The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening To...Canadian Edition.

Rate this topic

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, gurn said:

I met Randy on The Skeena Queen during a Salt Spring Island to Swartz Bay run. Asked if his album "Jazz Thing" was going to be released on vinyl and he said "No". I razzed him a bit ' But aren't you the guy on CBC's Vinyl Tap Stories?" He looked down, shook his head and  replied that the company just wouldn't listen to him.

I've seen Randy and Burton doing a concert in Victoria's memorial arena and Randy in Powell River during his "Every Song Tells A story" tour.

Have always found him to be a good guy, no ego.

I don't know if this is "good' jazz or not but I kinda like it  once in a while.

I dealt with Randy a lot.

I always found him distant.  He used a ''manager'' to negotiate, run errands and arrange the simplest details like buying a mobile phone.

But he was genuine. I mentioned he knew I was from Winnipeg.  And he took the trouble to get, and give me tickets to the last Jets game.  Very nice of him! 

Edited by Canuck Surfer
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, RWMc1 said:

Hey, can anyone help me with my (bad  :huh: ) memory?  After I left Canada 15 odd years ago, a Winnipeg band, I believe Winnipeg based (?) band much like the Trews appeared. Believe they played the Grey Cup, give or take 2008, 2009.  Couple guys at least that sorta look like a younger Randy Bachman, similar sound to the Trews...

this ones off their 1st album as bto 1973  known as bravebelt  prior to that, gets into unfamiliar territory for me......not fragile album the following year 74 put them over the top in  Canada , when I bought the not fragile album  I thought it was their 1st album, later on I found this album and discovered I was wrong. and who knows there might even be a lesser known 1 st album other  than this one,  only a real bto head would know for sure.:P

Edited by chon derry