The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Avalanche

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Yes, Bo, Burr, Stecher and of course Markstrom were all great.  But I was really impressed with Sbisa.  He's gotten so cool and confident, especially with the puck.  Every time he was on the ice, he seemed to calm it down, and move it out well.  He is turning into a top 4 performer.  I'm hoping that we don't lose him to Vegas, because he's just reaching his prime, and getting better every game!

If Sbisa can keep up his current play, we can trade away another LHD this year.  NTC's will get waived if the player is informed that he will not get protected status. 

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

Benning's Legions advance, Tank Nation retreats, homer delusions run wild.

I am in the middle

Canucks make it to the playoffs - great the young players will gain confidence and experience 

Canucks suck and become last place - #Tank4Nolan it is then 

Win-Win 

Anyways does anyone know what's wrong with the Av's? 

They only made it to the playoffs once in the last 5 or 6 years and the team has a lot of really good and great players MacKinnon, Iginla, Landeskog, Duchene, Sodergerg, Johnson, Barrie, and Varlamov and before O'Reilly and Statsny 

I mean on paper this team is a really good and a team whose players are in their prime. This team should be a playoff team every season. 

10 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Ain't gonna happen with Las Vegas in the way.

Or #Tank4Someone 

Also nice tidbit though playing 2 more games in the season Bo Horvat has the same number of points as Nathan Mackinnon (1st overall in Horvat's draft class) this season. And Horvat and MacKinnonn are -3 and -2 respectively. I am also guessing that Horvat plays less minutes than MacKinnon though I can't really confirm. 

7 hours ago, Fateless said:

Avalanche definitely deserved to win it in overtime. Markstrom was outstanding and we looked so sluggish. 

Happy to win but this team better decide real quick if they're going to compete or tank - my worst fear is we suck but not bad enough to rebuild properly.

So you don't give credit for 2 hard games in a row, playing at altitude, playing a D short, taking it to a shoot out - go find another team.

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Anyways does anyone know what's wrong with the Av's? 

They only made it to the playoffs once in the last 5 or 6 years and the team has a lot of really good and great players MacKinnon, Iginla, Landeskog, Duchene, Sodergerg, Johnson, Barrie, and Varlamov and before O'Reilly and Statsny 

I mean on paper this team is a really good and a team whose players are in their prime. This team should be a playoff team every season. 

I was thinking that too, they should've made the playoffs more than once in the last few years. 

Maybe had something to do with the head coach losing the room after his first year or because they play in the toughest division - but those are only contributing factors.

Something isn't right there; they got rid of Stastny and O'Reilly while Landeskog & Barrie's names have been linked to trade rumors. Why would you constantly be trading away your good young talent? 

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Tryamkin with zero hits.  Musta been the altitude.

I was watching him closely.  I'd say he had 1-2 proper hits but he still made contact, obstructed and mugged a bit.  Positionally he was good tonight and used his stick well again.

1 hour ago, Lafayettecrossbar said:

I was thinking that too, they should've made the playoffs more than once in the last few years. 

Maybe had something to do with the head coach losing the room after his first year or because they play in the toughest division - but those are only contributing factors.

Something isn't right there; they got rid of Stastny and O'Reilly while Landeskog & Barrie's names have been linked to trade rumors. Why would you constantly be trading away your good young talent? 

Even in their division I'd say on paper they are better than the Wild and arguable have better top end talent than the Preds, Blues (excluding the back end), and Jets. So it's strange how little they've done consider they have elite forwards and an elite goaltender. 

Anyways this is my biggest worry if Vancouver goes to a full tank rebuild that they might become the Avalanche 2.0. Despite having high end talent can't seem to make it to the post season.

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Even in their division I'd say on paper they are better than the Wild and arguable have better top end talent than the Preds, Blues (excluding the back end), and Jets. So it's strange how little they've done consider they have elite forwards and an elite goaltender. 

Their so called elite centres now have to do what ROR did - play defensively.  

1 hour ago, Lafayettecrossbar said:

I think Roy was a cancer there and really messed things up. What I saw from them last game is they always try low percentage plays. Trying to pass through defenders and what not. 

2 hours ago, Lafayettecrossbar said:

I had to miss the game, can anyone tell me if there is a specific reason why Gaunce and Labate got about 4:30 of ice time each?

Gaunce is struggling just now (I'm a big Gaunce fan) and I think he needs a rest. LaBate is a classic "recall" He is trying to play another game other than the one he plays in Utica, he needs to relax and just play his natural game. Archibald used to do it and that is why he never stuck.

Archived