The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks have had internal discussions about moving Edler

I hate to be that guy but I think everyone's at least considered the possibilities that OP's linked post has suggested.  

Move Edler if Hutton's ready and Nikita continues to progress.  Keep Sbisa for 3rd pair or move him and work in Pedan.  Work in Olli only if he's ready to make the team.  Talk about original.   

7 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

So what? You think edler still has a chance at winning one? Dude wont even be able to crack the all star team roster

we dont need him to win ...    if this dude was even part of the conversation, we would be laughing all the way to the bank 

So if his two team selections are Avs or Ducks then would this work?

To Avs: Edler, Gaunce and 1st (Lottery protected)

To Nucks: Landeskog, Wiercioch and 4th 

or 

To Ducks: Edler

To Nucks: Fowler (Ducks would lose Fowler in expansion)

7 minutes ago, Odjick_fan said:

So if his two team selections are Avs or Ducks then would this work?

To Avs: Edler, Gaunce and 1st (Lottery protected)

To Nucks: Landeskog, Wiercioch and 4th 

or 

To Ducks: Edler

To Nucks: Fowler (Ducks would lose Fowler in expansion)

Serious!!!   Col would not give up their 1st line Captain and 2nd OA for Edler and a prospect.

to Avs:  Edler, Hansen, 1st

to Van: Landeskog, 2017 3rd

8 minutes ago, whytelight said:

Serious!!!   Col would not give up their 1st line Captain and 2nd OA for Edler and a prospect.

I actually had Baertschi to begin with but kinda defeated purpose of helping develop him lol

but ya Hansen would do

14 minutes ago, whytelight said:

in addition, I think if it was the avs then they would prolly want to trade Duchene since their number 1C will be MacKinnon.  but who knows maybe it would be a soderberg or some other older gent for Edler

2 hours ago, whytelight said:

wow you really under value our players!!!Edler would get you a first plus and Hansen a high second,together 2 first and a prospect.which is what Landeskog is worth but both in our lineup is better.Edler, Gaunce and maybe a 5th would be enough!!!

I think if Edler was traded would be for a 6th to 8th D man for expansion and a scorer 2nd line guy!!!

Edler has been bait for a lot of years. He's now 30, which isn't very old for a Dman. But he does get hurt a lot. Which I kind of think is a byproduct of our team. He's a big boy, so he hits. If he was on a team that didn't need him to, he might fare better.

Right now I believe him to be worth a lot. If he stays healthy he has a good point shot, and generally makes good plays.

I have a lot of love for Edler but he has never been our QB. Once Ehrhoff left, we relied heavily on him (plus a little Salo).

Perhaps Salo carried it a bit but the past couple years have proven that Edler is not a top tier QB which we are lacking.

Perhaps Hutton, Subban or Stecher are.

I think we could definitely pry out some good picks/prospects from a team looking to "win-now". Edler hasn't fallen in value. But to those of us who watch the Canucks, we know he is worth more in a trade than to the team.

It would be a horrible idea to take a multifaceted veteran off the team, when the lack of physical support was the real reason Edler regressed.

Now that being a force on the ice has been passed on to Gudbranson, Edler is free to return to his more fluid offensive game. 

It just feels nice to say the following words - Size isn't an issue here anymore. 

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

PK was a pretty good d man.  And that Jones kid can play, no?  Trading Edler for a young first line forward is certainly a plan with potential.  

Edler is in his prime and at 30 has at least 6 more years at the top  - for us. 

What is the relevance of PK? (he has just been traded and isn't available)

As for Seth Jones, again what are you saying? Are Nashville giving us Seth Jones for Edler?

Both the players you mention would have come at the cost of an arm and a leg for probably little improvement (in the short term) considering what else we would have to shell out.

32 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

As for Seth Jones, again what are you saying? Are Nashville giving us Seth Jones for Edler?

Both the players you mention would have come at the cost of an arm and a leg for probably little improvement (in the short term) considering what else we would have to shell out.

Teams trade elite d men.  Personally, I would keep Edler and trade Tanev to get an elite (young) scoring forward.  I believe Edler is a better player than Tanev.

24 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Jones was traded to Columbus for Johansen and is probably untouchable, i agree just keep Edler. Trading him would create a big hole and force other D into a place they have no right to be in.

Archived