The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

I saw somewhere he was signed to a 2 year contract when he was drafted by Vancouver. But I hope I'm wrong.

Have the Canucks given you any indication on when you might play in North America with the Canucks or maybe with their farm team, the Manitoba Moose?

Anton Rodin – I’m taking it one year at a time. I have one year at Brynäs so I’ll finish this season and then I’ll see what I do.

Peter Andersson – Yeah, me too.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=507452

Andersson signed a 1-year extension, Rodin has't yet, which leads me to believe that he does plan to come over. Andersson gets good minutes in the SEL, whereas Rodin is still in a limited role, which may push him to come over. We'll see once Byrnas's season is finished.

Wow the Moose could end up having some good forward talent comming up with most of our best forward prospects able to make the jump. I hope he does sign it will be alot easier for some of us to follow him being he would be in North America.towel.gif

Wow the Moose could end up having some good forward talent comming up with most of our best forward prospects able to make the jump. I hope he does sign it will be alot easier for some of us to follow him being he would be in North America.towel.gif

It will be awesome seeing the Moose next year if he comes over. The farm is starting to get replenished after years of neglect.

Where would Rodin go if he were brought over here? Does any CHL team own his rights?

It would be awesome to have him go to a team like the Knights.

But isn't it better to keep Swedish players in the SEL until they are ready for the NHL? It's a really good league for developing young players because they gotta earn their ice time like in the NHL. Alot of teams choose to keep Swedish players over there until they're ready to make the jump.

Where would Rodin go if he were brought over here? Does any CHL team own his rights?

It would be awesome to have him go to a team like the Knights.

But isn't it better to keep Swedish players in the SEL until they are ready for the NHL? It's a really good league for developing young players because they gotta earn their ice time like in the NHL. Alot of teams choose to keep Swedish players over there until they're ready to make the jump.

I don't think so. If he's coming over to North America, he's playing in the AHL.

I just took part in the Province chat thing and Tony Gallagher said something like "Rodin cannot wait to get out of their fast enough. He committed to Sweden before getting drafted and would have not done so if he knew he would have gone to Vancouver in 2nd Round. But he had to make decision before draft"

I just took part in the Province chat thing and Tony Gallagher said something like "Rodin cannot wait to get out of their fast enough. He committed to Sweden before getting drafted and would have not done so if he knew he would have gone to Vancouver in 2nd Round. But he had to make decision before draft"

Is there anyway he could get out of the extra year? :unsure:

Is there anyway he could get out of the extra year? :unsure:

He's already done the year that that's talking about. If that's true, then Rodin agreed to spend another season in sweden (the season he just finished) before the draft last June. Then when he got drafted by our team he had already made a commitment to play in sweden, meaning that even if he wanted to come over he couldn't. Capiche?

Edited by dbamford

He's already done the year that that's talking about. If that's true, then Rodin agreed to spend another season in sweden (the season he just finished) before the draft last June. Then when he got drafted by our team he had already made a commitment to play in sweden, meaning that even if he wanted to come over he couldn't. Capiche?

Go back to my post about the quote from Rodin, clearly he can leave this off-season if he wants to.

Go back to my post about the quote from Rodin, clearly he can leave this off-season if he wants to.

I know that, I could be reading the guy before me's post wrong, but he's interpreting your thing as thinking he's committed this coming season to sweden too, hence asking if theres any way he can get out of playing the season. I was just re-iterating what you were saying, explaining that he's already done the time he dedicated, meaning he's free to come whenever, barring a new contract.