The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks have had internal discussions about moving Edler

28 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Wow...not even close. You are overestimating Edler's worth. But if Edler were to be traded right now it would have to be for immediate help. The only way he is moved for futures is at the deadline.

edler could get a 7-15th overall pick at draft  thats his value  at deadline add a second rounder for a team overpaying 

8 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

i hope edler and sedins burr, miller, hansen again have monster yrs  stats wise  raise there trade value  six players maximizing their trade value for trade deadline would be awesome next yrs team will at least have 2 of these guys gone  boesser, demko, juolevi, olson, subban all with a yr more development pushing next yr for spots. vegas might pick up one of sbisa or dorsett so one less crappy contract in van 

Just an honest question.  How many players has JB traded away at the previous TDLs?  :(

3 hours ago, goblix said:

Push someone out of their comfort zone or their perceived level of ability and he's going to look inconsistent. I mean when your defending 25-30 minutes a night against Crosby / Ovechkin / other superstars they are also going to make you look inconsistent.

He'd probably look good with a true #1 beside him or on the second pairing with less of a load to take on the superstars on.

Anyways the main point here is that we still don't have a true #1 defenceman... so are you really going to push 3 or 4 raw rookie dmen into top 6 roles ? I don't think so. Hell I mean we finally have 5/6 spots filled with actual NHL caliber skilled defenders.

Why not ride that into the season or 2 at the least. When Sedins contract is up then Edler has 1 more year left where he could be a great rental commodity or likely tradeable at the start of the season.

So you're essentially agreeing with me that he ISN'T a top pairing guy. Good. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Just an honest question.  How many players has JB traded away at the previous TDLs?  :(

true but he might get better offers if players have good yrs  

burr can help teams in playoffs on pk

miller could help teams who need vet backup  eecially if a team like blues ducks hawks sharks get injuries late in season 

last yr dallas screwed us so there was no market for hamhuis few yr before leafs and nonis screwed us when we were trying to trade luongo at deadline whixh marked the end of gillis in van.

the more draft picks benning can get in next yrs draft the more gems benning can get for our future. Plus all cap coming off next yr miller, burr  and vegas grabbing dorsett or sbisa means we can afford hutton, tryamkin, guddy and horvat extensions.

46 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Wow...not even close. You are overestimating Edler's worth. But if Edler were to be traded right now it would have to be for immediate help. The only way he is moved for futures is at the deadline.

Yah true that buds. It's pretty hard to move Edler without receiving a equal or better return including a Nuk high draft pick. Think your right he won't be moved anytime soon unless he has a stellar season by trade deadline.

5 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

true but he might get better offers if players have good yrs  

burr can help teams in playoffs on pk

miller could help teams who need vet backup  eecially if a team like blues ducks hawks sharks get injuries late in season 

last yr dallas screwed us so there was no market for hamhuis few yr before leafs and nonis screwed us when we were trying to trade luongo at deadline whixh marked the end of gillis in van.

the more draft picks benning can get in next yrs draft the more gems benning can get for our future. Plus all cap coming off next yr miller, burr  and vegas grabbing dorsett or sbisa means we can afford hutton, tryamkin, guddy and horvat extensions.

I sure hope you're right, and JB does (finally) get some value at the TDL.

14 minutes ago, CyberKing said:

Edler and a 1st plus the torts pick for Landeskog. I think that could work

Take out the 1st and that would work for me.

Edler + 2nd (potentially a top 40 second at that) .

For Landeskog  (Col probably values him more though and would want another part returning like a young prospect.)

Would Benning deal a first though?

I don't think he would unless it was the main component of a deal.. thats just me though,

Just now, Rush17 said:

Take out the 1st and that would work for me.

Edler + 2nd (potentially a top 40 second at that) .

For Landeskog  (Col probably values him more though and would want another part returning like a young prospect.)

Would Benning deal a first though?

I don't think he would unless it was the main component of a deal.. thats just me though,

But Landeskog is like drafting a 1st or 2nd overall. We should trade our first now because most teams think we will finish bottom 5 again. I would only want Liljejren Patrick and Foote in this draft. No one else 

18 minutes ago, CyberKing said:

Edler and a 1st plus the torts pick for Landeskog. I think that could work

I would not make that deal ..  Im not overvaluing Edler but Im not going to undervalue him or what could be a very high pick in the 1st round .  No freaking way ..  If another team wants to pay that much for Landeskog then they can have him .  

Just now, Lulover88 said:

I would not make that deal ..  Im not overvaluing Edler but Im not going to undervalue him or what could be a very high pick in the 1st round .  No freaking way ..  If another team wants to pay that much for Landeskog then they can have him .  

But we are probably gonna go to the playoffs this year. A first for Landeskog isn't that bad unless its 1st to 3rd OA

1 minute ago, CyberKing said:

But Landeskog is like drafting a 1st or 2nd overall. We should trade our first now because most teams think we will finish bottom 5 again. I would only want Liljejren Patrick and Foote in this draft. No one else 

True. 

but drafting a top 3 overall player is not the same as acquiring ones.  It's like buying a car it loses value once it has been used off the lot for a few seasons.  Truth is he's a valuable player but having the player drafted in your city has more value then bringing in an outsider top pick.  I would of dealt our top 5 pick for him but i wouldn't deal a top 3 pick for him unless I needed an immediate boost.  (Thats just me though im silly :))

Just now, Rush17 said:

True. 

but drafting a top 3 overall player is not the same as acquiring ones.  It's like buying a car it loses value once it has been used off the lot for a few seasons.  Truth is he's a valuable player but having the player drafted in your city has more value then bringing in an outsider top pick.  I would of dealt our top 5 pick for him but i wouldn't deal a top 3 pick for him unless I needed an immediate boost.  (Thats just me though im silly :))

But we are most likely making the playoffs. Thats like saying Edler 15th to 30th OA, and the torts pick

1 minute ago, Lulover88 said:

I like the way you think dude !!!   a little positivity !!!   ok !!!   ill take it !!!

I think this new poster is really Jim Benning trying his ideas on us before he pulls the trigger.  If the letters of CyberKing are really (I mean really) jumbled up you get Jim Benning.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I think this new poster is really Jim Benning trying his ideas on us before he pulls the trigger.  If the letters of CyberKing are really (I mean really) jumbled up you get Jim Benning.  

So your saying I'm JB

So your saying I'm JB

I WAS NOT a straight a student.  :lol:. You are pretty darned smart about hockey for 12.  Except liking Eberle (and Digestives) I can't find argument in any of your proposals, and your justification for each.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I WAS NOT a straight a student.  :lol:. You are pretty darned smart about hockey for 12.  Except liking Eberle (and Digestives) I can't find argument in any of your proposals, and your justification for each.  

On my first 2017 Canucks thread you said is child making these trades or something like that

On my first 2017 Canucks thread you said is child making these trades or something like that

Are you part elephant?  You have a memory like one.  :lol:

I enjoy CDC, and like having fun here.  Where else could a very old, scooter driving, s'more lover discuss hockey with a 12 year old, digestive eating, straight A student?  

Archived