The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm not comparing the two players, but I can really see Horvat forming a chemistry with Virtanen, similar to the Perry/Getzlaf pair.

Virtanen and Perry's style are very similar.

Horvat and Getzlaf not really, but they have that same swagger in them.

Edited by timberz21

I'm not comparing the two players, but I can really see Horvat forming a chemistry with Virtanen, similar to the Perry/Getzlaf pair.

Virtanen and Perry's style are very similar.

Horvat and Getzlaf not really, but they have that same swagger in them.

Perry is probably one of the slowest snipers in the NHL. Virtanen can flat out burn. The comparison ends right there

For once in a long time, the Canucks have two of the best bottom 6 centers in the league. Sure Matthiad and Horvat are currently on hot streaks, but that combo of size, speed and scoring down the middle is the biggest reason we're scoring goals and winning games right now with Bonino playing injured.

Next season I want to see Horvat score 20 goals, 40ish points and really push for our second line center spot.

we just need some youth and swagger in the top 6 and we may have a decently competitive team

4 points (1g, 3a) versus the Blackhawks in 2 games.

The Blackhawks play-by-play guy called him the "Blackhawks-killer" when he scored, before mentioning the 4 points in (at the time) 4.5 periods versus Chicago.

EDIT: He's also 67% (22/33 wins) in the faceoff circle against them.

It's because he wants to show up Toews.

To be honest, I was one of the big doubters originally. I wanted Nichushkin and I wanted him bad, at a time when physicality/scoring was/still is one of our biggest issues I couldn't believe we passed up on that kid. But two years down the road I couldn't have been more wrong about Bo.

Even if he doesn't end up being a top six guy points wise the kid is a born leader. You can see it in his demeanour and the persistent, blue collar way he approaches the game night in and night out. Our future still is a little hazy with our prospect pool in its current state but its damn good to know we have a gem like this kid paving the way for the next generation.

Thank the hockey gods we took this guy over Nichushkin. Horvat is the kind of player who wins playoff games. Nichushkin is a great prospect but hes more of a complimentary player.

We'll have to wait and see if this is simply a nice hot streak he's on or if it's just his trajectory but MAN he's taken flight lately.

I've been pretty pro-Bo from the get go and one of the stronger proponents for him sticking with the big squad at the beginning of the year...but his play in the last few weeks has exceeded what even I was expecting from him towards the END of this year, never mind just passed the midway point.

If he can keep anything close to this up or *gulp* continue improving this season...holy hell! :shock::towel:

I thought Bo was going to be a great player in the league but not nearly this quickly either. Im not complaining.

It's because of all the garbage goals he's been scoring - we need pucks on net and a garbage collector in front

Of his 6 goals, 3 of them are rebounds banged in from the front of the net

vs FLA - follows up his own rebound with 2-3 whacks at the puck for a rebound goal

vs BUF - follows up Kassian's wrap-around with a rebound chance, then buries a rebound of that rebound chance

vs CHI - follws up Kenins' shot from the point with Hansen as net presence, beat Rundblad to the puck for a rebound

and of course, his pre-season goal vs SJS which his latest goal vs CHI was a carbon copy of:

Good luck Bo on potentially his first real look on the PP in a non blowout game

Edited by Dasein

I know it's nice that Horvat's faceoff % is high but the importance of faceoffs is often over exaggerated; there are other components of the game that matter much more than faceoffs.

His offensive zone starts are at 52.3% and his offensive finished are at 43.9%.

His relCorsi is the worst on the canucks at -16.8

The quality of competition he faces has gone up which is good, whereas his quality of teams mates has stayed very low.

He has performed better the last 10 or so games, probably because he has finally started to feel comfortable and thus has created some offense which was non-existent at the start of the season. So far he has played as expected - a fourth liner. However in context of him being a 19 year old that is very good. Just to be a 19 year old playing in the NHL is good.

Very pleased with the progress of Horvat, but also with WD.

I've been complaining all year Bo wasn't playing enough, but with his recent success Horvat has regularly seen more ice-time (13-14min) and now 2nd PP time. I guess I was a little impatient, as I was expecting this early January-ish. So I guess, to have it happen 1-1.5 month after is not that bad.

If Horvat's only PP contribution is to win more faceoff and establish early off-zone time, we're already better on the PP.

I wouldn't mind also seeing Vey back with the first unit and Burrows on the 2nd. Burrows is a veteran and he also creates a lot of opportunities and gets puck to the net. With Bo picking up the garbage, he could potentially net a few ones on the PP.

Edited by timberz21

His offensive zone starts are at 52.3% and his offensive finished are at 43.9%.

that's a very misleading stat, since he usually changes once the other team's line dumps the puck into our end and they change as well. it doesn't mean that they immediately went from the offensive zone to the defensive zone and stayed there the entire shift.

Very pleased with the progress of Horvat, but also with WD.

I've been complaining all year Bo wasn't playing enough, but with his recent success Horvat has regularly seen more ice-time (13-14min) and now 2nd PP time. I guess I was a little impatient, as I was expecting this early January-ish. So I guess, to have it happen 1-1.5 month after is not that bad.

If Horvat's only PP contribution is to win more faceoff and establish early off-zone time, we're already better on the PP.

I wouldn't mind also seeing Vey back with the first unit and Burrows on the 2nd. Burrows is a veteran and he also creates a lot of opportunities and gets puck to the net. With Bo picking up the garbage, he could potentially net a few ones on the PP.

I disagree I think Burr is best on the 1st unit just because he's been there many times before, can read the Sedins, and he knows how to cause havoc in front of the net, whereas Vey just parks in the slot (not necessarily a bad thing). That being said, I think if Kassian keeps progressing (crossing fingers), we might see him on the PP sooner than later.

I didn't know Horvat got PP time! Was this last game?

I disagree I think Burr is best on the 1st unit just because he's been there many times before, can read the Sedins, and he knows how to cause havoc in front of the net, whereas Vey just parks in the slot (not necessarily a bad thing). That being said, I think if Kassian keeps progressing (crossing fingers), we might see him on the PP sooner than later.

I didn't know Horvat got PP time! Was this last game?

1361493969_iverson.jpg