The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most intense rivalry the Canucks will have?

Canuckler87

It would be cool to be rivals with this new Las Vegas team...in game 7 of the conference finals their coach comes out and says "read my lips: we will beat Vancouver tonight. We will beat Vancouver always." Then  Bo Horvat scores in overtime and we go on to sweep Toronto in 4 for the cup final. 

I think it's going to be the Oilers thanks to Lucic mainly, he's really going to give the Sedins a hard time, and Virtanen will hopefully give McDavid a rough ride. Calgary are a close second.

Obviously the Ducks, Kings and Sharks are there but they're miles ahead of us anyway.

On 7/9/2016 at 5:33 AM, Cowichan Canuck said:

For me it is the Oilers, used to be the Flames.

Partly jealous, but I just hate their guts. Not just their team but also their management and handling of their assets which has vacuumed lottery picks from other teams for almost a decade now because they have no idea how to build a team through a balanced roster. 

Then Puljujarvi falls on their lap this year, makes me sick.

Chiarreli's face when CBJ picked Dubois makes me violent.

Something about McDavid bugs me also and it's not just his jersey.

Plus our hometown BC boys like Lucic and Schultz pick them because they get suckered into phone calls from Gretzky and the hope of playing with McMiserable.

The way Lucic gushed about playing with a 19 year old kid, was embarrassing. Bugs me that McDavid has played half a season and grown men act like little girls from the 60's front row at a Beatles concert.

If Boston was playing Edmonton in the SCF, go Bruins.

I have way way more respect for Calgary than I do for the Oilers.

I have hated the Flames more than any other team since I was 3 years old (I am 37) but the Oilers have managed to climb their way there by their sheer suckitude. 

Archived