The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

Don't hate me.... this earworm attacked today......now get it out of YOUR heads! :lol:

From Medicine Hat, Alberta........Garry Lee and The Showdown

Now seriously, who doesn't remember singing this under your breath in front of your parents?

Reveal hidden contents

i was going to post this song or ,the young canadians "hawaii' but thought i might get banned lol

• Upvote 1

this song was inspired on one of there many trips to prince rupert , back when they were called applejack they were the house band at the rupert hotel,                      this comment from wikipedia  " Their 1975 debut album was followed by Two for the Show in 1976, which was certified Gold in Canada. The album contained the hits "Two for the Show", and "Santa Maria". The latter of the two hits was inspired from a trip by boat to Tugwell Island, near Prince Rupert, BC."   the local party beach!               

Edited by chon derry
  • Upvote 4
2 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Don't hate me.... this earworm attacked today......now get it out of YOUR heads! :lol:

From Medicine Hat, Alberta........Garry Lee and The Showdown

Now seriously, who doesn't remember singing this under your breath in front of your parents?

Reveal hidden contents

When I worked in Edmonton I used to go to a club called Tumbleweeds quite a bit...one of the waitresses was the sister of Gaye Delorme who wrote the Rodeo Song amongst many other things..most notably being a damn fine guitarist and  his work with Cheech and Chong...Gaye came in on occasion as did Gary Lee when he wasnt on the road...they had a huge old touring bus..that they would park out back of the club..where the party would continue after the bar closed...lol..I really liked Gary..as for Gaye..not so much..he ended up with a former girlfriend of mine.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

When I worked in Edmonton I used to go to a club called Tumbleweeds quite a bit...one of the waitresses was the sister of Gaye Delorme who wrote the Rodeo Song amongst many other things..most notably being a damn fine guitarist and  his work with Cheech and Chong...Gaye came in on occasion as did Gary Lee when he wasnt on the road...they had a huge old touring bus..that they would park out back of the club..where the party would continue after the bar closed...lol..I really liked Gary..as for Gaye..not so much..he ended up with a former girlfriend of mine.

shaky you sly ol dog theres broken hearts all over western canada !   i can verify!  lol

• Upvote 1

Anyone remember Chrissy Steele? She briefly replaced Darby Mills in the Headpins. The 4th Headpins record was actually released as her debut album. Sadly after Brian MacLeod died it all fell apart for her. Despite her debut cd doing alright she was dropped by her label. Word is she left the biz and is a computer programmer in Victoria.

She had awesome pipes and was a major babe to boot.

^^^ Looks like Matt Frenette on drums.

Perhaps a little heavy on the cheese but it was the early 90's. But man the pipes, the pipes.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Anyone remember Chrissy Steele? She briefly replaced Darby Mills in the Headpins. The 4th Headpins record was actually released as her debut album. Sadly after Brian MacLeod died it all fell apart for her. Despite her debut cd doing alright she was dropped by her label. Word is she left the biz and is a computer programmer in Victoria.

She had awesome pipes and was a major babe to boot.

^^^ Looks like Matt Frenette on drums.

Perhaps a little heavy on the cheese but it was the early 90's. But man the pipes, the pipes.

was a big fan of" to loud mcleod" myself  you might of missed the song i posted on pg 15 zappacosta "burnin" macloed bridges that song at  2.15  exactly the way he did with chilliwak and the headpins.

Edited by chon derry