The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

What we need right now is to give our top prospects some seasoning at the NHL level. This year is quickly shaping up to be a write off, and next year with a year on our star players like the Sedins, Burrows and Luongo I can't see us getting any stronger. The time is nigh to get our prospects some exposure.

It's just Mere comment harmless comment in regards to a prospect. What do you expect? For us to watch 40 games or so to decide that if a prospect is nhl ready or not? Lets say Horvat had a strong tourny instead, Canucks fans are thinking he will be NHL ready, I can say

"You really shouldnt judge NHL readiness by a two week tournament."

heck some fans even after 4 point night are saying "we need Horvat right now" and probably haven't even seen the guy play!

What are you arguing here? That one poster made a "mere comment harmless comment" and mine is somehow an attack on him or something?

And yes, my expectation is that you watch more than a two week tournament to comment on a players NHL readiness. I say this about ALL prospects. A two week tournament, good or bad, does not make an NHL career nor is it an accurate display of a players talent. There have been countless players that make WJC and play well and do nothing in the NHL.

Edited by Phamda

What are you arguing here? That one poster made a "mere comment harmless comment" and mine is somehow an attack on him or something?

And yes, my expectation is that you watch more than a two week tournament to comment on a players NHL readiness. I say this about ALL prospects. A two week tournament, good or bad, does not make an NHL career nor is it an accurate display of a players talent. There have been countless players that make WJC and play well and do nothing in the NHL.

ryan parent is a prine example of that.

What we need right now is to give our top prospects some seasoning at the NHL level. This year is quickly shaping up to be a write off, and next year with a year on our star players like the Sedins, Burrows and Luongo I can't see us getting any stronger. The time is nigh to get our prospects some exposure.

i'd only be comfortable giving our AHLers a shot. the time is right not to make knee herk decisions and derail the developement of our future core players.

0 G and 0 A with 2 PIMs in an 8-1 win tonight. wont let me look at the monday game results

Picking times to post in this thread. How do I know? You say 'it won't let me look at game results' as an excuse whenever Gaunce has a good game and you post whenever he has 1 or less points in a game.

Picking times to post in this thread. How do I know? You say 'it won't let me look at game results' as an excuse whenever Gaunce has a good game and you post whenever he has 1 or less points in a game.

Except not really. The website doesn't work for some game logs, although I'm glad Millerdraft made that post earlier. Anyway the game I was talking about he only had 1 assist. I would have no reason to not post that if I knew, since I've posted better stats for him than that before. You're a joke Pears.

Except not really. The website doesn't work for some game logs, although I'm glad Millerdraft made that post earlier. Anyway the game I was talking about he only had 1 assist. I would have no reason to not post that if I knew, since I've posted better stats for him than that before. You're a joke Pears.

hey hey hey no ones a joke here. lets not get personal. you share a different opinion of gaunce than most (in which you are entitled to as long as you post fair stats and intelligent arguments). lets just keep it hockey ladies.

Why don't you show me the tape of him "dominating". And I'm not just talking highlight packages.

Until then, GTFO Pears. I've had enough of you.

I've had enough of your BS hate on Gaunce. And by dominating I mean the multiple 2-3+ point games he's had this season and you disappear for awhile after.

Edited by Pears

Why don't you show me the tape of him "dominating". And I'm not just talking highlight packages.

Until then, GTFO Pears. I've had enough of you.

How is he supposed to show you tape that isn't a highlight package?

You really are making yourself out to look like a tool.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers
  • Upvote 1

Yeah... it's called watching the games.

He said tape as in a recording of something that has previously happened...

If he wants to get together and have a play date, and watch the game live then maybe he shoulda said that.

The fact that Eries coach thinks enough of Gaunce to play him on the top line instead of upcoming phenom McDavid should say a lot about his play.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers
  • Upvote 2