The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

you may hear a similarity to chilliwack or the headpins with this song ,as brian "to loud" mcleod and ab bryant  from chilliwack and headpins fame colaberated with alfie on this classic .i listen to this song cranked to max!

Edited by chon derry
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, chon derry said:

you may hear a similarity to chilliwack or the headpins with this song ,as brian "to loud" mcleod and ab bryant  from chilliwack and headpins fame colaberated with alfie on this classic .i listen to this song cranked to max!

I always liked Alfie...good choice....

• Upvote 1

I remember the day I bought this on 45... it was the day I learned that it doesn't take much to have vinyl melt in the car on a sunny day.  I was so bummed that I had warped it before I ever got to play it.  I was semi-successful flattening it out again, but couldn't quite keep it from skipping.  Not sure if I was too stubborn, too cheap, or too broke, but I never replaced it.

A fun song, good to drive to.

• Upvote 3

Terry Bush wrote this song as the theme song for Littlest Hobo (and who doesn’t remember THAT gem?)..... the show ran its course and he went back to writing jingles. Almost 20 years later, the co-writer of the song contacted him to say the song was being used in a bank advert in Britain. The song took off and was covered by other bands and was sung in pubs at closing time. In 2011, it was used in another British advert and went to number 1 on the country charts for both iTunes and Amazon in the U.K.  Who’da thunk it, eh?

• Upvote 1