The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Avalanche

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Never trust the hit counter in a visiting rink. They tend to favor the home team. 

This is true. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Towers over almost everyone.:P

8 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Tryamkin with his stakes on just absolutely towers over Baertschi.

Try.png

Aside from the hooking penalty and a lazy turnover in his own zone in the first I thought he played pretty well again tonight. 

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I remember Salo playing the next game and his face was pasty white. He looked like death. I think it was the Hawks we were playing and I remember they even respected him enough to not really hit him lol

2dvpjlh.jpg

Which episode was that one?

Horvat and company looked great. Sedins not chipping in...not so much.

Team battled, dominated the first, then tired a bit with the back to back and the altitude, but they hung in there.  :)

Colorado didn't deserve to get to overtime, their goals were fluky.

Horvat line once again the best for the Canucks... Horvat drives it as always, Burrows is smart enough to know how to read the play and position himself.

Nice to see Eriksson starting to heat up.  That was a goal scorers goal, that little subtle shift before he shot.  ;)

Stecher had another tremendous game, this kid is so smart and creative, and so much of a gamer... I love his tenacious play in the corners when he is able to out battle guys who are twice his size.

Big loss to see Edler go down... hopefully not for long.

Bad news:

Sedins are STALE.  Out of ideas, their timing is off, and they look tired.  Hemmed in our zone many times during the game.  And their efforts in the offensive zone were lackluster... hi-lighted by Henrik stick-handling with the puck till time ran out in OT.

I really think the team and them would be served best if they were split up for a game or two... just to force them to get out of their comfort zone and challenge them to start being creative and thinking a bit more.

Overall a good game to build on for the younger guys and the new additions.

3 minutes ago, singing chef said:

Good to see Horvat waiting on the ice at the bench at the end of the game congratulating his team-mates, waiting to be last off the ice.  He did that last night in Dallas.  Shows a great deal of maturity and has "captain material" written all over it.

Apparently he wants the job.

Stecher has a great shot. Quick release and accurate in hitting the net. He is also great defensively and a battler despite his size. Never gives up on a play and isn't afraid to mix it up. This kid might be gold for us long term.  Tryamkin looks pretty good shooting too. Needs to hit the net a bit more consistently though. 

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Stecher has a great shot. Quick release and accurate in hitting the net. He is also great defensively and a battler despite his size. This kid might be gold for us long term.  Tryamkin looks pretty good shooting too. Needs to hit the net a bit more consistently though. 

The defense is quietly becoming an excellent one. 

Archived