The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Buf Van Col

So just going off the rumors here i think these would be fairly good trades to help make the team more competitive

To Van Evander Kane 30% retained

To Buf Hansen and a conditional 3rd.   Conditions is if canucks keep him on the roster after the expansion draft.

This pretty much makes the contracts even and makes our top six look pretty nice.

To Van Tyson Barrie

To Col Luca Sbisa Columbus second or Van Second which ever is higher and Jake Virtanan

It would suck to send away Jake but you do have to give to get.

Dank Hank Erickson

Kane Sutter/Bo Baer

Etem Bo.sutter Burrows

Dorsett Grandlund Gaunce

Edler Tanev

Barrie Gubber

Hutton Tryamkin

Larsen Bulldog

Just tossing some idea's out as its summer and bored.  What does everyone else think?

5 minutes ago, nuckerfan19 said:

So just going off the rumors here i think these would be fairly good trades to help make the team more competitive

To Van Evander Kane 30% retained

To Buf Hansen and a conditional 3rd.   Conditions is if canucks keep him on the roster after the expansion draft.

This pretty much makes the contracts even and makes our top six look pretty nice.

To Van Tyson Barrie

To Col Luca Sbisa Columbus second or Van Second which ever is higher and Jake Virtanan

It would suck to send away Jake but you do have to give to get.

Dank Hank Erickson

Kane Sutter/Bo Baer

Etem Bo.sutter Burrows

Dorsett Grandlund Gaunce

Edler Tanev

Barrie Gubber

Hutton Tryamkin

Larsen Bulldog

Just tossing some idea's out as its summer and bored.  What does everyone else think?

We can't give anything of real value for Kane. We don't have the cap space to sign Barrie. Who is bulldog?

Not a fan of giving an asset like Hansen away for a problem child in Kane.  If Tim Murray is looking to lose him anyways, why are we adding a pick?  Shouldn't it be the other way around as Evander also carries a $6 million cap hit?  Also, Hansen's pretty much a top-6 guy now so at worst we trade straight-up IMO.

No to Barrie, we don't need more right D and certainly shouldn't shed more future assets.

@SabreFan1 What are your thoughts about Kane for Sbisa?  (Not sure if you've answered anything about that in another thread). In particular, with Kulikov in the fold now and McCabe doing decently, is there a fit?  Gorges is getting up there in age and if he could be shed maybe there's a fit?  Or does Buffalo have a hotshot LHD that they want to put on the bottom pair?  Love to hear your thoughts about this.

12 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Not a fan of giving an asset like Hansen away for a problem child in Kane.  If Tim Murray is looking to lose him anyways, why are we adding a pick?  Shouldn't it be the other way around as Evander also carries a $6 million cap hit?  Also, Hansen's pretty much a top-6 guy now so at worst we trade straight-up IMO.

No to Barrie, we don't need more right D and certainly shouldn't shed more future assets.

@SabreFan1 What are your thoughts about Kane for Sbisa?  (Not sure if you've answered anything about that in another thread). In particular, with Kulikov in the fold now and McCabe doing decently, is there a fit?  Gorges is getting up there in age and if he could be shed maybe there's a fit?  Or does Buffalo have a hotshot LHD that they want to put on the bottom pair?  Love to hear your thoughts about this.

The 3rd is basically them holding back salary for both years as we would need it to sign Barrie.  Other than that its a straight across trade 

I'd prefer Virtanen over Kane as in a couple years he will be better.  Kane was a hot commodity when he was young and scoring (30 goals in his 3rd season) but since then hasn't been worth the hype.  If Jake can continue to develop he will be a much better fit on the ice and in the dressing room than Kane.

And a good as barrie is, canucks have a young PMD in Hutton and Juolevi not far behind who will both be at a significantly less of a cap hit for the next few years.  Add that we are set on RHD with Tanev and Guddy, so adding Barrie doesn't make a ton of sense. 

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'd prefer Virtanen over Kane as in a couple years he will be better.  Kane was a hot commodity when he was young and scoring (30 goals in his 3rd season) but since then hasn't been worth the hype.  If Jake can continue to develop he will be a much better fit on the ice and in the dressing room than Kane.

And a good as barrie is, canucks have a young PMD in Hutton and Juolevi not far behind who will both be at a significantly less of a cap hit for the next few years.  Add that we are set on RHD with Tanev and Guddy, so adding Barrie doesn't make a ton of sense.

Fair enough would you rather have Kane over Hansen is basically the first bit though.  Would never trade Virt for Kane straight up.

I would really like Barrie in Vancouver. With the three shut-down d we have in place (Tanev-Gudbranson-Tryamkin) Barrie is exactly the offensive D man we need. Imagine a year from now Tryamkin-Barrie on 5 on 5 and a few years from now a PP with Barrie-Juolevi.

Yes Hutton was a bright surprise last season, but Barrie is a proven, legit PP QB.

I would not want to lose Virtanen as a piece in getting Barrie, and honestly I think they would prefer Tanev. I'd be ok with losing Virtanen in a Landeskog/Barrie deal though.

18 minutes ago, nuckerfan19 said:

Fair enough would you rather have Kane over Hansen is basically the first bit though.  Would never trade Virt for Kane straight up.

Honestly I'm not sure. Hansen is on a really good cap hit and we are going to need that cap in a few years with Bo, Hutton and madly coming up. I think right now id like to see our young players play out another year and see how the progress. If Sven and Bo become 50+ point getters this year. If Rodin can smoothly transition or even if virtanen can step up and put up some points at the nhl level. It would make the need of a player like Kane a lot less important. Right now those 4 players are question marks so it seems like we might have a hole. But I think our opinions might change by the end of the year with the steps they take. 

40 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Honestly I'm not sure. Hansen is on a really good cap hit and we are going to need that cap in a few years with Bo, Hutton and madly coming up. I think right now id like to see our young players play out another year and see how the progress. If Sven and Bo become 50+ point getters this year. If Rodin can smoothly transition or even if virtanen can step up and put up some points at the nhl level. It would make the need of a player like Kane a lot less important. Right now those 4 players are question marks so it seems like we might have a hole. But I think our opinions might change by the end of the year with the steps they take.

Hansen is on a good contract which is why Buffalo would be retaining 30% of Kane salary to put him around how much Hansen makes.  I agree it is a tough call to make.

I'd try to move Dorsett in one of those deals and instead of Virtanen I'd also try to move one of Edler or Tanev. I think Colorado wants a dman in return of better quality than Sbisa if they do indeed move Barrie. It would hurt to lose Tanev but Gudbranson and Tryamkin will handle the defensive side of things.

That would be awesome.  But don't see how they would go for it.  Maybe if you put Horvat in there instead of Virtanen they might bite.  Barrie is one of the best offensive defenseman in the NHL the past few years, and he hasn't reached his prime yet....

7 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I've answered the trading Kane/Sbisa question a few times.  In short Sbisa won't be anywhere near what Murray wants for Kane.  The Kane situation basically comes down to waiting to see where the police investigation goes.  If he's cleared of the criminal complaints the 2 women filed, the Sabres will find a willing team that will pay a good price for him.  At that point, JB won't have the pieces to afford him.

Until those 2 complaints are cleared against him, he isn't going to garner much of a return from most GMs.

Tanev

Subban

Boeser

2nd round pick

Landeskog

Barrie

3rd round 

B)

We lose a bit of future, but this would make us a bit more competitive 

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Landeskog-Horvat-Virtanen

Bartschi-Sutter-Rodin

Burrows-Granlund-Hansen

Edler-Gudbranson

Hutton-Barrie

Tryamkin-Larsen

Miller

Markstrom

I like the additions of both Barrie and Landeskog, although I think it would take a massive package to get them.

Maybe this is outrageous but long-term I think it adds two core pieces to build around:

Edler, Tanev and Hansen

for

Landeskog, Barrie and Gelinas

Admittedly our defense takes a hit this season, but Landeskog is the young power forward who can be a franchise player up front, and Barrie is the young puck moving defenseman we build around.

Daniel - Henrik - Ericsson

Landeskog - Sutter - Baertschi/Virtanen

Dorsett/Etem - Horvat - Burrows

Etem/Dorsett - Grandlund - Boeser

Hutton - Barrie

Sbisa - Gudbransson

Tryamkin - Gelinas

Larsen

Archived