elite talent and really when is the last time we had a superstar player in our lineup?

Do you mean Mr. Naslund or are you referring to the twins fading away? I think we have a superstar or rather two...but succession has been mismanaged. 

2 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Do you mean Mr. Naslund or are you referring to the twins fading away? I think we have a superstar or rather two...but succession has been mismanaged. 

12 year olds haven't been around long enough, and wouldn't know talent if it bit them in the *ss.

17 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

All kids, all the time. 

Plus Hamhuis playing solid, and Vrbata and Weber killing plays.

They can regain their confidence next fall when they are playing with their new franchise team mate! Tanking is serious business and these guys had better not screw it up like this. Lose these games 5 - 4 and be done.

15 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Last time I checked Naslund never won a CUP. Oh ya Marcus never got past the 2nd Round. Not to fear we have all these gems lurking in the 5th Round just waiting for the Benning call. Get real people we have to have at least a top #5 pick. That is a minimum for this year.

25 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Last time I checked Naslund never won a CUP. Oh ya Marcus never got past the 2nd Round. Not to fear we have all these gems lurking in the 5th Round just waiting for the Benning call. Get real people we have to have at least a top #5 pick. That is a minimum for this year.

Doesn't change the fact that he was a superstar. In his prime he was one of the NHL's elite goal scorers. Stamkos, Ovechkin, and Tavares (amongst many others) haven't won a cup, would you not cal them superstars?

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Naslund never got past the 2nd round but I don't think it was his fault. Hockey is a team sport at the end of the day. 

He's goalie was Cloutier whereas the rivals goalies were Roy (2001), Hasek (2002), Roloson/Fernandez (2003), Kipper (2004). The Canucks salary was a shade below 45 million dollars when Colorado and Detroit were spending 70+ million dollars, allowing them to afford Yzerman + Fedorov or Sakic + Forsberg as top two centers not to mention two Norris calibre defencemen Lidstrom+Chelio and Blake+Bourque (bonus Foote).

And by your logic, Bure is not a super star because he never won a CUP. But clearly Bure was.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

What an utterly stupid post...

12 hours ago, nuckfan82 said:

We need elite talent and really when is the last time we had a superstar player in our lineup?

It's not likely that the team will lose every game until the season is over.  They have a tough schedule ahead, so don't worry about getting a good pick in the 1st round.  My guess they come in around 4 or 5. 

It's best for the team if they stay in the games and win a few.  The kids need to have pride and hope for the future.

Archived