The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rebuilding Canucks to ‘leave no stones unturned’ in search for talent

Patrick Jane

15 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

Juolevi, Sergachev and Bean. Not to sure where he stands on Chychrun though

Funny, in the March 9 interview Chychrun was the one D he did address, and in very complimentary terms.  Has he talked about the 3 you mention on other occasions, or is that just your assessment? 

3 hours ago, NHL'er said:

Wait sorry lol I don't understand how your post relates to mine :P

I wrote it pre morning coffee, it really makes no sense lol. 

I was agreeing with you that Hutton wasn't even on the radar. The young defenseman battle was to be between Clendening and Corrado, but Hutton made it a moot point in the end. 

And in response to the original post about Benning's lack of ability to see talent, neither Clendening nor Corrado made the team and they both are poor NHL players. Even worse than Bartkowski. 

So, it kind of relates? Haha. 

23 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Because major junior, college, and Europe are all trash dumpsters?

I feel like sometimes people on these boards take things too literally. It was just a funny video that I felt could resemble somebody looking through others fringe assets. Of course I think there are diamonds in the rough in all those leagues and trying to find talent anywhere in any of those leagues should always be going on.

On March 10, 2016 at 3:57 PM, SILLY GOOSE said:

I like that JB is willing to go against the consensus and draft players he thinks have NHL potential like he did with Virtanen.  Makes me wonder what players of the D group in particular he is high on.

Bean? Isn't he a bit small? I wonder if we could get Buffalo, Edmonton or TO to give up their 1st pick for Edler + a prospect.... (assuming of course they dont get the 1 to 3 spots in the lottery).

oops - sorry replied to the wrong post. 

Archived