The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I think that would make sense only when a prospect proves to be ready. Jensen has yet to put up points consistently in the AHL (like Vey did before making the jump with us this year) and Shinkaruk is still too raw and need seasoning. I think the trade for a draft pick is only justified in a case where an injury occurs, then we call a prospect up who proves ready, and then we move Hansen when the injured player is ready to return.

Making cap space for a PMD can be done very easily with a cap dump just before making the trade. No reason to get rid of a solid roster player right now just in case there is a PMD available some time this season.

Our prospects aren't ready either - so making a trade for a draft pick doesn't make sense at this point.

Maybe at the trade deadline or near the new year.

No sorry. Just curious why people wanted to trade Hansen so much for a draft pick.

Back to Bo - I am really excited to see him in a regular season game. Probably next Friday vs EDM.

Horvat made the team and Green said Jensen is ready bro, it was just a matter of numbers.

Horvat.

Well even with Horvat have a 23-man roster, so we don't need to trade Hansen.

Horvat made the team and Green said Jensen is ready bro, it was just a matter of numbers.

As I just said above, even with Horvat, we are within the 23-man roster limit. As for Jensen, no he is not ready. See Toffoli, Pearson and Vey's numbers in the AHL before making the jump and having immediate impact in the NHL. Until Jensen shows that kind of jump at the AHL level, he'll probably remain the 1st injury callup.

I would look to move him for some more defensive depth, but it all depends, you have to see whats out there, I just think moving Hansen is something we should look at, whether its a pick (wouldn't be too bad) or else another player of his caliber at a different position.

The other thing is though, say we get a 3rd and/or a 4th out of a Hansen trade, those are assets we could use in another deal to get a depth roster player if need be.

Yeah I'd be down to add a 7th/8th defenseman instead of carrying 14 forwards.

We could flip a 3rd/4th for a forward like we did with Dorsett, for sure.

Horvat has not made the team; he is injured and can't be sent down. He has a lot to prove if he is given the 9 games, as he will not be gifted a postion.

Jensen is playing on the 3rd line in Utica. Isn't he supposed to be a top 6 player? He may be getting close to being ready, but I would think he could make the top 6 on an AHL team if he actually were ready.

@Higgy fan. Green is putting Jensen on the 3rd line in Utica cause the canucks want him to play the third line. they need to see how he can do....

That's what I said before, Jensen is getting played with gritty defensive players (with skill) to get him to be better defensively and grittier.

Line counting in Utica is non sensical until they see what they have, with so much turn over and growth.

For the Canucks;

Willie said after the first line it is all equal and other then liking the Bonino line now, players will be moved around.

They are all 2nd lines after the Sedins if we can get Horvat playing like he can.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

He has a limited no trade doesn't he? Doesn't that mean Benning would just need to ask for a list of teams he'd go to? I don't know how all the NTC/NMC dealies work.

IIRC, limited asks for about 10 teams he is okay with being traded to, no-trade requires consent (waive) to move at all, and no-move simply means he can't go anywhere.

That's what I've always thought...

EDIT: Does the no-move also mean the player can't be sent to the minors? I may have read something like that somewhere...

Edited by Canucks1219

I agree

Trade Hansen, but if Dorsett gets a 3rd from NYR and Garrison gets a 2nd from TB, I would hope for something like a 3rd+ a 4th or 5th, but I would do the trade for a 3rd

And I get that its only been a s few pre season and 2 season games where Hansen has been crap, but does he really offer so much that it is worth returning Bo to Jr. CoHo wasn't half the defensive or responsible player Bo is and we still kept him for most of a season as a 4th liner before he broke out the next year.

I wouldn't move Jensen up, I would insert Horvat, move Matthias to the wing and give Horavt a good look for 9 games. If he does well, keep him and you can always lone him to Team Canada for WJC. I would bring up Jensen when the first injury strikes

If our identity is that of a 4 line team , then why would we trade Hansen? Hes the perfect 3rd or 4th line player. Fast, decent hands and tenacious.

• Upvote 1

@Higgy fan. Green is putting Jensen on the 3rd line in Utica cause the canucks want him to play the third line. they need to see how he can do....

That's not how player development works...

Linden Vey played 1st line minutes in the AHL and is playing on the 3rd line now. Jensen can learn to be defensively solid and play responsible in his own zone getting 1st line minutes and then playing on the 3rd line in the NHL when he's called up. I'm sure there is another reason Jensen is playing there.

Horvat will get 9 games and if he does well in the dot and can pk well, he might have a chance to stick. Neither things Mattius is great at. We need all these guys though , we will have injuries. So unless someone is going to give us a 2015 second round pick for Hansen I dont see the point right now.

PMD... Tanev has it in him, it may take a little time yet.

This is what I think too.

I don't think he'll ever become a puck rushing d-man like Cam Fowler, but with the way he's handled himself on the power play and with his exceptional decision making skills, I can see him becoming a very sound two-way puck moving D. Those are rare and I can actually see him becoming one of those guys.

This is what I think too.

I don't think he'll ever become a puck rushing d-man like Cam Fowler, but with the way he's handled himself on the power play and with his exceptional decision making skills, I can see him becoming a very sound two-way puck moving D. Those are rare and I can actually see him becoming one of those guys.

The dude is a sponge that keeps getting bigger and better, it's the brains and a lot more!

Getting shots through > shooting hard and getting them blocked/missing the net.

I've been saying it for a long time, Tanev has legitimate offensive potential. So glad people are finally seeing it. Benning is a moron for not locking Tanev up to a 5-6 year 4-5m per year contract.

Anyways, I can't see why Horvat won't be ready for Friday's game. Looking forward to his NHL debut.