The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BDA

xereau

56 minutes ago, Blue_Jays_Canucks said:

Matthew Tkachuk is way too slow guys. Trust me on that. 

Of course we should trust you over all the professional scouts that say that he is one of the top players in this year's draft. I am sure you have seen him live as often as any of those scouts have.

Just now, coastal1 said:

Of course we should trust you over all the professional scouts that say that he is one of the top players in this year's draft. I am sure you have seen him live as often as any of those scouts have.

I trust JB's eye on these guys.  He saw Juiolevvi and Tkatchuk play enough to decide the guy he picked is: a better player, has a higher ceiling, and will help our team win more.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I trust JB's eye on these guys.  He saw Juiolevvi and Tkatchuk play enough to decide the guy he picked is: a better player, has a higher ceiling, and will help our team win more.  

Alf if your unsure about Juolevi watch the WJC YouTube game against team canada. I think you will be more then impressed with him.

Columbus really screwed us here. Teased us with the possibility of pulujujujarvieez and also took our PLD. 

And to think.. Columbus is the team we were chasing and eventually overtook at the end of our tank. They take our 3rd pick then bend us over twice more.

That kind of luck is almost comedic. 

All that being said.. I'm OK with Juolevi over Tkachuk. I'm not overly happy with how it panned out but I feel Benning did fine considering.

Just now, Jam126 said:

The thing about Tkachuk wasn't that he was playing on a powerhouse team, he was playing on a powerhouse line. He also had a lot of secondary assists.

Fair enough, but Juolevi played with Tkachuks linemates as well being their teams top defenseman, and one would assume more often than not on the powerplay. So wouldn't he have benefited from their prowess as well? 

Again, I'm not doubting anyone who has knowledge about them, which I do not, yet it seems to me as top players on a stacked team they both would benefit from that wealth of talent. No?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Juliovvi is a good pick.  

Great!,  you are not alone the Calgary Flamz agree with you you want this guy a 5 when he is rated 6. To 10 and the Flames Fantasy is MT you trade down AHHHHHHHHHH Stupid is what Stupid gets!!!!!

Just now, jockothedog said:

Great!,  you are not alone the Calgary Flamz agree with you you want this guy a 5 when he is rated 6. To 10 and the Flames Fantasy is MT you trade down AHHHHHHHHHH Stupid is what Stupid gets!!!!!

The Calgary Flemes didn't bother with Benning Bad Picks because they didn't think MTK would be ther at 5 you have to be in a BUBBLE not to know the FLEMES wanted Mathew!!!

1 minute ago, jockothedog said:

I have no clue what you just tried to say.  I think I agree with you though.  The Fames wanted Juiolevvi too, so us trading down would have meant losing him.  

2 minutes ago, jockothedog said:

wel iff ths clgary flamz agree then I gess it realy wuz a stooped pick. defencmen r so easy to com by. wut a dum move!!!!1

Just now, Alflives said:

I have no clue what you just tried to say.  I think I agree with you though.  The Fames wanted Juiolevvi too, so us trading down would have meant losing him.  

I have No idea what you said but I do know the Flames wanted Mathew not the Fin so you trade down, not that after losing the guy they wanted, they wouldn't have drafted him but every one knew ,except Benning apparently,  who they wanted and tried to get the oilers pick never thought the Canucks would pass so didn't try or outsmarted Benning hahahahaha good guy but not  the smartest card in the deck!!!

Just now, jockothedog said:

I have No idea what you said but I do know the Flames wanted Mathew not the Fin so you trade down, not that after losing the guy they wanted, they wouldn't have drafted him but every one knew ,except Benning apparently,  who they wanted and tried to get the oilers pick never thought the Canucks would pass so didn't try or outsmarted Benning hahahahaha good guy but not  the smartest card in the deck!!!

Oh I see.  Yes, I like Benning too.  

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

don't forget Edler, he can still have a great year next year. 

Edler

Tanev

Hamhuis

Gudbranson

Hutton

Tryamkin

Sbisa

Joulevi

Stecher

Pedan

Subban

Larsen

We could bring up 7 or 8 on the roster and let Joulevi, Stecher, Subban and Pedan still develop in the A. Now the Comets are stacked in D too which is great. I bet Benning will just get the forwards through UFA signing Lucic and Ericsson or maybe Okposo. 

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Reading about Tkachuck not having the best skating and not being a slick scorer thats probably why. I think it really came down to those two things, and now our D is potentially excellent for a long time to come. I'm very pleased. It took me an extra beer to get over the possibility of getting Jesse P but Edmonton's really stupid for not filling such a clear need for them. 

Not a bad pick, would like to see him on the PP with the Sedins next year,  I just feel it would be good to learn from elite players like that while they are still at that level, it would help inflate his points and provide early success and the confidence boost that comes with it.

Havent seen a lot of film of his skating, mostly just highlights of sick plays. I hope the guy develops into a great puck mover, I just dont see the pysical strength to be anything else so it will be interesting to watch him develop, if he isnt putting 40+ points a season I wonder if he has the tool set to still be a top four guy?

Archived