The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

He's already done the year that that's talking about. If that's true, then Rodin agreed to spend another season in sweden (the season he just finished) before the draft last June. Then when he got drafted by our team he had already made a commitment to play in sweden, meaning that even if he wanted to come over he couldn't. Capiche?

This extra-year mumbo jumbo got me thinking that he had to play another season in Sweden.

This extra-year mumbo jumbo got me thinking that he had to play another season in Sweden.

Ya i figured that's what you were getting at. It's so hard to keep the facts straight about these prospects playing in sweden just because they don't get any media attention really. I actually thought he had another year too until that old article was brought up.

Rödin had no points in game 2, but at least Brynäs won. But you could see that Rödin had energy when he was on the ice, and he and Calle Järnkrok deserves to play in a better line than the fourth line. But he need to build some muscles, in AHL and NHL there are much more physical play than in Elitserien. Often he lose his balance when opponents makes physical contact.

Here are the highlights btw http://tv.hockeyligan.se/main.aspx?contentid=53671160833

Brynäs tied the game series, 1-1.

Best of 7.

Edited by Hedman

Rödin had no points in game 2, but at least Brynäs won. But you could see that Rödin had energy when he was on the ice, and he and Calle Järnkrok deserves to play in a better line than the fourth line. But he need to build some muscles, in AHL and NHL there are much more physical play than in Elitserien. Often he lose his balance when opponents makes physical contact.

Here are the highlights btw http://tv.hockeyliga...tid=53671160833

Brynäs tied the game series, 1-1.

Best of 7.

Did he at least look dangerous? Or looked like a player capable of generating chances?

Did he at least look dangerous? Or looked like a player capable of generating chances?

You didn't saw him much in the game. But again he's playing in the fourth line and i'm not sure why he's playing there. I mean he was tied second with André Petersson in points in WJC. And André played in the first line and Anton played in the third line (!) . He should at least play in the third line. Anton isn't even a fourth line type of player. He showed in game 1 against Djurgården that he's there to produce points, not defend against the other team's best line.

Rödin played 18:22 min tonight. One of his best games this season I think, maybe his best. Missed a breakaway though and took a slashing penalty late in the game. Another notable thing is that the centre talent Calle Järnkrok played 22:14 min for Brynäs. This kid is extremely talented, his compared by some experts here in Sweden to Nicklas Bäckström.

• Upvote 1

Rödin played 18:22 min tonight. One of his best games this season I think, maybe his best. Missed a breakaway though and took a slashing penalty late in the game. Another notable thing is that the centre talent Calle Järnkrok played 22:14 min for Brynäs. This kid is extremely talented, his compared by some experts here in Sweden to Nicklas Bäckström.

...are we able to draft him?

well, I haven't heard anything about him. You think he will be available in the 4th or 5th rounds?

Hope Gradin picks this guy up, there is a chance since hes playing on the same team as anderson, froshaug, and rodin whom he scouted for us already :D

on second thought, I don't know about using a high draft pick on another center. I know it is an important position, and drafting the BPA is normally the best thing to do, but our past 2 first rounders seem pretty good.

maybe we could go for Viktor Svedberg. 6' 9" Dman.

on second thought, I don't know about using a high draft pick on another center. I know it is an important position, and drafting the BPA is normally the best thing to do, but our past 2 first rounders seem pretty good.

maybe we could go for Viktor Svedberg. 6' 9" Dman.

Agree. As Johanlake said, Järnkrok has great potential. On the other hand, we have H.Sedin for 4 seasons to come and Kesler for 6 seasons. And we have Hodgson (most points in WJC last year) and Schroeder (have already written American history with his American junior performances). I would rather get a good defenceman or a good winger, but i wouldn't mind having him since he shines of potential.