The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

46 minutes ago, brilac said:

Being at the same weight for 6 weeks now!  I have not drank in a month nor ate at the restaurants, and my body is having a hard time loosing weight!

Try a refeed or cheat day to give your leptin levels and metabolism a boost. 

Also try adding an extra hiit session a week if your not already doing too much cardio.  

• Upvote 1
On 1/29/2018 at 9:26 PM, HI5 said:

Try a refeed or cheat day to give your leptin levels and metabolism a boost. 

Also try adding an extra hiit session a week if your not already doing too much cardio.  

Thanks, I will try that! I weighed myself today, and I was at the same weight.  I want to be 10 pounds lighter, and this is hard. I have been doing strength exercises 2x a week, walking 1-2 hours each day, and 20-25 flights of stairs 5x a week, and intaking 1,500 calories.  I would assume if I in took 1,500 calories, I would at least lose a pound.

I plan on eliminating my intake by 300 calories and adding running 1x a week.  Hopefully that will make me lose weight. 

Edited by brilac
correcting my spelling
1 hour ago, brilac said:

Thanks, I will try that! I weighed myself today, and I was at the same weight.  I want to be 10 pounds lighter, and this is hard. I have been doing strength exercises 2x a week, walking 1-2 hours each day, and 20-25 flights of stairs 5x a week, and intaking 1,500 calories.  I would assume if I in took 1,500 calories, I would at least lose a pound.

I plan on eliminating my intake by 300 calories and adding running 1x a week.  Hopefully that will make me lose weight. 

It often takes a couple of months for your body to catch onto changes in diet and exercise regimin. The results will show up if you are consistent. 

Your program is strong.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I worked in a bingo hall when I was 15/16 and there were 4 stalls for 800 women. The 4 of us guys drew straws to see who had ‘ladies’ washroom duty. The horror.

Oh, man, poor guy who got the short straw LOL

I feel really bad for our janitorial staff. 

I signed a lease with a new place in November and moved in December.  I was advised in November when doing my walk thru by the property management that they would call the electric company and have the electric switched over to my name.  I spoke with the property management last month inquiring about W/S/G when I would be billed as well as the electric.  W/S/G is billed to them and then dispersed.  They advised that the electric company is very behind as well as the company that bills for W/S/G, and I would receive a bill for both in February.

Well, I just spoke with the electric company for a balance and when I would receive my bill, and they advised the account is still in the previous tenant's name, but I can transfer the service into my name if I pay Sept - Jan...!  I am furious! I called the property manager and left a message, and I keep telling myself that - No, I am not leaving work to go home and have a face to face conversation, that I will have them handle it, and I will talk with them face to face when I get home if it is not handled by 5.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:02 PM, brilac said:

You are almost going into starvation mode and will start storing fat with that low of a calorie intake.  Eat smaller meals more often and just ride a bike the pounds will melt away.

a pound of fat takes up about four times the space of muscle tissue, it’s possible to look and feel trimmer even if body weight remains the same. Of course, it’s also possible to weigh the same, but look and feel fatter

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

You are almost going into starvation mode and will start storing fat with that low of a calorie intake.  Eat smaller meals more often and just ride a bike the pounds will melt away.

a pound of fat takes up about four times the space of muscle tissue, it’s possible to look and feel trimmer even if body weight remains the same. Of course, it’s also possible to weigh the same, but look and feel fatter

Thanks, I was thinking about eating more calories.  I've been on this eating healthier, cutting out the restaurants and not drinking alcohol since the end of December, and I have not seen the improvement I want.   Can you believe that - cutting out the restaurants and not drinking, as well as lowering my calorie intake and exercising more?! I enjoy being a lush, and enjoy sitting around drinking wine or champagne and watching Hockey and the Bachelor, or a Sunday Afternoon getting my lush on, and the only reason I stopped being a lush was to lose weight! 

Anyhow, I may join a gym and talk to a nutritionist.  My body is in a rut.  I may go to the gym today and talk about joining and then going to Trader Joe's to spurge on more healthy food. 

1 hour ago, brilac said:

Thanks, I was thinking about eating more calories.  I've been on this eating healthier, cutting out the restaurants and not drinking alcohol since the end of December, and I have not seen the improvement I want.   Can you believe that - cutting out the restaurants and not drinking, as well as lowering my calorie intake and exercising more?! I enjoy being a lush, and enjoy sitting around drinking wine or champagne and watching Hockey and the Bachelor, or a Sunday Afternoon getting my lush on, and the only reason I stopped being a lush was to lose weight! 

Anyhow, I may join a gym and talk to a nutritionist.  My body is in a rut.  I may go to the gym today and talk about joining and then going to Trader Joe's to spurge on more healthy food. 

I suffer from a bit of a protein imbalance so I tend to be very strict on my food combinations.  I have somewhat successfully eliminated bread form my diet as well, this is HUGE when wanting to loose unwanted pounds.   Vitamin B9 and B12 help in digestion as well as burning carbs and give you more energy.

Check your iron and magnesium levels as.....

" certain minerals also play a role in breaking down nutrients into energy, including iron, copper and chromium. Both iron and copper play an essential role in metabolism, working in your cells turning food into energy. While you may feel tired if you lack either one of these nutrients, getting what you need or more won't speed up calorie or fat-burning. Chromium is a trace mineral found in a number of weight-loss supplements. This minerals improves insulin activity and also metabolizes fat, protein and carbs. "

It is really all about absorption and how well your body does it.

https://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/vitamin-supplements/body-absorb-vitamins.htm

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles
  • Upvote 1

@brilac What’s your end goal in regards to fitness/weight loss? I wouldn’t recommend cutting more calories, you’ll feel like crap. I went as low as 1800 cals last year and it was rough. This year I’m cutting at 2450cals and it’s a breeze. 

@chilliwiggins I’ve never personally tried Keto, I keep carbs high as possible even when cutting to keep strength high as possible. Though a relative of mine really responded well to Keto..dropped a 100lbs and his confidence is at an all time high now it’s awesome!