The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most intense rivalry the Canucks will have?

Canuckler87

1 hour ago, Hobbes!!! said:

Remember when Wild fans thought we were their biggest rivals and we were all like wuuuuuuuut?!

haha good times 

Was actually a decent divisional rivalry back in the day, the Canucks were always way better than the Wild but they played us well every time and the matchups were usually even.

ANYBODY that gets in between us and the cup.  Local rivalries?  Meh.  We have to set our sights beyond that, to the promised land.  And to get there we have to get up for every single opponent and take them all down one at a time. GCG!

2 hours ago, Hobbes!!! said:

Remember when Wild fans thought we were their biggest rivals and we were all like wuuuuuuuut?!

haha good times 

Most teams dislike the Canucks...The Avs were a HUGE rival of ours during the WCE days, the Coil and Lames were bad back then and we were constantly fighting it out with the Avs.

Bruins Fans hate us

Blackhawk fans hate us

Wild fans hate us

Coil fans hate us

Lames fans hate us

our own fans hate us

3 hours ago, Cowichan Canuck said:

For me it is the Oilers, used to be the Flames.

Partly jealous, but I just hate their guts. Not just their team but also their management and handling of their assets which has vacuumed lottery picks from other teams for almost a decade now because they have no idea how to build a team through a balanced roster. 

Then Puljujarvi falls on their lap this year, makes me sick.

Chiarreli's face when CBJ picked Dubois makes me violent.

Something about McDavid bugs me also and it's not just his jersey.

Plus our hometown BC boys like Lucic and Schultz pick them because they get suckered into phone calls from Gretzky and the hope of playing with McMiserable.

The way Lucic gushed about playing with a 19 year old kid, was embarrassing. Bugs me that McDavid has played half a season and grown men act like little girls from the 60's front row at a Beatles concert.

If Boston was playing Edmonton in the SCF, go Bruins.

I have way way more respect for Calgary than I do for the Oilers.

This right here lol.

30 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

Most teams dislike the Canucks...The Avs were a HUGE rival of ours during the WCE days, the Coil and Lames were bad back then and we were constantly fighting it out with the Avs.

Bruins Fans hate us

Blackhawk fans hate us

Wild fans hate us

Coil fans hate us

Lames fans hate us

our own fans hate us

Just remember, the negative haters are usually the loudest, I know plenty of fans of those other teams that don't actually hate the Canucks....don't really care about the Canucks either, but don't hate them.

I can really only think of two teams that actively hate HATE each other and it's unanimous throughout the entire fanbase. Montreal and Boston lol.

I know some would say Montreal and Leafs but I think that's more of a one way hate now because I doubt the Habs fans consider the Leafs a threat anymore.

6 minutes ago, snipes2539 said:

Just remember, the negative haters are usually the loudest, I know plenty of fans of those other teams that don't actually hate the Canucks....don't really care about the Canucks either, but don't hate them.

I can really only think of two teams that actively hate HATE each other and it's unanimous throughout the entire fanbase. Montreal and Boston lol.

I know some would say Montreal and Leafs but I think that's more of a one way hate now because I doubt the Habs fans consider the Leafs a threat anymore.

Fr the Leafs its more the Sens although I do prefer the Ottawa Montreal games. That is true hate. Not as bad as the old Habs Bruins hate but getting there.

Just now, Ojibwa72 said:

Fr the Leafs its more the Sens although I do prefer the Ottawa Montreal games. That is true hate. Not as bad as the old Habs Bruins hate but getting there.

But that's my point, Habs and Bruins hate is the longest standing heated rivalry where the fans and the teams truly truly hate one another.  I can't think of another pair of teams where that type of rivalry and hate exists.

I hope the Canucks can close to that type of rivalry with another team in the next 10 years or something...that means we likely would've won a cup by then because that's where the real hate and rivalries are born.

On-ice rivalries are dynamic and outside of a few original six match-ups rarely stand the test of time. A great example is Calgary-Edmonton. The "battle of Alberta" has been a snooze-fest for the better part of the last decade. Pretty hard for the intensity to rise to "rivalry level" when your team isn't competing for anything meaningful. The Canucks have had a few through the years, and they are almost always as a result of playoff encounters- which leads me to believe that we may be a few years away from experiencing another one. Unless of course you are referring to fan rivalries, in which case I would say we have a pretty good rivalry with loser flames fans. 

4 hours ago, Cowichan Canuck said:

For me it is the Oilers, used to be the Flames.

Partly jealous, but I just hate their guts. Not just their team but also their management and handling of their assets which has vacuumed lottery picks from other teams for almost a decade now because they have no idea how to build a team through a balanced roster. 

Then Puljujarvi falls on their lap this year, makes me sick.

Chiarreli's face when CBJ picked Dubois makes me violent.

Something about McDavid bugs me also and it's not just his jersey.

Plus our hometown BC boys like Lucic and Schultz pick them because they get suckered into phone calls from Gretzky and the hope of playing with McMiserable.

The way Lucic gushed about playing with a 19 year old kid, was embarrassing. Bugs me that McDavid has played half a season and grown men act like little girls from the 60's front row at a Beatles concert.

If Boston was playing Edmonton in the SCF, go Bruins.

I have way way more respect for Calgary than I do for the Oilers.

image.jpeg

Just now, hlinkas wrister said:

Are you old enough to remember the Canadiens-Nordiques ? 

yes and that in itself was always a good one. But saying that I always remember knuckles Nilan being tossed out of the bruins games and punching out the exit sign behind the bench when the Bruins were in town.

1 minute ago, Ojibwa72 said:

yes and that in itself was always a good one. But saying that I always remember knuckles Nilan being tossed out of the bruins games and punching out the exit sign behind the bench when the Bruins were in town.

Nilan, what a beauty. Boston fans must have hated one of their own taking it to them. 

Archived