The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) - TBL - VAN

On 12/16/2016 at 8:31 AM, timberz21 said:

If Tampa doesn't have the cap space to re-sign Drouin.....what are they going to do with Tanev's 4.5M$ ????

Drouin has 55 pts in 113 NHL games ( in three season)....it's not like he will sign a 7M$ deal.  Yes he was a 3rd overall, but that deep draft has a lot of player drafted behind him currently ahead of him.  Best he could get is a 2-3 year bridge deal in the 3-5M$ range.

Not saying it isn't a great fit hockey wise (although I doubt Yzerman wouldn only want Tanev back, Canucks would need to add), but I don't buy the money argument.

No way........ Tanev straight up for Drouin, Thats fair.

21 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

I'd rather see Gudbranson for Druin personally!!

i don't think we should give up Tanev for Druin we can get more then Druin for Tanev, I think personally! I would do, Gudbranson and a third for Druin is more then enough! Then we can use Tanev for other Forward options! Like a Pkg deal for Landeskog and Jost! Get these three players then things are looking up:)

We don't want to loose Guber and Tanev. I would do the drouin for tanev deal and keep Guber because of his age and size

21 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

Guddys overrated trade him while his value is still worth something;)

But he's still got plenty of time to improve. You can't find that kind of toughness with out paying an arm and a leg. Tanev is worth more on the market and lets also remember Guddy's play in the play offs for the panthers, steller in the eyes of his team mates.

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

But he's still got plenty of time to improve. You can't find that kind of toughness with out paying an arm and a leg. Tanev is worth more on the market and lets also remember Guddy's play in the play offs for the panthers, steller in the eyes of his team mates.

................... still think he's overrated aswell unsure about his potential??? He's got size for sure! il give you that;) aswell young, but I honestly think he's a 3rd maybe 2nd at best line pairing? idk wel have to be patient I guess and see if he can make that extra leap?? I say we trade him for the offence we need;)

16 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

................... still think he's overrated aswell unsure about his potential??? He's got size for sure! il give you that;) aswell young, but I honestly think he's a 3rd maybe 2nd at best line pairing? idk wel have to be patient I guess and see if he can make that extra leap?? I say we trade him for the offence we need;)

I don't think he's overrated.  I think 2nd pairing is the perfect chair for him. 

The problem, is with Tanev and Edler out, he's playing like a 1st pairing, which is too much for his limited offensive abilities, unless he would be playing with an elite #1 (like Seabrook with Keith).  It's ok if he plays a lot, but he needs to play more in defensive situation.   Also, playing 1st pairing minutes with a young player like Hutton isn't the best way to showcase Gudbranson either IMO.  Finally, playing behind a true 1st pairing, he would look even better, but Tanev and Edler are below average for a top pairing.

Also in 2-3 years, I think Gudbranson will be the perfect partner for Juolevi.   He'll bring defensive aspect to that pairing, he'll be able to protect him and they will be able to play 25-30 minutes per night (assuming Juolevi reaches his potential).

2 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Why not both, we need a monster d-man on each pairing in the west and I'm not 100% convinced on Trymkin yet, looks really positive but too early to say he's  a sure thing

Trymkin two years younger, and as soon as he fills in muscle wise, he's gonna be a beast! more so then Gudbranson! Sure we can have two giants! But imo we don't need two;) skaters are way to fast this day in age and will burn them on the outside most of the time, sure they be good for playing a tight square defensive positional wize. But big players are limited to the type of style nhlers play today.... this games way to fast so why have two? When we can improve our offence? I'm fine with trading either or to improve our offence;) but personally I think trymkin gonna be the guy I'd like to keep if I had the choice between the two:) 

15 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

Trymkin two years younger, and as soon as he fills in muscle wise, he's gonna be a beast! more so then Gudbranson! Sure we can have two giants! But imo we don't need two;) skaters are way to fast this day in age and will burn them on the outside most of the time, sure they be good for playing a tight square defensive positional wize. But big players are limited to the type of style nhlers play today.... this games way to fast so why have two? When we can improve our offence? I'm fine with trading either or to improve our offence;) but personally I think trymkin gonna be the guy I'd like to keep if I had the choice between the two:) 

I am willing to let Benning make any trade he wants if he thinks its going to improve our team. Im just not fully convinced on Trymkin yet thats all. Gubber has more experience and still has room to grow and improve.

On 16/12/2016 at 5:45 PM, 70seven said:

At this point in time, Tanev is the far more valuable of players to his team. TB is in win now mode, and Tanev is an EXCELLENT addition to a team like that.  Drouin has skill and potential but hasnt shown any real consistency so far in his young career.  He has nearly identical stats to Sven Baertschi, and both are a -1 on the season.  

Seeing how Vancouver needs to look for the future, I can see a deal like this making some level of sense, but I honestly dont see Vancouver trading Tanev unless the deal is completely lop sided in their favor.  Drouin is a sexy prospect but his name and draft position overshadow the fact that he has yet to produce anything more than a typical 3rd liner.  Chris Tanev is one of the best analytical dmen in the league.  He doesnt drive offence, but he suppresses the other team and is a core contributor to the success of his team.  

Which is of more value?  Well, imo the value easily lies in the sure thing, over the gamble, especially for a team thats ready to win.  A RHD thats just entered the prime of his career that logs heavy minutes 5 on 5 and killing penalties, AND is signed to a very cap friendly deal.  Also TB has the space to protect another defender.  WHile they risk losing a bottom pairing D via expansion in its place.

TB adds

I agree that Tanev has more value for this team than Drouin at this point but don't think you evaluation of him totally accurate. Drouin has more upside than Bear and is close to a point per game player in the playoffs..Playing behind some pretty good stars.  He has star potential and will likely end up on a teams first line...His trajectory and evaluation indicate that in a year or two he will be a 70-90 point guy.  That is something our team desperately needs...Too bad we need Tanev too.

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I agree that Tanev has more value for this team than Drouin at this point but don't think you evaluation of him totally accurate. Drouin has more upside than Bear and is close to a point per game player in the playoffs..Playing behind some pretty good stars.  He has star potential and will likely end up on a teams first line...His trajectory and evaluation indicate that in a year or two he will be a 70-90 point guy.  That is something our team desperately needs...Too bad we need Tanev too.

Tanev is 27, and he will only help us get to mediocre.  Drouin is 21, and will be part of our young core.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Tanev is 27, and he will only help us get to mediocre.  Drouin is 21, and will be part of our young core.  

Yeah...I would be stoked if the trade happened...But we would fill a hole and open another.   Perhaps it wouldn't be too bad with Joulevi in the wings and Stecther proving that he belongs.   Make it so!  

As an aside what do you think of going after Bishop?  An upgrade for sure...We will have the cap space and could get a pick for Markstrom or even Demko if he doesn't work out.   Having a top five goalie would give us a shot every game ala Price Rinne Lundqvist...Schneider...Could be a good idea if the term and price were Right 

17 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

I am willing to let Benning make any trade he wants if he thinks its going to improve our team. Im just not fully convinced on Trymkin yet thats all. Gubber has more experience and still has room to grow and improve.

Not the way he's playing right now haha! I aswell am ready for banning to make some moves;)

5 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

True enough but Druin value is worth like a guddy type trade;) Tanev is far more valuable at this point;)

That's true.  I would give them .Sbisa, but his play recently makes him valued more than before.  Who would you rather have:Jonathan Drouin or Max Domi?

Archived