The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

didn't know about it, but I'm looking into it, as I type. Hope it is on my regular days off as 'extra days" are impossible in summer.

Nope- middle of my afternoon shifts. :(

Have a great time, she historically  puts on great shows.

Oh damn :(  Drat that work getting in the way, anyway.

I was gifted the ticket to her concert for my birthday thanks to my sister so the countdown is on. It's kinda funny because KD was never even near the top of my list of 'People To See In Concert' but now I can't wait. When she sings Hallelujah live... and the goosebumps kick in....it'll be right up there in the top highlights of my concert attendance!

I'll give her a wave for you! Roll on August 17th! ::D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2017-08-14 at 5:55 PM, gurn said:

3 days away!

@gurn

It's taken me this long to settle down from the sheer immensity of seeing her live in concert! The Orpheum was the most perfect venue for her......beautiful surroundings, acoustics to die for and a crowd so full of anticipation it was palpable in the air! The opening act was a local Vancouver artist named John Bryant, a very talented artist in his own right.. the impression I got was that each town where KD is playing a concert has a local artist open for her. What GREAT exposure for 'new' talent!

Ms. K.D. brought the house down with Miss Chatelaine and finished the chosen sets for the night with Hallelujah..... you could have heard a pin drop in a theatre that was sold out for her presence for that last number! And when she was done singing that last halleluja, a standing ovation like none I have ever seen or participated in before! I have NO idea where she stores that voice but holy Hells bells, when she lets it loose and lets it rip.... it's incredible, insane, phenomenal and out of this world at the same time!

She is wickedly funny, articulate and witty..... she has an incredible group of musicians on stage with her who are artists in their own right......and who knew that all the music and songs for the album Ingénue were actually written and recorded in Vancouver???

This is so close to her performance at the Orpheum on the 17th that I must include it in it's live version......

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Upvote 2
23 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

@gurn

It's taken me this long to settle down from the sheer immensity of seeing her live in concert! The Orpheum was the most perfect venue for her......beautiful surroundings, acoustics to die for and a crowd so full of anticipation it was palpable in the air! The opening act was a local Vancouver artist named John Bryant, a very talented artist in his own right.. the impression I got was that each town where KD is playing a concert has a local artist open for her. What GREAT exposure for 'new' talent!

Ms. K.D. brought the house down with Miss Chatelaine and finished the chosen sets for the night with Hallelujah..... you could have heard a pin drop in a theatre that was sold out for her presence for that last number! And when she was done singing that last halleluja, a standing ovation like none I have ever seen or participated in before! I have NO idea where she stores that voice but holy Hells bells, when she lets it loose and lets it rip.... it's incredible, insane, phenomenal and out of this world at the same time!

She is wickedly funny, articulate and witty..... she has an incredible group of musicians on stage with her who are artists in their own right......and who knew that all the music and songs for the album Ingénue were actually written and recorded in Vancouver???

This is so close to her performance at the Orpheum on the 17th that I must include it in it's live version......

Very jealous! I haven't seen her live in years. She used to have a super energetic stage presence. One of my favourites!

• Upvote 1