The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Avalanche

-Vintage Canuck-

Don't split them up for 5 on 5 play, just split the Sedin up for PP only because they can only pass too many times for each other and split them up can force them to learn to pass to 4 other guys on the PP.   just my feeling that they might break out for 5 on 5 by using all guys and play differently on a regular shift except for PP.

26 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

To get the Sedins going, here are the lines I would like to see.  (assuming Baertschi is not back)

Burrows, Horvat, Daniel

Eriksson, Henrik, Granlund

Megna, Sutter, Chaput

Grenier Gaunce Labate

If Baertschi is back

Baertshi, Horvat, Burrows

Eriksson, Granlund, Daniel

Sutter, Henrik, Megna

Grenier Gaunce Chaput

The other lines are all playing well and generating chances.  The Sedins need to figure it out themselves.  Not fair to the team that other performing lines have to be broken up because the highest paid top line can't generate.  Even on the PP they are not getting it done so it is not their linemates, it is the twins and how they are playing.  They are no longer able to get those low percentage passes through that used to be so effective and now usually end up turning the puck over far more than they generate chances.

Really deserved the W.

Colorado with a couple cheap goals - and a boatload of good chances stifled by Markstrom - but that one would have stung had they come up short.

What a solid young blueline shaping up.

I may be the biggest Sbisa tire-pumper on these boards, and even I'm surprised at just how good the guy is getting.

Anyhow, here we go again - the top pairing out, no Honey Badger, Baertschi, Dorse....

But the depth guys are looking good.  I think a lot of people underestimated this team's depth - they're stepping up pretty well.

Gotta say - a lot less of a troll vibe from the CBC, nice to have John finally getting pbp, and DeBrusk is a nice chance of color tone.

Yes, Bo, Burr, Stecher and of course Markstrom were all great.  But I was really impressed with Sbisa.  He's gotten so cool and confident, especially with the puck.  Every time he was on the ice, he seemed to calm it down, and move it out well.  He is turning into a top 4 performer.  I'm hoping that we don't lose him to Vegas, because he's just reaching his prime, and getting better every game!

Stecher is so suave. Someone needs to take him to the Sami Salo school of development to work on his shot and he'll be golden for the rest of his career. He can get them through but they're usually in the goaltenders crest.

Bo is just a one man wrecking crew on transition offense, always drawing two defenders to him.

Huge. &^@#ing. Game. Markstrom. He really reminds me of Luongo, when he's on he's ON. When he's off he's ... err, off.

Each and every game Sbisa continues to impress me. He looks so calm and cool when handling the puck. Can get a few shots when he has a chance to on the rush. I can't stop praising him. I want him to be in the team in the near future as well. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a vet around when the young guns like Juolevi, Stecher, Tryamkin, Brisebois start to take over. 

37 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

The other lines are all playing well and generating chances.  The Sedins need to figure it out themselves.  Not fair to the team that other performing lines have to be broken up because the highest paid top line can't generate.  Even on the PP they are not getting it done so it is not their linemates, it is the twins and how they are playing.  They are no longer able to get those low percentage passes through that used to be so effective and now usually end up turning the puck over far more than they generate chances.

Most depressing upvote I've ever given out

2 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Can't wait to move on from Edler n Sedins.

IMG_0615.GIF

They are complete opposite to the type of team we want to build. A Fast, heavy, dynamic team. Watching them play causes agony but we have to endure this pain until their contracts run out. 

IMG_0613.GIF

IMG_0614.GIF

You're 12

21 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Yes, Bo, Burr, Stecher and of course Markstrom were all great.  But I was really impressed with Sbisa.  He's gotten so cool and confident, especially with the puck.  Every time he was on the ice, he seemed to calm it down, and move it out well.  He is turning into a top 4 performer.  I'm hoping that we don't lose him to Vegas, because he's just reaching his prime, and getting better every game!

Except for that shift in OT, that was pretty scary to watch lol 

10 straight penalty kills and tonight we only had 5 defenseman. This is what depth looks like and what we've been sorrily lacking for a very long time. Benning has done a magnificent job with our back end over the past couple years.

Also is anyone else starting to see Stecher as the potential PP QB #1 D-man we've been looking for? I know we have Juolevi coming, but man oh man Stecher is killing it and getting stronger every game. This kid has wheels, smarts and heart. It's a privilege to watch him play for our team. We gave up nothing for him. Incredible. Benning hit a home run with this guy.

What a game! I'm excited for the future.

4 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Crap. We are stuck with Biega then.

We'll call the next guy in the depth chart but he (Pedan) will likely sit.

Not necessarily a bad thing. If Biega gets enough games in we can expose him instead of Sbisa. That would allow us to either trade him for an asset or keep him as depth since our defensive core never lasts even half a season. Either way it's better then losing him for nothing. Bring up Biega.

Archived