The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things that annoy you.

Rate this topic

numb3r 16

Just now, D-Money said:

It's all of the Sportsnet channels. I seem to get all of the Canucks games on SN Pacific. However, I did notice if it's a game against Calgary or Edmonton, the recording doesn't work, because I need to watch it on SN West.

As for the page up button - thanks for the tip! I will try that ASAP.

I get all Sportsnet channels too but regional Canucks games are blacked out. 

Pretty sure this is my remote. And IIRC the page up is used to advance 30 seconds on my PVR recordings. 

Image result for shaw remote

7 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Yeah, mine aren't. Think I must have some sort of advanced package, possibly with Sportsnet NOW. Haven't looked into it much.

Since I'm getting it free, for at least another year, I won't bother with GameCentre next year. However, if you have to pay for one or the other, I'd still go with GameCentre. Added benefit - you can watch any team, not just another Canadian one. One benefit of Sportnet NOW though is getting the pre- & post-game stuff, if you like that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

That's tempting!

Yeah, Gamecentre costs a bit more than Centre Ice ($180 if you do early bird in September, vs. $139 for Centre Ice with Shaw). But there are a lot of benefits. Can watch from computer/tablet/phone. Don't have to remember to set PVR, just go to game and start from beginning. Can choose which feed to watch, even different camera angles. Split-screen on Apple TV (sound is for larger one, but you can swipe back and forth instantly), but only if you're watching live. You can instantly bring up highlights from around the league.

Also has highlights and condensed versions of all games available. I love the condensed games - usually include all decent shots and scoring chances. If I miss a Canucks game, I usually watch the condensed version. And occasionally I'll watch them for other teams, to see how they're doing. The condensed games are available for free online, but it is very handy to have them all in the app, ready to go.

• Cheers 1

I wanted to get checked out by a Dermatologist but was told to get a referral first.  So I figured I might as well book a physical only to be told that you can't book physicals anymore, only your doctor can.  You want more people to get checked out so why make it harder?  

On 1/7/2020 at 10:18 AM, Shift-4 said:

Pretty sure this is my remote. And IIRC the page up is used to advance 30 seconds on my PVR recordings. 

Image result for shaw remote

@D-Money

Page up advances 5 minutes (great for getting through intermissions)

Right pointing arrow to the right of stop button advances 30 seconds

• Thanks 1

I checked the online portal for rent payments, and saw a pet fee... I advised in December that the cat had passed away, and was quoted a new balance.  I paid my rent, and saw the pet fee listed as late when I logged onto the portal.  I'm irritated, and sent them an email and called them and left a VM.  I'm more concerned about it affecting my payment history.  Rent payments are reported.  They better have this sort out when they return on Tuesday, and if not, I am escalating it, and looking at other places to live.  I'm irritated about how this could affect my payment history, and the concept that they cannot keep their accounting right.  When I am quoted an amount, I expected it to be the correct about, rather than finding out later, an extra charge that should not be on there! 

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

People who don't clean up after their pets.

People who proudly collect unemployment. 

People who talk excessively loud into their cellphones, especially when using profanity. 

People who have yet to learn that it only takes a moment to be polite.