The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'm making eye contact but it looks like I'm not

sakage.shinga

So here's something I'm finding annoying and wondering what's causing this. I've noticed that when I get my picture taken or I'm talking to people that, even though I'm looking straight at the lens or making eye contact with people, it'll look like I'm not and instead it appears that I'm looking just slightly off to the side. It looks weird haha and annoying. Basically I'll have to actually look off to the other side to compensate and even then it still doesn't look like I'm making eye contact.

Could it be my contacts? I'm nearsighted so can't really test it out without contacts since I wouldn't be able to see anything.

33 minutes ago, sakage.shinga said:

So here's something I'm finding annoying and wondering what's causing this. I've noticed that when I get my picture taken or I'm talking to people that, even though I'm looking straight at the lens or making eye contact with people, it'll look like I'm not and instead it appears that I'm looking just slightly off to the side. It looks weird haha and annoying. Basically I'll have to actually look off to the other side to compensate and even then it still doesn't look like I'm making eye contact.

Could it be my contacts? I'm nearsighted so can't really test it out without contacts since I wouldn't be able to see anything.

You're actually from an alternate dimension and have accidentally broken through the space-time continuum...

....almost.

Maybe lazy eye(s)? My old roommate had something like this. Every few years she had a  mini surgery to get the muscles around her eyes tightened, and it would straighten her eyes. Over time the muscles would weaken/loosen, and her eyes would drift slightly in different directions. It didn't affect her vision at all, it was just unsightly (no pun intended) so she would get it fixed. Maybe visit an optometrist to start.

1 hour ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Maybe lazy eye(s)? My old roommate had something like this. Every few years she had a  mini surgery to get the muscles around her eyes tightened, and it would straighten her eyes. Over time the muscles would weaken/loosen, and her eyes would drift slightly in different directions. It didn't affect her vision at all, it was just unsightly (no pun intended) so she would get it fixed. Maybe visit an optometrist to start.

But she's really nice and very intelligent...? You're so mean! Lmao.

Does she fart all the time too?

OP - don't worry bud, it will only appear that you're really not interested in what people are saying and they'll be very impressed that you know what they're talking about when quizzed, they'll think you're a time traveller or something!

I have ADHD and just gap out all the time, right in the middle of conversation, at important meetings, etc, and I get busted just staring off into space. I've done just fine, you'll be okay, space cadet.

Archived