The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB on TSN1040: draft + Lucic + Stamkos + PK Subban talk

TheRussianRocket.

35 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I guess we are going to disagree.  That's OK.  I just think that leaving a deal to the last possible second when there is plenty of time available is a low class move.  Doesn't mean that many people don't employ that strategy to turn up the heat and put the pressure on, I just don't like being treated that way myself and I see no reason to treat others that way.  It's disrespectful. 

I still don't get your feudal comment, that would imply that one party IS under the direct control of the other.  But whatever...

...will this draft ever get under way so we can have something more meaningful to talk about.

Hahahahaha. I get what you're saying about waiting to the final second, but in a business transaction, it's sadly usually about the bottom line, and considerations are window dressing.

The feudal enterprise comment is a metaphor.....anyways, yeah.....the draft.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hahahahaha. I get what you're saying about waiting to the final second, but in a business transaction, it's sadly usually about the bottom line, and considerations are window dressing.

The feudal enterprise comment is a metaphor.....anyways, yeah.....the draft.

I understand metaphor, that just wasn't a particularly good one.  Can we move on now, or do you want the last lash on the dead equine?

4 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Friedman saying the best the Canucks can offer for Subban is Horvat, Tanev, and 5th overall.

While that makes sense from Montreal's perspective, just too rich for Vancouver's blood as were aren't stockpiled enough to be giving these types of assets away.

Friedman seems to have become an extremist.  Where he was the voice of moderation for all parties which gave him his credibility.

IRL could we afford to trade Horvat? No.

1 minute ago, nux_win said:

I understand metaphor, that just wasn't a particularly good one.  Can we move on now, or do you want the last lash on the dead equine?

I'm not holding you back, nux_win, you're free to leave at any time and take your grammatical pretentions with you.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm not holding you back, nux_win, you're free to leave at any time and take your grammatical pretentions with you.

Hmm, just when I thought it was getting a little more friendly.  No offense meant, just being playful. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You still here? Last lash is yours. Enjoy it.....the small victories in life, eh?

OK, I'll bite.  Enjoy the draft and see you around.  I'm sure we'll find something else to "discuss".

On 24/06/2016 at 3:10 PM, Rush17 said:

A trade is likely from Montreal. Believed to be Subban. As per source by mtl that rene reporter.

Gm said confident a move will be made tonight

Yeah they quoted Montreal's GM saying a deal is about to happen on the pre draft coverage on Sportsnet 

Just now, Xur said:

Yeah they quoted Montreal's GM saying a deal is about to happen on the pre draft coverage on Sportsnet 

Interesting. I know in the past they usually make them await til the draft is live to announce though.

On 24/06/2016 at 3:15 PM, Rush17 said:

Interesting. I know in the past they usually make them await til the draft is live to announce though.

Yeah there not saying what the deal is but they are speculating it's with Edmonton 

40 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Benning doesn't seem happy when he was asked about Subban on Sportsnet.  

Hope we land a gem. This tampering crap better not affect our outcome.

Might have something to do with Sportsnet lacking any journalistic credibility. 

4 hours ago, Xur said:

Yup, they made a move. Nothing to do with Subban, but they made a move. After making his first round selection he said he's not looking to move Subban but he can't stop people from calling to ask. He also said Subban will be a Hab for a long, long time. Seems Quebec reporters are no better than ours. lol

On 24/06/2016 at 7:19 PM, Baggins said:

Yup, they made a move. Nothing to do with Subban, but they made a move. After making his first round selection he said he's not looking to move Subban but he can't stop people from calling to ask. He also said Subban will be a Hab for a long, long time. Seems Quebec reporters are no better than ours. lol

It's probably for the best. I think after the last couple days that our reporters may be better. What  a sad state of journalism does that put the French Canadian's in

Archived